2020 Draft thread

lavar703

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I wouldn't throw Haskins into the fire just yet. Where not just talking about the player's around him. Where talking about the staff as well. Now that Jay is gone, they can set a date in witch Haskins can take over while they develop a game plan fit for him. 

The game plan for Haskins is simple! Turn on the Josh Jackson take from the last month of last year, the RG3 tape from 2012 w/o Haskins running like a running back, look at coach Day did at Ohio State did with Haskins the first month of last year, watch what Pitt is doing with Mason Rudolph and replicate that.

Call a shorter passing game instead of long developing plays. Call screens to the WRs, Peterson and CT. Call jet sweeps & fake jet sweeps to Sims, PRich & Quinn to get the D out of position. It’s not hard. 

Run play action and a quick hitter on 1st down to pick up 5 yards, come back and run the ball with Peterson in a spread look on 2nd down to fool the D and break tendencies that Jay had established.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The game plan for Haskins is simple! Turn on the Josh Jackson take from the last month of last year, the RG3 tape from 2012 w/o Haskins running like a running back, look at coach Day did at Ohio State did with Haskins the first month of last year, watch what Pitt is doing with Mason Rudolph and replicate that.

Call a shorter passing game instead of long developing plays. Call screens to the WRs, Peterson and CT. Call jet sweeps & fake jet sweeps to Sims, PRich & Quinn to get the D out of position. It’s not hard. 

Run play action and a quick hitter on 1st down to pick up 5 yards, come back and run the ball with Peterson in a spread look on 2nd down to fool the D and break tendencies that Jay had established.

You say it's easy but is that what Callahan and O'Connell gonna do? 

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

You say it's easy but is that what Callahan and O'Connell gonna do? 

Doesn't sound like it. Callahan wants to have a run-first offense in a league that doesn't do that anymore w/o a zone read QB and still won't play Haskins even though he'll just be handing the ball off to Peterson & CT 70% of the game.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, mar29020 said:

Is Tua really that good?

Really hard for me to tell.  I haven't watched a lot of him aside from the past two games against Georgia.  In the national title game, we were clearly unprepared for him.  In the SEC championship last year, we were absolutely ready for him, but Saban eventually pulled him for Hurts who promptly beat us.  I think he can be that good, but it obviously depends on the situation that he gets drafted into and the development system around him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well it’s Saturday, every Redskins fans Super Bowl as we get to watch the top 5 prospects play and wish one of them was on our team this year and can’t wait until they’re on our team next year.

While I'd love to have an elite talent, this team is not just one elite talent away from competing.  If we got a package that is 2/3's of what we gave up to the Rams for RGIII, I would absolutely make that deal this year.  Though chances are, Callahan may win enough games to knock us from the top five. 

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I'd love to have an elite talent, this team is not just one elite talent away from competing.  If we got a package that is 2/3's of what we gave up to the Rams for RGIII, I would absolutely make that deal this year.  Though chances are, Callahan may win enough games to knock us from the top five. 

And that package the Rams got produced nothing. Take the elite talent. This team has ZERO elite talent and that’s been a problem since Sean Taylor died with the exception of Trent Williams. I’m tired of trading down and filling the team with “football players”. Give me elite talent. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And that package the Rams got produced nothing. Take the elite talent. This team has ZERO elite talent and that’s been a problem since Sean Taylor died with the exception of Trent Williams. I’m tired of trading down and filling the team with “football players”. Give me elite talent. 

But it cost the Redskins everything.  There is no telling what another team would do with that pick.  In this league, you win with a good QB, and 52 other players performing together as a team.  You've got to have good depth, and young players.  Look at teams like the Patriots.  Yes, they draft well, but they are never at the top of the draft order.  They still develop players, but because they have the depth to be "next guy up" they don't spend a lot of money to retain their own guys, and it allows them to bring in top flight talent (like Stephon Gilmore) via free agency when the need arises.  

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But it cost the Redskins everything.  There is no telling what another team would do with that pick.  In this league, you win with a good QB, and 52 other players performing together as a team.  You've got to have good depth, and young players.  Look at teams like the Patriots.  Yes, they draft well, but they are never at the top of the draft order.  They still develop players, but because they have the depth to be "next guy up" they don't spend a lot of money to retain their own guys, and it allows them to bring in top flight talent (like Stephon Gilmore) via free agency when the need arises.  

I hate using the Pats as a reference for anything in the league. They selected the greatest QB ever in the 6th round. It’s a total anomaly. It will most likely never happen again.

So for me, I’m tired of filling the roster with Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s and constantly missing out on elite players. You can’t keep selecting good players and pass on elite players. We need some elite players on this team. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I hate using the Pats as a reference for anything in the league. They selected the greatest QB ever in the 6th round. It’s a total anomaly. It will most likely never happen again.

So for me, I’m tired of filling the roster with Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s and constantly missing out on elite players. You can’t keep selecting good players and pass on elite players. We need some elite players on this team. 

Then look at teams like the Ravens, Packers and Steelers, they've been in the same situation as the Patriots, consistently picking near the bottom of each round and still manage to compete year in and year out.