The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

ok this is way premature, but if Philly and Boston continue their solid play, I am calling the Boston-Philly rd 2 match-up one of the best and most exciting series for any team NOT in the finals for the last few years, IMO. Boston should have Smart back by then and his defense will be needed.

Edited by resilient part 2

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

ok this is way premature, but if Philly and Boston continue their solid play, I am calling the Boston-Philly rd 2 match-up one of the best and most exciting series for any team NOT in the finals for the last few years, IMO. Boston should have Smart back by then and his defense will be needed.

That may be a stretch, but would be a fun series. Stevens is a very good coach. 

Also been doing some research. Brian Windhorst said if the Spurs trade Leonard they won't be getting a premium back because it's either going to be a rental, or he's going to force the trade. With that in mind, I researched similar deals in which a star or potential star was traded because their team washing a bad situation.

1 Oklahoma City Thunder trade James Harden to Houston

Harden was obviously a budding superstar, but he was stuck as the 6th man and the Thunder looked to unload him to make space under the luxury tax. They backed themselves into a corner and ended up with rookieJeremy Lamb, veteran Kevin Martin, 2 first round selections, and a second round selection for Harden and fillers. I think this is the scenario that will most closely resemble the package for Leonard. That said. A talented prospect in need of development and time in the G-League (Lamb) a veteran player who is a starting caliber player (Martin), and draft picks.

2 Indiana Pavers trade Paul George to Oklahoma City

Hindsight 2020 getting Oladipo makes this trade a win for Indiana as he's developed into an absolute stud for the Pacers. With that said at the time it looked like an underwhelming package for OKC to give up. Sabonis was a first round pick but didn't add much to the OKC rotation. Fast forward and Indiana won the deal, but at the time everyone thought it was a steal for OKC.

I think if this were the case we'd be out of it for 2 reasons. One, I don't think Collangelo will give up 2 talented but underperforming players for a guy who won't give his word to re-signing, and if he does agree to re-sign no way San Antonio doesn't demand draft capital.

If Leonard agrees to re-sign it would probably look like the Harden deal. We have options of that young guy, but I think this team wouldn't give up a premium guy (Fultz/Saric) for him, and based on the Harden deal I think something like this COULD work

Philadelphia receives

SF Kawhi Leonard

San Antonio receives

SG Furkan Korkmaz

SF Robert Covington

Rights to F Jonah Bolden

10th overall Pick

26th overall Pick

2019 2nd round pick

You still have the money to re-sign Reddick and add more because the salaries closely match and you lose Amir Johnson coming off the books and Reddick won't cost 23 million to sign this offseason.

The Sixers add a superstar 2 way guy with a championship pedigree who is only 26 and in his prime. A starting 5 of Simmons/ Reddick/Leonard/Saric/Embiid

With a bench of Fultz/ Holmes/ Bellinelli / Ilyasova / Anderson and maybe one more guy via free agency would be one of the favorites to hoist the trophy next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

This. Just want to end this series next game and give our guys time to rest up after this series

James Johnson is the type of dude to get prison tattoos before he goes to jail to look tougher. He's a fraud, went after Ben after Covington fouled Dragic for no reason because he's a chump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

James Johnson is the type of dude to get prison tattoos before he goes to jail to look tougher. He's a fraud, went after Ben after Covington fouled Dragic for no reason because he's a chump.

He's a MMA fighter