Big Ben MEGA THREAD - ALL BIG BEN DISCUSSION HERE - BIG BEN OUT FOR SEASON

steelcurtain29

My guess is Ben will retire. Not immediately tho. He'll have the surgery and go through rehab and everything.  However, when he gets to the point where he has to start really training to get his "groove" back, that will be where the rubber meets the road. Does he really have that fire to get back to where he was?

And I'd just like to say that I am glad Colbert and Tomlin drafted Rudolph. I think we have a decent shot to be respectable this year, and they can concentrate more on fixing the damn D instead of having to try and draft a 1st round QB.  Rudolph is the near-term future (2-3 years). Whether or not he is the long-term answer is up to him.

Oh, and they'd better put Moncrief on IR or cut him today. 

2 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

My guess is Ben will retire. Not immediately tho. He'll have the surgery and go through rehab and everything.  However, when he gets to the point where he has to start really training to get his "groove" back, that will be where the rubber meets the road. Does he really have that fire to get back to where he was?

And I'd just like to say that I am glad Colbert and Tomlin drafted Rudolph. I think we have a decent shot to be respectable this year, and they can concentrate more on fixing the damn D instead of having to try and draft a 1st round QB.  Rudolph is the near-term future (2-3 years). Whether or not he is the long-term answer is up to him.

Honestly he hasn't had the fire for a couple seasons

1 minute ago, cjfollett said:

I agree that Ben most likely retires. Even if he comes back, he may be traded.

I don't think, though, that Rudolf negates a QB pick in the draft though. If he plays well, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt going forward. If he struggles or doesn't show flashes of franchise QB play, you likely have a chance at a top QB prospect, which would be tough to pass up. Either way it puts them in a good position though going forward. Either he plays well and you don't have to worry about the position going forward, or he doesn't play well and you draft in the top half of the draft most likely.

13 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

His ability to escape would be sacks as a youngster was unbelievable at times. It seemed like he'd pull a rabbit out of hat each and every week. 

I noticed another quiet, young QB do the same yesterday. One that was plugged into a game Week 2 of the season. One whom everyone was probably thinking "Well, the season is over" when he had to play; only to perform excellently in that first game.

Could history be repeating itself?

4 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Ha! Ben, retire. He's been retired for years. He'll make them cut him. That's who he is. 

His contract is interesting. $30m in guarantees if his career comes to an end via injury. It appears he would have no incentive to return.

Look at this organization. Instead of just letting Ben play out the year, when he just led the league in INTs in 2018, they give him a lifetime achievement deal.

They give him an extension. He plays one game. And if I'm reading this correctly, he'll get the entire $68m for that one game.