2020 Draft thread

lavar703

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He’s going to look absolutely terrible. That’s what I’m saying. Even if he has the talent to develop into an above-average or better starter (which I believe he does), he’s almost certainly not going to be able to come close to anything even remotely resembling success with: an interim head coach, a first-time playcaller (who may in fact also be the interim head coach), no OL, no run game, one actual weapon (a rookie) in the passing game, at least some degree of scheme/system change, and 14 games of college experience. If he comes anywhere close to what Rosen did last season, in terms of production, it will be a minor miracle.

So we can probably just dispense with the time spent on evaluating other 1st and 2nd round draft picks at this point. We’ll be sitting at 1 or 2 and taking the BQBA. 

What's BQBA?

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

He’s going to look absolutely terrible. That’s what I’m saying. Even if he has the talent to develop into an above-average or better starter (which I believe he does), he’s almost certainly not going to be able to come close to anything even remotely resembling success with: an interim head coach, a first-time playcaller (who may in fact also be the interim head coach), no OL, no run game, one actual weapon (a rookie) in the passing game, at least some degree of scheme/system change, and 14 games of college experience. If he comes anywhere close to what Rosen did last season, in terms of production, it will be a minor miracle.

So we can probably just dispense with the time spent on evaluating other 1st and 2nd round draft picks at this point. We’ll be sitting at 1 or 2 and taking the BQBA. 

How is it the Haskins fault if he doesn't succeed with all the things you just mentioned? A rookie Peyton Manning wouldn't even succeed under these circumstances but we all know what Manning did become. You don't just move on from Manning because those around him can't develop him. You find the guys who can develop him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How is it the Haskins fault if he doesn't succeed with all the things you just mentioned? A rookie Peyton Manning wouldn't even succeed under these circumstances but we all know what Manning did become. You don't just move on from Manning because those around him can't develop him. You find the guys who can develop him. 

It’s not his fault. At least not necessarily. Maybe my posts weren’t clear about that. But I think they were. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What's BQBA?

Best QB Available. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

I think a normal organization would work that way, but Snyder is going to force Haskins down the next HCs throat. 

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s not his fault. At least not necessarily. Maybe my posts weren’t clear about that. But I think they were. 

Best QB Available. 

So your really gonna go the Cardinals way and draft another QB if possible? If so, what are you expecting in return for Haskins? 

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think a normal organization would work that way, but Snyder is going to force Haskins down the next HCs throat. 

The Cardinals situation is a once in a lifetime situation. Please anybody tell me another time a rookie QB has been replaced by another Rookie QB the following season because of a coaching change. 

Rosen got replaced by Murray because the new coach was a coach who had been recruiting Murray for 7 years. 

I don't see it as Snyder forcing Haskins down anyone throats. It's a investment decision. You haven't even seen what you can get out of your investment in Haskins yet before your ready to toss him out. 

Do you replace Sweat as well? 

Edited by Skins212689

11 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So your really gonna go the Cardinals way and draft another QB if possible? If so, what are you expecting in return for Haskins? 

My whole point is that I wouldn’t force Haskins onto the field before it’s fair to evaluate him. If you make him play now, when pretty much everyone agrees he isn’t ready — and when he’s surrounded by the flames of this dumpster fire on every side — you’re going to get a very predictable result. Which is terrible, incompetent play. 

Sorta like taking a second-year med student, plunking him down in the middle of an understaffed local clinic somewhere in Caracas, and asking him to perform various major cardiovascular procedures. And then determining, based on the outcome of the first couple months of surgeries,  whether he’s got what it takes to be a successful surgeon. 

It’s not real tough to figure out how it’s likely going to go if you plunk Haskins down in the middle of this mess and tell him “ready or not, time for you to go out there and be an NFL QB.” It’s almost certainly going to be very ugly. So my point is, if the plan is to give up on Haskins if it’s very ugly this season, why even bother with looking at Young or Jeudy or Delpit or Thomas? It’s a waste of time, because it’s going to be brutal, which means they’re going to take a(nother) QB. 

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

Best QB Available. 

Ok, I thought so. I sure hope we don’t take a QB before letting Haskins start at least 2 years so we can evaluate him.

11 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The Cardinals situation is a once in a lifetime situation. Please anybody tell me another time a rookie QB has been replaced by another Rookie QB the following season because of a coaching change. 

Rosen got replaced by Murray because the new coach was a coach who had been recruiting Murray for 7 years. 

I don't see it as Snyder forcing Haskins down anyone throats. It's a investment decision. You haven't even seen what you can get out of your investment in Haskins yet before your ready to toss him out. 

Do you replace Sweat as well? 

Troy Aikman and then, Jimmy used a first on Steve Walsh in the next supplemental draft.

It was one of the dumbest decisions Jimmy every made. That being said, it’s very unlikely to happen and I don’t see it happening bc Dan Snyder wants Haskins to start. Beyond the Redskins being 0-5 and getting blown out in every game but week 1, I think the last straw for Dan with Jay was starting Colt McCoy over Dwayne Haskins yesterday.

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

My whole point is that I wouldn’t force Haskins onto the field before it’s fair to evaluate him. If you make him play now, when pretty much everyone agrees he isn’t ready — and when he’s surrounded by the flames of this dumpster fire on every side — you’re going to get a very predictable result. Which is terrible, incompetent play. 

Sorta like taking a second-year med student, plunking him down in the middle of an understaffed local clinic somewhere in Caracas, and asking him to perform various major cardiovascular procedures. And then determining, based on the outcome of the first couple months of surgeries,  whether he’s got what it takes to be a successful surgeon. 

It’s not real tough to figure out how it’s likely going to go if you plunk Haskins down in the middle of this mess and tell him “ready or not, time for you to go out there and be an NFL QB.” It’s almost certainly going to be very ugly. So my point is, if the plan is to give up on Haskins if it’s very ugly this season, why even bother with looking at Young or Jeudy or Delpit or Thomas? It’s a waste of time, because it’s going to be brutal, which means they’re going to take a(nother) QB. 

Wait until There’s a better situation around Haskins? Well crap! I guess he’ll never play for the Redskins!

Their not taking another QB in the 2020 draft, Haskins in the guy. Whoever the next coach is will have to develop a game plan fit for Haskins. So in the 2020 draft I would look to trade down or take the BPA who is a weapon that helps Haskins. Jerry Jeudy being that guy. 

Edited by Skins212689

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Their not taking another QB in the 2020 draft, Haskins in the guy. Whoever the next coach is will have to develop a game plan fit for Haskins. 

Well, I’ll say they may not take another QB in rounds 1 or 3 of the 2020 draft  but in rounds 4-7 they would be wise to take a young back up and move on from the Case/Colt experiences!

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well, I’ll say they may not take another QB in rounds 1 or 3 of the 2020 draft  but in rounds 4-5 they would be wise to take a young back up and move on from the Case/Colt experiences!

That's fine because your gonna more than likely need a backup with McCoy and Keenum likely gone after this season. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Wait until There’s a better situation around Haskins? Well crap! I guess he’ll never play for the Redskins!

I wouldn't throw Haskins into the fire just yet. Where not just talking about the player's around him. Where talking about the staff as well. Now that Jay is gone, they can set a date in witch Haskins can take over while they develop a game plan fit for him. 

Edited by Skins212689