2020 Draft thread

lavar703

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Umm...

I don’t consider taking a player a spot earlier than when I’d take him a reach. A reach to me is taking a prospect who’s rated in the teens, in the top 5 like the Raiders did last year when they took Ferrell too high.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I don’t consider taking a player a spot earlier than when I’d take him a reach. A reach to me is taking a prospect who’s rated in the teens, in the top 5 like the Raiders did last year when they took Ferrell too high.

It depends on the talent gap between the two players.  For example, taking Greg Robinson over Khalil Mack was a reach, even though they were both top 5 prospects.

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It depends on the talent gap between the two players.  For example, taking Greg Robinson over Khalil Mack was a reach, even though they were both top 5 prospects.

Well yeah, but Robinson didn’t belong as a top 10 pick. Andrew Thomas does.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well yeah, but a Robinson didn’t belong as a top 10 pick. Andrew Thomas does.

Ah, hindsight.  Go look at his scouting reports before the 2014 draft.  Most of them have him as a top 10 pick or higher.

EDIT:  And that was in a historically great draft with plenty of future pro-bowlers.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ah, hindsight.  Go look at his scouting reports before the 2014 draft.  Most of them have him as a top 10 pick or higher.

EDIT:  And that was in a historically great draft with plenty of future pro-bowlers.

I don’t know what they saw tbh, yeah he’s athletic but he didn’t have to do enough kick sliding and setting in pass protection. The Auburn offense is not an offense that translates well to the NFL, especially in terms of their OL. I think Robinson should be a full time guard like we’ve done with Flowers, the LT experiment needs to end for him.

56 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Most remarkable part of this is that they’re up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter, and ESPN’s real-time win probability still has the Steelers as 56% favorites! 😂

Check that, 14-10 and the Steelers are driving on the first drive of the 2nd half.

I’m thinking if we finish at 3 then 1 and 2 will be Tua then Burrow. That will leave us our pick of Jeudy, young, Thomas. With hopefully taking young.

that being said it’s crazy how truly deep this QB class is. It has the potential to be best ever.

Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Fromm, Eason, Hurts, Costello, Montez, Mond, ehlinger, love, patterson

all these guys could potentially come out this year! Makes you think if one slips to round 4 should we bite on one to light a fire under Haskins 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m thinking if we finish at 3 then 1 and 2 will be Tua then Burrow. That will leave us our pick of Jeudy, young, Thomas. With hopefully taking young.

that being said it’s crazy how truly deep this QB class is. It has the potential to be best ever.

Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Fromm, Eason, Hurts, Costello, Montez, Mond, ehlinger, love, patterson

all these guys could potentially come out this year! Makes you think if one slips to round 4 should we bite on one to light a fire under Haskins 

If that's our pick of players, I'm (*right now) rushing to the podium with Young's name on the card.

Unless some team in the top 5 wants to give us their 1st this year and their 1st next year. Then maybe we talk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

With the Cincinnati QB change to Finley and if he does well they could go in another direction at the top of the draft. They can trade out or draft the Wrecking Machine/C Young. Time will tell how this plays out the rest of the season. 

If Cincy doesn’t take Burrow or Herbert, they’re taking Chase Young. They need edge pass rush help far more than us. 

Edited by turtle28