Week 2 G,B&U: Cowboys stadium at Fed Ex Field

naptownskinsfan

I wanted to do another Good, Bad and Ugly column, but my plans ended up changing last night and I did not get home until late.  Combine that with a work meeting early in the morning, and I did not have any additional time to watch the game before putting out a column that would probably be redundant, since I see we have discussed plenty on the forum today.  But, I do have something to discuss in a different format, which is Cowboys Stadium at Fed Ex Field.

I could be biased about this because my seats are at the top of the visitor tunnel, but from what I saw yesterday in the stands, on the concourse and in the parking lot, there were more Cowboys fans than Redskins fans at Fed Ex Field yesterday.  At minimum, if the Redskins fans had a slight advantage in numbers, they certainly were not as vocal as Cowboys fans.  @Thaiphoon may have to confirm from his view at the club level, but I have to believe my thoughts are correct.  

A few other things I observed I observed from Section 114.  Redskins fans starting leaving with eight minutes left in the game.  Cowboys fans were serenading them out.  Case Keenum couldn't hear the playcalls coming into his helmet at times.  I think we also had to call two timeouts because of crowd noise, and I saw Dakota Prescott trying to quiet the crowd a few times as well.  After a touchdown or big play, a few Cowboys players would run in front of our seats waving their hands to pump them up, and the fans went crazy.  And I know it was caught on TV, but plenty of cheering for the Cowboys, and all cheers just about drowned out any boos that Redskins fans bothered to put up.  

If there is any indication about how Dan Snyder has treated this fan base, it should be in how the stadium looked yesterday.  The other thing that I could not get in the lower level was a beer guy.  We were late to our seats wrapping up tailgating, and there was one vendor on his way up.  It took multiple people asking the ushers in the third quarter for a beer vendor to appear late in the third quarter before halftime.  I know a couple of the vendors, and they work multiple events.  While it probably isn't the best idea for the NFL to schedule a Ravens and Redskins game at the same time, as well as during a Nationals game, it is clear from talking to them and other fans I know what events they picked.  Hint- it wasn't the Redskins.  

In addition to that, ratings reports are already out from yesterday's games.  The Bengals had more local viewership for their blowout loss to the 49ers than Redskins fans watching our game..  In Phoenix, they drew more local viewers for the Cardinals game against the Ravens.  

That is completely unacceptable.  It seems that Redskins fans have already tuned out on the season, or maybe never tuned in to start.  In a million years, I would never believe that the Capitals and Nationals would unseat the Redskins for best tickets in town, yet here we are.  Not only that, we aren't even tuning into the game on TV either, and some of the bigger media markets tuned in for higher viewership for games that weren't even close to their market.

It seems many fans have finally tuned out of the Redskins.  As the years have gone by, more and more stories have appeared about people giving up their tickets because of ownership's treatment of the franchise.  Constant anonymous reports, infighting, and an inability to grow and sustain a winning culture have finally taken their toll on a fanbase that was used to being one of the proudest in the game.  All of this losing certainly has to start taking a toll on the profit lines at some point, and factor in the fact that Daniel Snyder is a laughingstock amongst his fans and many in the NFL should be cause for doing something different to try and win.  But my theory is that Bruce Allen is Redskins royalty, and Snyder, as a super fan, isn't going to get rid of him until Allen himself wants to leave.  

The definition of insanity, according to Albert Einstein, is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.  With 20 years of Snyder at the helm of the Redskins, you can certainly define his ownership as insanity.  The fans have voted, and they've finally checked out after a successful hostile takeover by the Dallas Cowboys at Fed Ex Field.  

#FireBruceAllen is all I've got left.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wanted to do another Good, Bad and Ugly column, but my plans ended up changing last night and I did not get home until late.  Combine that with a work meeting early in the morning, and I did not have any additional time to watch the game before putting out a column that would probably be redundant, since I see we have discussed plenty on the forum today.  But, I do have something to discuss in a different format, which is Cowboys Stadium at Fed Ex Field.

I could be biased about this because my seats are at the top of the visitor tunnel, but from what I saw yesterday in the stands, on the concourse and in the parking lot, there were more Cowboys fans than Redskins fans at Fed Ex Field yesterday.  At minimum, if the Redskins fans had a slight advantage in numbers, they certainly were not as vocal as Cowboys fans.  @Thaiphoon may have to confirm from his view at the club level, but I have to believe my thoughts are correct.  

A few other things I observed I observed from Section 114.  Redskins fans starting leaving with eight minutes left in the game.  Cowboys fans were serenading them out.  Case Keenum couldn't hear the playcalls coming into his helmet at times.  I think we also had to call two timeouts because of crowd noise, and I saw Dakota Prescott trying to quiet the crowd a few times as well.  After a touchdown or big play, a few Cowboys players would run in front of our seats waving their hands to pump them up, and the fans went crazy.  And I know it was caught on TV, but plenty of cheering for the Cowboys, and all cheers just about drowned out any boos that Redskins fans bothered to put up.  

If there is any indication about how Dan Snyder has treated this fan base, it should be in how the stadium looked yesterday.  The other thing that I could not get in the lower level was a beer guy.  We were late to our seats wrapping up tailgating, and there was one vendor on his way up.  It took multiple people asking the ushers in the third quarter for a beer vendor to appear late in the third quarter before halftime.  I know a couple of the vendors, and they work multiple events.  While it probably isn't the best idea for the NFL to schedule a Ravens and Redskins game at the same time, as well as during a Nationals game, it is clear from talking to them and other fans I know what events they picked.  Hint- it wasn't the Redskins.  

In addition to that, ratings reports are already out from yesterday's games.  The Bengals had more local viewership for their blowout loss to the 49ers than Redskins fans watching our game..  In Phoenix, they drew more local viewers for the Cardinals game against the Ravens.  

That is completely unacceptable.  It seems that Redskins fans have already tuned out on the season, or maybe never tuned in to start.  In a million years, I would never believe that the Capitals and Nationals would unseat the Redskins for best tickets in town, yet here we are.  Not only that, we aren't even tuning into the game on TV either, and some of the bigger media markets tuned in for higher viewership for games that weren't even close to their market.

It seems many fans have finally tuned out of the Redskins.  As the years have gone by, more and more stories have appeared about people giving up their tickets because of ownership's treatment of the franchise.  Constant anonymous reports, infighting, and an inability to grow and sustain a winning culture have finally taken their toll on a fanbase that was used to being one of the proudest in the game.  All of this losing certainly has to start taking a toll on the profit lines at some point, and factor in the fact that Daniel Snyder is a laughingstock amongst his fans and many in the NFL should be cause for doing something different to try and win.  But my theory is that Bruce Allen is Redskins royalty, and Snyder, as a super fan, isn't going to get rid of him until Allen himself wants to leave.  

The definition of insanity, according to Albert Einstein, is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.  With 20 years of Snyder at the helm of the Redskins, you can certainly define his ownership as insanity.  The fans have voted, and they've finally checked out after a successful hostile takeover by the Dallas Cowboys at Fed Ex Field.  

#FireBruceAllen is all I've got left.  

You are correct in your assessment. Where we tailgate is the same place we have done for the past two decades. And that used to be nothing but Redskins fans. On Sunday? It was mostly girls fans.

And I have a picture from Section 307 (club level, home side, on the left in corner of end zone as you're looking down at the field) [*]

And that picture is of the lower bowl. I saw nothing but white and blue after halftime. The only burgundy I saw were empty seats.

It's sad because this USED to be the hot ticket of the town. If you had Redskins tickets, people would clamor to get them. Now? People have other things to do. 

Even me, my tickets are in a different section usually. I actually sold the tickets to this game before the season started. And only bought club level because the guy I usually tailgate with wanted my best friend to come DJ the tailgate. So I bought 3 tickets.

I'll be buying club seats again for the Jints game because my wife wants to go and my daughter wants to go to her first NFL game. And with it being in December, I'd rather not hear an 8 year old girl whine about being cold. If she's cold, she and mommy can go inside and get warm and watch it on TV and leave daddy outside to drink and curse.

[*] My tickets are usually in the same end zone as you (in between the tunnels). I'm in row 17 behind the right upright.

P.S. - one of our tailgaters has been going to Redskins games since they played in Griffith stadium - hasn't missed a game. He's disgusted by the team but doesn't want to break his streak.

• Like 2

This fan base is so apathetic towards the team except the delusional crowd who think every year they’re going to the super bowl even when the roster looks like poop 💩 

The only thing that can save Snyder is a guy like Haskins, Scarry Terry, if/when Guice returns & if he looks good, and if when Allen, Dunny & Fabs return our D looks better the rest of the year and for the future.

Dan, Vinny & Brice have ruined this franchise. Only these young talent we have and we will get next year in the draft can turn the tide.

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

You are correct in your assessment. Where we tailgate is the same place we have done for the past two decades. And that used to be nothing but Redskins fans. On Sunday? It was mostly girls fans.

And I have a picture from Section 307 (club level, home side, on the left in corner of end zone as you're looking down at the field) [*]

And that picture is of the lower bowl. I saw nothing but white and blue after halftime. The only burgundy I saw were empty seats.

It's sad because this USED to be the hot ticket of the town. If you had Redskins tickets, people would clamor to get them. Now? People have other things to do. 

Even me, my tickets are in a different section usually. I actually sold the tickets to this game before the season started. And only bought club level because the guy I usually tailgate with wanted my best friend to come DJ the tailgate. So I bought 3 tickets.

I'll be buying club seats again for the Jints game because my wife wants to go and my daughter wants to go to her first NFL game. And with it being in December, I'd rather not hear an 8 year old girl whine about being cold. If she's cold, she and mommy can go inside and get warm and watch it on TV and leave daddy outside to drink and curse.

[*] My tickets are usually in the same end zone as you (in between the tunnels). I'm in row 17 behind the right upright.

P.S. - one of our tailgaters has been going to Redskins games since they played in Griffith stadium - hasn't missed a game. He's disgusted by the team but doesn't want to break his streak.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on that.  It was really, really bad in that case.  

Before my uncle passed away and I attended games with him, he actually had three groups of season tickets.  One group was his own set, which he sold to his "son in law" and his family.  The second and third set (where we sat) were purchased from other season-ticket holders he sat with at RFK.  All of these folks ended up sitting together with one person's tickets, while having their own sets all over the stadium and selling them to different people/groups.  

Now you don't have that anymore.  The tickets aren't worth a damn late in the year.  You pay for the pointless pre-season games and taxes.  It's not the investment it used to be, and that is solely on the owner of the team and how he's let things go. 

I've heard the people have other things to do, but more than that, watching at home they just have the game on as background noise and do other things.  It's a shame that we've fallen this far.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

In the least incendiary way possible, which is unusual for me, if you’re still going to games as a Redskins fan, you’re part of the problem.

Trust me I get it. But I spend next to no money in the stadium. We eat and drink our own food prior to the game have maybe a drink or two there. 

And the tickets I buy are already paid for, by others first, so I'm not adding much, if at all, to his coffers. I literally was not going to a game this season until my friend wanted the DJ for the girls game and my wife and daughter piped up that they wanted her to be able to go to her first NFL game (since my wife is a Jints fan).

It's just too much of a waste of time to go now unless there is something personal like that.

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on that.  It was really, really bad in that case.  

Before my uncle passed away and I attended games with him, he actually had three groups of season tickets.  One group was his own set, which he sold to his "son in law" and his family.  The second and third set (where we sat) were purchased from other season-ticket holders he sat with at RFK.  All of these folks ended up sitting together with one person's tickets, while having their own sets all over the stadium and selling them to different people/groups.  

Now you don't have that anymore.  The tickets aren't worth a damn late in the year.  You pay for the pointless pre-season games and taxes.  It's not the investment it used to be, and that is solely on the owner of the team and how he's let things go. 

I've heard the people have other things to do, but more than that, watching at home they just have the game on as background noise and do other things.  It's a shame that we've fallen this far.  

Even worse. My friend was kinda pissed off. His tickets are $100/seat. And you have to buy the entire season including the preseason, like you said.

But scalpers were selling lower bowl, near the field for $65. Why pay for season tickets? Just wait until game time and see the game for ridiculously cheap.

i've been thinking a lot lately about giving up on this team, im 29 and have been a fan for 16 years and seen one playoff win. Snyder is 52 and will probably live until his is 90. I was born in Baltimore and i can watch them on TV every week. I'm just tired of the clownshow..

13 hours ago, Troublez said:

That is crazy. I am traveling for 2 NFL games this year - both of which - I will be sitting in upper bowl. The cost per ticket was nuts. See below:

GB vs. KC - $475 per ticket

Chicago vs. Broncos - $330 per ticket

Supply and demand.  If a team is doing well, more people are buying tickets, and that drives the cost up on the secondary market.  Dallas week used to get that expensive around here if you account for inflation.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i've been thinking a lot lately about giving up on this team, im 29 and have been a fan for 16 years and seen one playoff win. Snyder is 52 and will probably live until his is 90. I was born in Baltimore and i can watch them on TV every week. I'm just tired of the clownshow..

If I give up on the Redskins, I just will watch football and not root for a specific team.  I could never see myself personally rooting for the Ravens, nor could I see myself rooting for the Nationals if I dropped the Orioles.  I would just watch the sport for enjoyment, which I'm clearly not getting now when watching the Redskins play. 

7 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Good news! Snyder is 54. 

• Like 1