2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Young or a boatload of picks. I want Young but having the 2nd pick you can’t control what the Bengals will do. 

It's really not that hard of a decision tree:

If Young is there, take Young.

If Young is not there, trade with Miami or LA Chargers for a truckload.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Or. Trade the right to Young for a truckload. Which if theyre longbed truckload offers you take. But if only getting shortbed offers you keep Young.

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

If we can’t get Chase Young, I'd still rather keep the pick and have a prospect who has the ability to be a shutdown corner or a 2nd young WR who has the potential to be a 1,000-yard receiver as a rookie then more picks.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Or. Trade the right to Young for a truckload. Which if theyre longbed truckload offers you take. But if only getting shortbed offers you keep Young.

Trading a really great defensive prospect doesn't make any sense to me. We have zero big time game-changers on defense and Chase Young can be that guy.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Trading a really great defensive prospect doesn't make any sense to me. We have zero big time game-changers on defense and Chase Young can be that guy.

There are other "game-changers" to be had. The picks we could gather we could get a couple game-changers over the next couple years along with a couple others that could be productive starters.

We have needs and a big trade is a great way to fill them.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

There are other "game-changers" to be had. The picks we could gather we could get a couple game-changers over the next couple years along with a couple others that could be productive starters.

We have needs and a big trade is a great way to fill them.

You can think that if you want. I don't think there is another player in this draft that can have an impact on a game as much as Chase Young can as a pass rusher and playmaker in the front 7.

Other Needs can be filled in other ways. There's only one Chase Young. There hasn't been an edge pass rusher come out in the draft with as much potential as him since Myles Garrett and Chase Young is actually more athletic, he's more like Von Miller but bigger and stronger.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If we can’t get Chase Young, I'd still rather keep the pick and have a prospect who has the ability to be a shutdown corner or a 2nd young WR who has the potential to be a 1,000-yard receiver as a rookie then more picks.

Okudah makes some sense, but I am not sure it makes any sense to go for WR at #2 when the three rookies you have all look like decent cheap options that Haskins seemingly has some chemistry with.

That being said, you might still be able to get Jeudy at 5 along with getting the tackle situation dealt with at 18 and ILB at whatever Houston picks (could also deal those two to move back up take care of the tackle).

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okudah makes some sense, but I am not sure it makes any sense to go for WR at #2 when the three rookies you have all look like decent cheap options that Haskins seemingly has some chemistry with.

That being said, you might still be able to get Jeudy at 5 along with getting the tackle situation dealt with at 18 and ILB at whatever Houston picks (could also deal those two to move back up take care of the tackle).

Too much ”maybe’s might’s” it's not a situation that needs to be overthought. Getting too cute bc we might get an extra pick or two is how we keep missing on the BPA’s that we could draft with our natural picks.

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Too much ”maybe’s might’s” it's not a situation that needs to be overthought. Getting too cute bc we might get an extra pick or two is how we keep missing on the BPA’s that we could draft with our natural picks.

Given that they will not have their natural pick of 2.02, you might not want to discard the thought out of hand. Is Okudah in that legendary space that everyone has put Young? I don't know.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This man knows what he's talking about.

Simple question: who is this man and why should we care about his opinion?

If the question is Young or Trade Down, then yeah his point might be valid. If it is Someone-Other-Than-Young or Trade Down, does his analogy hold any more?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Simple question: who is this man and why should we care about his opinion?

If the question is Young or Trade Down, then yeah his point might be valid. If it is Someone-Other-Than-Young or Trade Down, does his analogy hold any more?

Honestly, I don't care that you don't care about his opinion. I agree with his opinion so I posted it.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Given that they will not have their natural pick of 2.02, you might not want to discard the thought out of hand. Is Okudah in that legendary space that everyone has put Young? I don't know.

Sorry, I dismiss it out of hand. The Redskins need to get the best player they can get. They need to quit passing on the best prospects available in the draft when their pick comes up. It's helped lead to an awful decade for the team.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

When has a CB ever been taken #2 overall?