2020 Draft thread

lavar703

3 hours ago, 4209 said:

Chase Young you say!!!!!!!! An excellent  pass rusher. He fills many needs an very important  one at that. That's why the G man and every one else will beat us, no pass rush. A  OL will do also. But who ever we draft really doesn't ' matter if we keep Gruden or Manusky.

The biggest disappointment of this season so far has been the limited push from our down 3 DL (Allen & Payne don't even have a sack). Kerrigan has been awful this year. He's regressed, his hustle isn't the same and he's been awful against the run, which is nothing new. Sweat hasn't been awful - he's been much better than Kerrigan against the run - but he's still developing as a pass rusher.

I can go either way on Chase Young vs Jeudy, but if Scary Terry continues to look great the rest of this year and the other WRs look serviceable at least, I think it's going to be hard to pass on Young in favor of Jeudy. After you draft Young, then you’d have to trade Kerrigan to a contender or cut Kerrigan as well.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So after watching Chase Young wreck Nebraska he has to be the pick if available. I’d love to have Jeudy but my lord Young is a monster. Imagine having him and Sweat rushing the passer with an actual good Coordinator calling the defense...sheesh. 

On the flip side, having Haskins throw to Jeudy & McLaurin all year will also be amazing. 

@turtle28  Yes it would be but I would address the LOS first. Any way It really doesn't matter with Gruden and Manusky. This combination is toxic. It breeds  to many penalties,  Can't stop opposition on 3rd down, To many 3rd and long, no committment  to the run, no pass rush the list goes on and on. All of this creates a looser. Give them the best players in the draft and they still will be a looser.  Coaching is paramount  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

@turtle28  Yes it would be but I would address the LOS first. Any way It really doesn't matter with Gruden and Manusky. This combination is toxic. It breeds  to many penalties,  Can't stop opposition on 3rd down, To many 3rd and long, no committment  to the run, no pass rush the list goes on and on. All of this creates a looser. Give them the best players in the draft and they still will be a looser.  Coaching is paramount  

I'm not opposed to that, but as @lavar703 has said, if Jeudy & Young continue to be the two best players in the 2020 draft by far, you shouldn't pass on them.

I agree LT is an issue but the BPA won't be a LT if we are picking in the top 3, and maybe not if we are picking in the top 4 if both Tua & Herbert go top 4 also. We can re-sign Penn to be a stop-gap again if Trent won't play and we trade him and then, in 2021 we can draft our future starting LT if it still looks like Christian won't develop into a starting OT next offseason.

If Scherff is gone bc he won't agree to the contract we are offering him, he can be replaced by Wes Martin, a cheaper FA or another guard we’d draft in the mid rounds.

Edited by turtle28

Best case scenario is that we get the 1st or 2nd pick and can possibly trade down to 3 or 4

either young or Jeudy would be there. In my mind Tua is the 1st taken

if we can some how manage to lose to the dolphins then we are set imo for the top pick in the draft. And that guarentees is a trade partner for Tua. Even if it the dolphins trading from #2 to get him. Gotta think multiple teams will be calling to trade up for him

if not the. The number 2 will be ours. Hopefully if the bengals and broncos finish 3 and 4 a trade up to #2 is possible to jump each other for Herbert that would leave Jeudy and chase young for for us to take either at 3 or 4

one thing that needs to happen is for the jets to win some games. If they pick in front of us then Jeudy is gone

worst case scenaio is we end up with pick 5 and possibly Jeudy or young make it there. If not you can take Thomas or trade down a few picks and try to land Delpit and another pick and take a LT

43 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Best case scenario is that we get the 1st or 2nd pick and can possibly trade down to 3 or 4

either young or Jeudy would be there. In my mind Tua is the 1st taken

if we can some how manage to lose to the dolphins then we are set imo for the top pick in the draft. And that guarentees is a trade partner for Tua. Even if it the dolphins trading from #2 to get him. Gotta think multiple teams will be calling to trade up for him

if not the. The number 2 will be ours. Hopefully if the bengals and broncos finish 3 and 4 a trade up to #2 is possible to jump each other for Herbert that would leave Jeudy and chase young for for us to take either at 3 or 4

one thing that needs to happen is for the jets to win some games. If they pick in front of us then Jeudy is gone

worst case scenaio is we end up with pick 5 and possibly Jeudy or young make it there. If not you can take Thomas or trade down a few picks and try to land Delpit and another pick and take a LT

I think the Jets will win some games in the second half of the year when Darnold returns. It wouldn't shock me to see them win 4 or 5 games out of their last 8 to 10 once he returns.