2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’m honestly amazed that people didn’t expect Haskins to struggle. The guy played one year of college ball. He had a coach who didn’t want him and relegated him to scout team so he could pine away for Colt McCoy. He’s on probably the worst team in football that’s missing it’s LT who refuses to play for them. His best receiver was his best receiver last year in college and the TE he has to throw to is named Sprinkle. I’m shocked, considering the circumstances, that he hasn’t looked like an all-pro....

If he sucks, he sucks but you have to let this kid start some games with a full-on game plan built around his play before you throw in the towel. We could be in a Rosen situation here but you can’t make that call after 22 pass attempts. It’s absurd.  

Exactly 

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m honestly amazed that people didn’t expect Haskins to struggle. The guy played one year of college ball. He had a coach who didn’t want him and relegated him to scout team so he could pine away for Colt McCoy. He’s on probably the worst team in football that’s missing it’s LT who refuses to play for them. His best receiver was his best receiver last year in college and the TE he has to throw to is named Sprinkle. I’m shocked, considering the circumstances, that he hasn’t looked like an all-pro....

If he sucks, he sucks but you have to let this kid start some games with a full-on game plan built around his play before you throw in the towel. We could be in a Rosen situation here but you can’t make that call after 22 pass attempts. It’s absurd.  

Correct. I don't expect much from rookies TBQH. We need to let him play now and stay in even if he throws 7 INTs

• Like 1

The new Redskins motto should be “Play like Dung for Young!” All that matters for the Redskins season is getting the #1 or 2 pick in the NFL draft and drafting Chase Young!

@lavar703 was right! Young dominates games from his DE/OLB position.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The new Redskins motto should be “Play like Dung for Young!” All that matters in the Redskins season anymore getting the #1 or 2 pick in the NFL draft and drafting Chase Young!

@lavar703 was right! Young dominates games from his DE/OLB position.

He’s a game wrecking monster. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s a game wrecking monster. 

Trade Kerrigan for a mid round pick, move Sweat to LDE/LOLB - depending if we stay in the 3-4 or go back to the 4-3 next year w/ a new coach - where he’ll be more effective going against RTs, and draft Chase Young to play RDE/ROLB for us next year!

Done and DONE!

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Trade Kerrigan for a mid round pick, move Sweat to LDE/LOLB - depending if we stay in the 3-4 or go back to the 4-3 next year w/ a new coach - where he’ll be more effective going against RTs, and draft Chase Young to play RDE/ROLB for us next year!

Done and DONE!

I think we’ll end up bringing Donald Penn back next year anyway so if we can get Chase it’s worth it. Start Haskins all year next year and if he sucks and we’re terrible get Lawrence in the first and LT in the second. Plan lol

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think we’ll end up bringing Donald Penn back next year anyway so if we can get Chase it’s worth it. Start Haskins all year next year and if he sucks and we’re terrible get Lawrence in the first and LT in the second. Plan lol

I agree 💯 

We've got to get Haskins another WR besides Scary Terry.

Let's say, we only have 1 1st Rd pick next year.

Let's say #3 overall

Do you take Chase at 3?

Have no 2nd rounder & don't pick till the 3rd?

Or do you trade down let's say to #10, while netting a 2nd rounder & other draft choices?

And draft WR Jeudy to pair with Terry. Then possibly take a very good  LT or TE with the 2nd Rd draft choice.

That's what we're looking at, if we don't trade Trent for draft picks & don't go QB in 2020 draft.

With trading Trent we could get Chase with our 1st.

And possibly Either Andrew Thomas, Jeudy, or Clee Dee Lamb  or however you say his name with the other 1st.

We have a chance to really get some blue Chip prospects on this team & Bruce is pissing that away with his arrogance 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Unbelievable that we have Ryan Kerrigan, and invested something like two 2nd rounders and 3 first rounders on our DLine and OLBs in the last 5 years, and we have NOTHING to really show for it.

Well that's not entirely true. Our Down 3 are great, last year they combined for 20.5 sacks and Allen/Payne are great run defenders!

Sweat is still developing - too soon to tell when him - many think he's be better at LDE/LOLB rather than at ROLB/RDE bc he is a bit stiff in the hips like Kerrigan.

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Let's say #3 overall

Do you take Chase at 3?

Or do you trade down let's say to #10, while netting a 2nd rounder & other draft choices?

And draft WR Jeudy to pair with Terry. Then possibly take a very good  LT or TE with the 2nd Rd draft choice.

That's what we're looking at, if we don't trade Trent for draft picks & don't go QB in 2020 draft.

And possibly Either Andrew Thomas, Jeudy, or Clee Dee Lamb  or however you say his name with the other 1st.

We have a chance to really get some blue Chip prospects on this team & Bruce is pissing that away with his arrogance 

Take the BPA with the #3 pick, whether that's Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy.

We can sign a FA WR & OT if we take Chase Young. Heck, if we trade Trent Williams & get a 1st, we may be able to draft Chase Young at #3 and take CeeDee Lamb, Lavishka Senaut (WR, Colorado), Justin Jefferson (WR, LSU), Tee Higgins (WR Clemson) or Jalen Reagor (WR, TCU) in the middle to late part of the first round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Take the BPA with the #3 pick, whether that's Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy.

We can sign a FA WR & OT if we take Chase Young. Heck, if we trade Trent Williams & get a 1st, we may be able to draft Chase Young at #3 and take CeeDee Lamb, Lavishka Senaut (WR, Colorado), Justin Jefferson (WR, LSU), Tee Higgins (WR Clemson) or Jalen Reagor (WR, TCU) in the middle to late part of the first round.

Cool

Yea, Paul Richardson sucks & we'll need a #2 WR across from Terry.

I think we also need to look for TE. I think Reed & Davis are done. ( Though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Davis)

I like Harmon. Like to see him get more involved with the Offense.

We need to do everything we can to make Haskins transition as smooth as possible. Give him the weapons he needs.

But we got to get Haskins playing full games. Get him experience. 

50 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Let's say #3 overall

Do you take Chase at 3?

With the likely odds they don't trade a player and pick up another 1st round pick. I have no problem passing on Young or Jeudy to get Jeff Okudah and CeeDee Lamb if the opportunity presented itself.