2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Doc’s Deep Thinking:

if Burrows goes number 1 doesn’t that mean that since Haskins beat him out (and forced him to transfer)- that we really have both the number 1 and number 2 talents ( chase) in this draft? 

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Doc’s Deep Thinking:

if Burrows goes number 1 doesn’t that mean that since Haskins beat him out (and forced him to transfer)- that we really have both the number 1 and number 2 talents ( chase) in this draft? 

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

And since Terry played like a top 10 pick last year doesn’t that mean it’s like we have 3 top 10 picks?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294deaa38c8837396b59

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While I liked this tweet, wasn’t there plenty of draftniks saying Williams was the best player in the draft? Some had him clearly above Bosa. 

Yes, and it’s a classic case of those few mock draft talking heads saying a hot take just in hopes that they’re the first to say something crazy that isn’t true but may end up right. In the far fetched chance it ends up true, they can take credit for being one of the first to say it! But, when they’re wrong, there’s no repercussions.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

While I liked this tweet, wasn’t there plenty of draftniks saying Williams was the best player in the draft? Some had him clearly above Bosa. 

I'm sure there was, but I'm also pretty sure the Jets would have taken Bosa if given the chance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And since Terry played like a top 10 pick last year doesn’t that mean it’s like we have 3 top 10 picks?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294deaa38c8837396b59

Edited by Doc Draper
https://www-goldderby-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.goldderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Ray-Drinking.jpg

Seeing all the former Redskins players and coaches making impacts in the playoffs it’s pretty obvious how much of a disaster Bruce Allen was. I mean, this organization has sucked for quite some time but no time under Snyder was worse than when Bruce was running it. That’s impressive considering we had a former actor running the team for a long time lol. 

Him not being a part of this draft means so much more for this franchises future than we all know. We could be like the 49ers in a year or two if Haskins turns into what I think he can. I’m excited for the teams future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Seeing all the former Redskins players and coaches making impacts in the playoffs it’s pretty obvious how much of a disaster Bruce Allen was. I mean, this organization has sucked for quite some time but no time under Snyder was worse than when Bruce was running it. That’s impressive considering we had a former actor running the team for a long time lol. 

Him not being a part of this draft means so much more for this franchises future than we all know. We could be like the 49ers in a year or two if Haskins turns into what I think he can. I’m excited for the teams future. 

Definitely, I think I said something very similar to this in the TOTR thread. For one, when Shanahan was fired for his mishandling of RG3 from the time he hurt his knee through the 2013 season and being 24-41 in four years (including the Playoff loss) , that was a perfect time for Snyder to just clear the deck and fire Bruce too but Bruce convinced Snyder it was all Shanahan's fault and to give him a chance to run the football side of things and we all know things didn't get any better. Letting guys like Kirk, Breeland, Fuller & a 3rd round pick for Alex, PSmith and Crowder walk out the door made our team non-competitive last year.

I definitely agree with your last paragraph! Here's to the future!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1