GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers

thebestever6

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I kinda had it pegged as a conditional 4th and shipping a 6th back with Sanders.

If they want to get a deal done now, though, instead of the trading deadline, you probably have to meet whatever price the seller is setting.  Closer to the deadline, then the price becomes more buyer-friendly.   Who knows if Elway's there yet in even making inquiries.  He *should* be, but who knows....

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

If they want to get a deal done now, though, instead of the trading deadline, you probably have to meet whatever price the seller is setting.  Closer to the deadline, then the price becomes more buyer-friendly.   Who knows if Elway's there yet in even making inquiries.  He *should* be, but who knows....

I'm sure he's fielding calls at least - getting a market idea. Will likely depend on the next two games for you guys.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sure he's fielding calls at least - getting a market idea. Will likely depend on the next two games for you guys.

We're dead men walking.  Most of us knew it even the day after our 2018 season ended.   The only Q is whether or not Elway is willing to admit it publicly, because once the trades start, the admission becomes public.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Sanders cares about getting his for sure. But he's been a noticeably better leader the past two years and brings a vocal presence. He really cares about winning. 

Not debating that, but he may not win or get his stats on this team.

What's the end game what gets him coming to work everyday at that point.

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He's a receiver.  It's in their DNA.   It's not like he's AB-level bad.  

This isn't the type of offense as is where an entity is bigger than the whole.

If winning doesn't happen, followed by stats declining.

What you are left with is two Former SMU wrs trying to be the alpha on an under producing offense. Just doesn't sound like an intriguing Avenue. 

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This isn't the type of offense as is where an entity is bigger than the whole.

If winning doesn't happen, followed by stats declining.

What you are left with is two Former SMU wrs trying to be the alpha on an under producing offense. Just doesn't sound like an intriguing Avenue. 

Agreed 1000%

Sanders is a bit of a diva, but he's not a dummy. He knows he's probably not here after this year. For him, getting his stats will be critical so he can land that last paycheck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Agreed 1000%

Sanders is a bit of a diva, but he's not a dummy. He knows he's probably not here after this year. For him, getting his stats will be critical so he can land that last paycheck.

Who goes first Sanders or CHJ? If you're in charged to know we're opened gor business?

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Who goes first Sanders or CHJ? If you're in charged

I would get rid of Sanders first. While Sanders is a good WR, he's still coming off an injury and I expect him to eventually fall off quickly. Even more, if they can't identify a QB solution, I wouldn't go spend on the veteran WR. CHJ is integral regardless, because you need talented CBs. I don't think either of them will be here beyond their contracts, and if Denver is smart, they both walk and we get the comp pick.

• Like 1