Lynn Swann out as USC Athletic Director

DirtyDez

Welp, Clay Helton's seat just got burning hot.  I can't see a way he saves his job at this point.  Whoever is hired as AD is going to want to make a statement hire to get the USC program back on track.  The buyout isn't public knowledge, but the leaked amount last year was $15 million, so the speculation is that the number may be closer to $10 million.  

Anyway, some folks at USC were reachout out to prospective candidates as early as a few weeks ago, so this was known for some time and they are just now releasing it, I guess to not detract from the start of the season.  

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-coaching-return-USC-Trojans-135529579/

“I’ve been in a fight for 33 years, and now you’re not in that fight,” Meyer said this week in a wide-ranging interview with Cleveland.com. “So how do you fulfill that fight? And I feel that every morning. Every morning. “It’s all about a win and a loss for 33 years. I mean every day was. Not just you’re getting ready for a game. No, no, no, no.

"You’re recruiting every day. You’re going against Alabama and Clemson every day, The Team Up North every day. Now you’re not. That’s the number one void, is you’re not in a fight.”

“I’m not there at the moment,” Meyer said when asked about a possible return. “Like you said, next year can I say that? We’ll talk again next year and we’ll see.”

lol he is shamelessly transparent

Just now, MWil23 said:

Urban Meyer with infinite funds is going to wreck the NCAA at either USC or UCLA (obviously USC though).

Didn't even get that far.

You'd think at some point somebody at Fox Sports would be like "hey, Urban, I know this is killing you inside, but maybe don't say 'I've been in a fight for 33 years' when you're only here because you resigned in disgrace since your WR coach's wife was also in a fight with your WR coach for 33 years and you didn't give a ****".

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Didn't even get that far.

You'd think at some point somebody at Fox Sports would be like "hey, Urban, I know this is killing you inside, but maybe don't say 'I've been in a fight for 33 years' when you're only here because you resigned in disgrace since your WR coach's wife was also in a fight with your WR coach for 33 years and you didn't give a ****".

I personally read his above quote that "Cure for migraines found. Turns out, it's a lot of money and no accountability".