2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Now people are gonna judge Haskins off of a half of rookie season, no WR or TE throwing targets (except another rookie), and a offense leading with it's rushing attack. Yet people wonder why this franchise is a dysfunction. WINNING organization's don't make impulsive moves as such and success follows. 

Many won't say this but I think his complexion is a factor in how fast some are looking forward to replacing him or seeing him fail. The Skins more than likely aren't going into a Cardinals situation next year where the new HC is getting the opportunity at picking his top High School recruit to be his QB. Kingsbury actually wanted Murray in college and followed his career for some time before justing wanting him over Rosen. The Skins next HC more than likely want be in that same position. 

You ethier take the BPA or trade down and add some talent around Haskins before you call him a bust. What other talent is around Haskins besides McLaruin people? 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Now people are gonna judge Haskins off of a half of rookie season, no WR or TE throwing targets (except another rookie), and a offense leading with it's rushing attack. Yet people wonder why this franchise is a dysfunction. WINNING organization's don't make impulsive moves as such and success follows. 

Many won't say this but I think his complexion is a factor in how fast some are looking forward to replacing him or seeing him fail. The Skins more than likely aren't going into a Cardinals situation next year where the new HC is getting the opportunity at picking his top High School recruit to be his QB. Kingsbury actually wanted Murray in college and followed his career for some time before justing wanting him over Rosen. The Skins next HC more than likely want be in that same position. 

You ethier take the BPA or trade down and add some talent around Haskins before you call him a bust. What other talent is around Haskins besides McLaruin people? 

If Haskins starts the rest of the season you’ll have an idea of what kind of player he is and what he can become. If he looks bad, and I mean real bad, then you have to consider your options. Acting like skin color has anything to do with that is a cop out. It’s no different then not picking Chase Young because you have Ryan Kerrigan, which is another stupid idea I’ve seen floated around. If you think another player will improve this teams situation then you do it. 

Now, the only way I go QB is if Haskins just simply doesn’t improve throughout the course of these next 8-games. I’m all in on Chase Young. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If Haskins starts the rest of the season you’ll have an idea of what kind of player he is and what he can become. If he looks bad, and I mean real bad, then you have to consider your options. Acting like skin color has anything to do with that is a cop out. It’s no different then not picking Chase Young because you have Ryan Kerrigan, which is another stupid idea I’ve seen floated around. If you think another player will improve this teams situation then you do it. 

Now, the only way I go QB is if Haskins just simply doesn’t improve throughout the course of these next 8-games. I’m all in on Chase Young. 

Kerrigan is at the end of his career and Young is a replacement. Also at the QB position only 1 player plays, not the case at Young and Kerrigan's position. Both can be on the field at once. 

I stand by what I said, Thinking about a Replacement for Haskins in the 2020 1st round draft would be making a impulsive/stupid decision but would go along with the dysfunctional type moves this FRANCHISE makes. 

Once again who does Haskins have to help him through his rookie year, Coaching and Players? You guy's have been complaining since Callahan took over that they've relied on the run game too much. So please tell me how it's Haskins fault that he doesn't have the best circumstances presented to him. His best offensive weapons are a 34 year old RB and a Rookie WR. That's it. Even the 5-28 mediocre Cousin's got a better surrounding cast than that. Hell Alex Smith even got to play with Williams and Reed in the lineup. 

They need to let Haskins build off his last game and add more as the season continues to make him a better NFL QB. There is no need to rush him to WIN at this point. Fix those miss throws to McLaruin. The missed TD in last game and the INT in the Minnesota game. Haskins mechanics, pocket awareness, and field vision would be the focus the rest of the year if they were smart, NOT any of these 2020 potential 1st round draft QB's. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You know I agree on the second sentence. 

As to the first, I’ll take you even a step further. I wouldn’t go QB unless Haskins actually regresses from his first start.

That’s what Rosen did, and it’s the only way I’d consider throwing in the towel after a year. He actually started off okay — 4 of his first 5 starts had a QB rating of 77 or higher. Not good, but not appalling. But after that, instead of improving or at least staying the same, he actually got progressively worse. In the last 8 games, his best passer rating was 74.3 and his overall numbers were 6 TDs and 8 INTs (plus 7 fumbles) with a 64.3 rating. 

If Haskins gets even worse like that, I could see pulling the plug. That just provides no rational reason to believe he’s going to get (much) better with more time. But I expect he’ll make some strides and give us some reasons to keep watching. 

Edited by e16bball

15 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I like barrow a lot but I go BPA. We can always suck for Lawrence.m if that’s still where were at. I like Haskins a lot I completely ride with him because he’s already shown some progress from his first two opportunities to his first start. This isn’t a QB who has the luxury of just running like most rookies coming into the league in recent memory. We actually have a true pocket QB it’s going to take time but he has talent. I’m not giving up on that unless he suddenly transforms into a gun shy seeing ghost in the pocket over the rest of the season.

46 minutes ago, taylor made said:

The hype on Chase Young right now is out of control. He's a great prospect yes, but If he isn't the second coming of Khalil Mack then people are gonna be disappointed. He's on the Jadeveon Clowney - Myles Garrett tier of prospects.

So... a better prospect than Khalil Mack?

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Yep. But Khalil Mack turned out a better NFL player than Clowney and Myles Garrett. It's still early for Garrett so that might change but you could make that argument

Sure, but if we're talking about a Clowney/Garrett level prospect, that's pretty much as good as it gets for an EDGE player.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sure, but if we're talking about a Clowney/Garrett level prospect, that's pretty much as good as it gets for an EDGE player.

All I'm saying is that people are hyping Chase Young to be some can't miss generational talent. No prospect is ever that. If some team wants to give me their entire draft for him well I have to think long and hard about that. What would a Khalil Mack bring to this team right now.... this team needs more than one player.

I told all you guys that Haskins is modern replica of QB Doug Williams. 

Imo, there's no better comparison.

We need to keep Haskins & develop him. This team & fanbase is too fickle.

We have an opportunity to hire a coach that's willing to spend the time & resources in developing Haskins.

That should be our focus at the moment. Not Tua, Burrow or Chase freaking Young.

And if we are smart, J. Jeudy or Clee Dee Lamb should be our Target on a trade down to help out our Franchise QB.

Plus, we need to get a 2nd Rd pick back, too. 

Then use our 2nd or 3rd on Trent Williams replacement. (Or FA)

The ONLY way I draft Tua, Burrow or another QB, is if Haskins had an Alex Smith type injury

Or

And the only way I draft Chase Young is if the compensation wasn't good enough on the trade down or Kerrigan retired.

Otherwise, you go Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st

OT in the 2nd or 3Rd 

TE with big upside

FS with big upside

CB with big upside

OT & G in later rds with big upside for depth.

Boom, your done!

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

The hype on Chase Young right now is out of control. He's a great prospect yes, but If he isn't the second coming of Khalil Mack then people are gonna be disappointed. He's on the Jadeveon Clowney - Myles Garrett tier of prospects.

This Defense could still use a Clowney or Garret type talent. 

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

All I'm saying is that people are hyping Chase Young to be some can't miss generational talent. No prospect is ever that. If some team wants to give me their entire draft for him well I have to think long and hard about that. What would a Khalil Mack bring to this team right now.... this team needs more than one player.

I agree that we need more than one player.  And Chase Young is hardly going to be our savior.  Just look at the Bears this year with Mack, the Broncos this year with Von, the Browns this year with Garrett, or the Texans in the past without Watson, when Watt was playing at a GOAT level.

That's why I've never said if we get a good deal in a trade-down that we shouldn't do it.  But you also have to remember examples of teams who have received "hauls" for trading down like the Browns (Wentz trade) and the Rams (RGIII trade).  Neither of those teams really benefitted from those trades.  At the end of the day, you still have to pick good players if you want to turn your team around, and you're much more likely to pick a good player with a more premium pick.  So it depends on the trade offers we receive.  Would I turn down drafting Chase for a mid 2020 1st and mid 2021 1st?  No, I don't think I would.  But would I do it for an early 2020 1st, an early 2021 1st, and early 2020 2nd?  Probably.

But, back to my first paragraph, on the flip side of that, we have to weigh how much a premium EDGE player helps put your team over the top if you have decent QB play.  Mack made the Bears ferocious last year with decent QB play.  The Broncos won a SB, and Von won MVP, with Manning playing at a decent level.  The 49ers went from drafting 2nd overall last year to undefeated over halfway through the season this year, largely because of Bosa.  If Haskins can give us decent QB play, Chase Young may be worth turning down an early 2020 1st, 2021 1st and 2020 2nd.  He could put this team over the top.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I understand this thought process. I agree with it as well but I would be very hesitant on moving out of position to secure Lamb, Jeudy, or Thomas when making that type of trade. I need one of those guys as a fall back if I'm passing on Young. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I understand this thought process. I agree with it as well but I would be very hesitant on moving out of position to secure Lamb, Jeudy, or Thomas when making that type of trade. I need one of those guys as a fall back if I'm passing on Young. 

I agree and I don't think we should trade out of the top 5.

• Like 1