General News and Notes

.Buzz

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I want him gone as much as the next guy, but let's not act like every GM in the league doesn't have plenty of bad picks (not that I'm put Chaisson in that category yet, wayyyy too early), especially round 1/2, every year.

He should be ousted by the Bortles pick (probably should've been gone with Gus, but especially when we cut Blake). No GM should get another chance after missing on a QB and setting the team back 3-5 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I want him gone as much as the next guy, but let's not act like every GM in the league doesn't have plenty of bad picks (not that I'm put Chaisson in that category yet, wayyyy too early), especially round 1/2, every year.

He should be ousted by the Bortles pick (probably should've been gone with Gus, but especially when we cut Blake). No GM should get another chance after missing on a QB and setting the team back 3-5 years. 

No GM ever has a truly spotless record at the draft table. But few, if any, have survived to have nearly as many 1st round misses as Caldwell. Including, as you said...a quarterback. Which nobody survives notching. Except Dave. It’s mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

No GM ever has a truly spotless record at the draft table. But few, if any, have survived to have nearly as many 1st round misses as Caldwell. Including, as you said...a quarterback. Which nobody survives notching. Except Dave. It’s mind boggling. 

Agreed.

As a whole though (if you throw out the QB miss, which you can't do), even with his woes in round 1, I think hes been average to maybe even just slightly above average as far as drafts go when you compare it around the league. But when you've been the main part of putting together a team (which includes the QB position, and the coaching hires, and not resigning those big hits you had) for 8 years and have the record he has you need to be canned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's time for a reset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Such a good find. Change of scenery and staying on the field has done him wonders.

He was just too talented at Washington. Was one of my favorites in that class and a top 15-20 pick if not for the injury pre-draft.

Philly is a bit of a dumpster fire when it comes to DBs. Not surprised he has started to show his potential.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, .Buzz said:

He was just too talented at Washington. Was one of my favorites in that class and a top 15-20 pick if not for the injury pre-draft.

Philly is a bit of a dumpster fire when it comes to DBs. Not surprised he has started to show his potential.

I think its cuz they dont let their corners play to their strengths.  Rasul Douglas looks good this year as he was a zone corner and they never really played it. 

Im not sure why jones didn't pan out for them other then health