2020 Draft thread

lavar703

58 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats ridiculous. If the Lions say theyll trade Chase Young and their 2nd rounder. Then thats what it is.

When we traded Bailey for Portis. Denver didnt send over Jason Elam instead did they?

I’ll say it again, I don’t trust a defensive minded HC like Patricia to pass on Chase Young. 

It may be ridiculous but I don’t trust a defensive minded HC who already has a franchise QB to pass on Chase Young.

53 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You seem to not think there are 31 other teams out there trying to improve as well. Everyone is trying to get better. Instead of 1 guy that sells a lot of jerseys. We can sign multiple 1st round picks while adding players. Which means were beating the others in gathering talent.  31 others are trying to improve too.

Since you need reminding Burrows is the most talented.

And dont bother trying to change my mind on either. If anything. Youre making me want a trade more than ever.

Burrow is not the most talented player in the draft, Chase Young is. Young is #1 on the big boards, Burrow is going #1 Bc Cincinnati needs a QB. 

It’s not about selling jerseys. You keep repeating this. It’s about getting the best player in the draft for a team that has a bunch of young talent scattered around but only has a few true difference makers and one of them - Guice - can’t stay healthy.

Oh, and every time I see someone bring up trading down bc of their wet dream fantasy of drafting 3 All-Pros instead of one, that makes me not want to trade down even more! It’s such a ridiculous idea and there’s absolutely no precedent for that.

It’s a fantasy.

You take the best player you can get in the top 5 for sure, if you don’t almost every other time you’ll be disappointed in the trade down. I’ve provided many example of that, both with the Redskins and with other teams.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but it’s not a fact that we trade down and all those players you mentioned turn into be good players. That’s your opinion, that’s not a fact.

Just like it's a opinion Chase Young will be as good as Von Miller, Khalil Mack, or the Bosa Brothers. Chase Young has did nothing in the NFL just like those 3 players I'd take over having just Chase Young. 

12 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

But if we trade down we can have 3 Chase Young’s in different positions bc they’re just all over the draft!... sure people... Guys like Chase Young just grow on trees.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

But if we trade down we can have 3 Chase Young’s in different positions bc they’re just all over the draft!... sure people... Guys like Chase Young just grow on trees.

Who said you'd get 3 Chase Youngs? I definitely haven't seen anybody deny Chase Young is the BEST PLAYER in the draft. Yet Chase Young getting 20 sacks a season doesn't guarantee the GOAL I want, A SUPERBOWL. Guess you learned nothing from the 49ers loss in the SuperBowl! 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Who said you'd get 3 Chase Youngs? I definitely haven't seen anybody deny Chase Young is the BEST PLAYER in the draft. Yet Chase Young getting 20 sacks a season doesn't guarantee the GOAL I want, A SUPERBOWL. Guess you learned nothing from the 49ers loss in the SuperBowl! 

Yes. I learned that all you need to do is draft Pat Mahomes and you can win a super bowl. If Garrapolo is the Chiefs QB I wonder if they even make it to the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Yes. I learned that all you need to do is draft Pat Mahomes and you can win a super bowl. If Garrapolo is the Chiefs QB I wonder if they even make it to the playoffs? 

So it's Garrapolo fault his teams stellar D with multiple 1st round picks Joey Bosa, Solomon Thomas, and Defoster Bunkner, plus a Dee Ford along with Richard Sherman couldn't hold a 10 point lead? 

The Skins aren't a Pass Rusher away from a SuperBowl. If offered 3 or more 1st round picks for pick #2 I'm taking that deal. Building around Haskins like Reid did for Mahomes and Smith. 

Did Julius Peppers win a SuperBowl with Carolina? You know they guy Chase is being Compared too. I don't think so! 

To your point about Mahomes, this fallls into why the Skins could receive that type of offer for Tua. Tua is a QB and nobody effects the game like the QB can. Tua history without injury for sure could make him the #1 pick in the draft. So if he keeps getting HEALTHY that number #2 pick will become more Valuable. Care to answer how much you would give up to get Tua if Doctor's gave you the Ok on him? 

Edited by Skins212689

The difference between winners and losers isn’t that big in terms of talent. It’s huge in terms of coaches who get everyone to achieve their best through discipline, development, flexibility with ability to adjust quickly and scheming to maximize the talent while minimizing the weaknesses of the players. Coach a Gibbs 101- he never had the top talent and his super bowl teams were always underrated because people failed to understand the super bowl equation:

T+C(d+d+f+s)=Victory

• Like 1