2020 Draft thread

lavar703

I have no idea why Saban would be interested in moving to the NFL. The man turns 68 in a couple weeks. He would be the oldest coach in the league. He’s already older than Gibbs was when he retired — the second time. 

His career is in its twilight. Why would he want to leave the best situation in his sport to take on some draining, depressing, multi-year NFL rebuilding process?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

I have no idea why Saban would be interested in moving to the NFL. The man turns 68 in a couple weeks. He would be the oldest coach in the league. He’s already older than Gibbs was when he retired — the second time. 

His career is in its twilight. Why would he want to leave the best situation in his sport to take on some draining, depressing, multi-year NFL rebuilding process?

It's not likely, but maybe he does it for the challenge. He could set things up like he has at Bama where he’d basically be the CEO of the team at least the football side of it like Shanahan and Gibbs were.

He’d hire an OC to run the O (hopefully keep O’Connell) and hire a Belicheck disciple or maybe bring his Bama defensive staff to run the defense.

He wouldn't even have to do that much tbh except he’d be the person who had final say over all football decisions.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:32 PM, turtle28 said:

Saban wouldn't be signing people, he be coaching people. Our GM - hopefully Kyle Smith - with Eric Schaefer would be signing the free agents and doing the contracts, Saban, Smith and Alex Santos would watch film and decide who to sign.

If Saban even considers this job (which he won’t) the first thing he’d do is clear the entire building. This guy has TOTAL control in Tuscaloosa, he wouldn’t need anyone’s holdovers. He’d want Redskin park to be loyal to him, not Snyder. Not even the porters would be safe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

If Saban even considers this job (which he won’t) the first thing he’d do is clear the entire building. This guy has TOTAL control in Tuscaloosa, he wouldn’t need anyone’s holdovers. He’d want Redskin park to be loyal to him, not Snyder. Not even the porters would be safe. 

Ma

Maybe, Joe & Shanahan didn't do that.

12 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Exactly. Hell even his boss reports to him at Alabama. No way does he come here. 

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly. Hell even his boss reports to him at Alabama. No way does he come here. 

I see your guys’ points, but did you ever think Marty and Shanahan would come here? Or that Gibbs would come back? I didn’t.

If Snyder gives him $10 million per year  and full control/final say of football operations, he May just do it.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I at you guys but did you ever think Marty and Shanahan would come here? Or that Gibbs would come back? I didn’t.

If Snyder gives him $10 million per year  and full control/final say of football operations, he May just do it.

Snyder promised Schottenheimer and Shanahan full control and wrestled it away.  He's a snake oil salesman, and Saban won't fall for it.  There is absolutely no reason to come here.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Snyder promised Schottenheimer and Shanahan full control and wrestled it away.  He's a snake oil salesman, and Saban won't fall for it.  There is absolutely no reason to come here.  

Agreed but $10 million - maybe more - a year for 5 years talks.

I like what Michigan State’s defense has become under their new Defensive Coordinator, Mike Tressel. He would be a good hire for a defensive coordinator if or next HC wants to look to the college ranks. They just ran an awesome stunt up front - something Manusky never does - and sacked the every mobile Fields.

So far today, prospects I believe we will be interested in;

Chase Young has another sack. He’s getting chipped more but he’s still getting around the edge with his explosive first step. Just unbelievably talented.

Andrew Thomas is stoning Tennessee’s DE. You can see his quickness and ability to stay in front of the rusher. Georgia does give him help occasionally but he doesn’t seem to need it. Has a bit of Scherff in him and continues blocking until the whistle is blown. Doesn’t appear to be as nasty though. 

CeeDee Lamb didn’t make much of an impact today. Im thinking defenses are just focusing on him and letting everyone else beat them. Still a top 10 prospect. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So far today, prospects I believe we will be interested in;

Chase Young has another sack. He’s getting chipped more but he’s still getting around the edge with his explosive first step. Just unbelievably talented.

Andrew Thomas is stoning Tennessee’s DE. You can see his quickness and ability to stay in front of the rusher. Georgia does give him help occasionally but he doesn’t seem to need it. Has a bit of Scherff in him and continues blocking until the whistle is blown. Doesn’t appear to be as nasty though. 

CeeDee Lamb didn’t make much of an impact today. Im thinking defenses are just focusing on him and letting everyone else beat them. Still a top 10 prospect. 

It's obvious as you've stated for months that if we are picking top 3, we should take Young. After that or on draft day, Wed have to trade Kerrigan too.

Edited by turtle28

On 10/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Skins212689 said:

Saban or Harbaugh? 

If you are frustrated with the lack of preparedness and mid-game adjustments that we see with Jay Gruden, then you obviously haven't been watching Harbaugh recently at Michigan.  They should've lost to Army, and got trounced by Wisconsin, with an extra week to prepare for them to boot.  I want nothing to do with him.  

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed but $10 million - maybe more - a year for 5 years talks.

And you don't think the Bama boosters are going to raise more even if that's the case?  

Saban doesn't need to be be tainted by Snyder.  He's not coming.  No top flight coordinator or anyone is coming.  We're getting a retread unless this whole thing is cleared out top to bottom.