Guice Suffers Another Knee Injury

Jeezy Fanatic

Bryce Love hasn't done anything. He was very good in college though, and should probably deserve a shot if it arose. With that said, maybe Guice injury isn't serious. 

Meanwhile live look at our training staff after week 1 with Guice and Allen down:

source.gif

In any case, this is why I thought Adrian Peterson should be the starting running back, and you gradually give Guice the touches until he takes over the lion's share midway through the season.  He hasn't played meaningful snaps in over 18 months, and to expect him to come into that game and be the primary running back was not a good decision.  Just about anyone could've predicted something like this could happen, and it did.  

Guice has a bright future, but the Redskins need to work him up to the level they want him to be, not throw him to the wolves and expect it to happen overnight.  Growth mindset is the right one here.  

• Like 3

Imo, Gruden should be fired for everything related to A. Peterson.

For wanting to cut him on cutdown day...

&

Deactivating AP in WK-1, when NOBODY knows how Guice's body/knees would hold up after so much time, OFF the field.

Gruden might be the worst player/personnel strategist head coach, I've ever seen.

Nothing he does, makes any sense.

He also might be the worst at 2nd half adjustments, I've ever seen.

I think I've seen enough, but he'll probably have us ready & we'll beat Dallas.

He'll have us back on the train, right up until we lose to Miami & crash & burn the rest of the way.

I think we need a new coach, guys. I really do. I think we've seen enough.

I know this...we need to figure out something, while our Franchise QB waits in the wings.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Bryce Love hasn't done anything. He was very good in college though, and should probably deserve a shot if it arose. With that said, maybe Guice injury isn't serious. 

Meanwhile live look at our training staff after week 1 with Guice and Allen down:

source.gif

Love will get his chance eventually. I just want know how anyone can say he WILL be the answer.

41 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In any case, this is why I thought Adrian Peterson should be the starting running back, and you gradually give Guice the touches until he takes over the lion's share midway through the season.  He hasn't played meaningful snaps in over 18 months, and to expect him to come into that game and be the primary running back was not a good decision.  Just about anyone could've predicted something like this could happen, and it did.  

Guice has a bright future, but the Redskins need to work him up to the level they want him to be, not throw him to the wolves and expect it to happen overnight.  Growth mindset is the right one here.  

Yep 👍 

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Imo, Gruden should be fired for everything related to A. Peterson.

For wanting to cut him on cutdown day...

&

Deactivating AP in WK-1, when NOBODY knows how Guice's body/knees would hold up after so much time, OFF the field.

Gruden might be the worst player/personnel strategist head coach, I've ever seen.

Nothing he does, makes any sense.

He also might be the worst at 2nd half adjustments, I've ever seen.

I think I've seen enough, but he'll probably have us ready & we'll beat Dallas.

He'll have us back on the train, right up until we lose to Miami & crash & burn the rest of the way.

I think we need a new coach, guys. I really do. I think we've seen enough.

I know this...we need to figure out something, while our Franchise QB waits in the wings.

I don't know about them beating Dallas or anyone with Loser Jay Gruden as coach but I agree he needs to go IMMEDIATELY!!! Deactivating Peterson was enough for me, than your team blows a 17-0 lead because you the HC don't know anything about adjustments. 

5 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Love seems like a pass catcher. If he works out he can take over Thompson. Thompson is brittle and made out of glass.

Love is a few inches taller and 10 pounds heavier, he may not be a bell cow, but Love can have more of a roll in a rushing attack than Thompson.

Love is more a Dalvin Cook type than Chris Thompson.

Edited by turtle28