Week 2 GDT: CHI (0-1) @ DEN (0-1)

Broncofan

37 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Most important thing for this season is to see if Lock is a guy you want as a starter next year. Or if we should give up significant draft capital to get our QB of the future.

BUT did we just commit to Flacco for 3 more years? lmaooo

The Flacco adjusted contract isn't a commitment to 3 more years it's a paper moving exercise.  

Frankly, Flacco and his play don't warrant criticism at this point or his contract imo. It's what this team does by week 8 trades, activations from IR. These are the things that will warrant criticism. 

Weeks 5 to 8 are going to be HUGE for  2020 and the outlook moving forward. It will get me excited for the back half of the year and future if done correctly. 

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The Flacco adjusted contract isn't a commitment to 3 more years it's a paper moving exercise.  

Frankly, Flacco and his play don't warrant criticism at this point or his contract imo. It's what this team does by week 8 trades, activations from IR. These are the things that will warrant criticism. 

Weeks 5 to 8 are going to be HUGE for  2020 and the outlook moving forward. It will get me excited for the back half of the year and future if done correctly. 

I haven't seen a solid explanation on it so idk - but to my understanding we re-structured it and it created dead money during each year of his deal. So if we cut him our cap will be effected moving forward. That's my understanding but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've been wondering why this hasn't been covered/discussed as a big deal

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I haven't seen a solid explanation on it so idk - but to my understanding we re-structured it and it created dead money during each year of his deal. So if we cut him our cap will be effected moving forward. That's my understanding but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've been wondering why this hasn't been covered/discussed as a big deal

The third year creates 3 million dollars dead money which is minuscule that's no guarantee to be on the roster. The second year has 10 million which is harder to move on from. 

(Still didn't stop Case Keenum from being moved on from)

Given the situation of the best qbs of this league are getting up there in age the Flacco investment pick wise, and restructure isn't all that bad at this point in time. 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The third year creates 3 million dollars dead money which is minuscule that's no guarantee to be on the roster. The second year has 10 million which is harder to move on from. 

(Still didn't stop Case Keenum from being moved on from)

Given the situation of the best qbs of this league are getting up there in age the Flacco investment pick wise, and restructure isn't all that bad at this point in time. 

Seems quite unnecessary to me. I guess we'll see what extensions happen. But I don't understand the thought process. It seems to be in line with most of our incompetent decisions

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Seems quite unnecessary to me. I guess we'll see what extensions happen. But I don't understand the thought process. It seems to be in line with most of our incompetent decisions

We can't judge the move yet until week 8 . You view the 3 million as losing the ability to sign a Shaq Barrett that 3rd year. I view the move as losing out on Theo Riddick and a couple of Dekoda Watson's . 

It's incomplete until we see where that money goes.The last free agency period, and two drafts gives a fan some hope. You could be right.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

We can't judge the move yet until week 8 . You view the 3 million as losing the ability to sign a Shaq Barrett that 3rd year. I view the move as losing out on Theo Riddick and a couple of Dekoda Watson's . 

It's incomplete until we see where that money goes.The last free agency period, and two drafts gives a fan some hope. You could be right.

One of the largest pros about bringing Flacco in was the fact that we weren't tied to him and could move on at any time without repercussions. Flushed that flexibility down the toilet. But yeah we'll see what they use the added money this year for

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, champ11 said:

One of the largest pros about bringing Flacco in was the fact that we weren't tied to him and could move on at any time without repercussions. Flushed that flexibility down the toilet. But yeah we'll see what they use the added money this year for

I agree, you're probably gonna be right when it's all said and done. I just wait until the picture is painted. Big Ben needs tommy john surgery, brees thumb surgery, wentz rib issues already after one week!!.

If this trend goes up at all Flacco next year could seem like a bargain to some teams at 10 mill and change. Odds are its stabilizes because this is the preseason right now for many teams you just don't know.

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

If we don’t spend a $ of the money saved it rolls over to 2020 and in that event if we cut / trade Flacco next year then there is 0 net effect.    So it really matters how we spend the $ created for this year.  It could even just roll over to 2020 if we keep losing.  

I want to see one of the upcoming young free agents earn a deal with their play this season. So far Shelby Harris and Adam Gotsis haven't done anything. Simmons looks poised to be the guy but needs to make tackles in space and bring more of a physical presence. He wants to run and jump and that's where he can be special, but hedoesn't look like he loves to hit and he hesitates at times when he needs to put his body on the line as safeties do. 

He should look to Kareem Jackson who's 5'10" 180 and isn't afraid of anybody. He'll break hard on to a 6'6" 250 tight end and stop him in his tracks. Man that guy's a good player, too bad we have him at 31 and not 26. Seems like he's really been misused most of his career, he could have been pretty special doing what he does now from the beginning.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2