Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Sanu for a second feels like a steal for the Falcons. Luckily we won’t have to see E in a Pats jersey 

See thats what Im saying with this trade value stuff. Gareon Conley goes for a 3rd, Fitzpatrick went for a 1st. Ramsey went for 2 firsts, Sanu went for a 2nd. There is no way if Sanu goes for a 2nd that Sanders is only bringing us a 4th. For that matter as well there is no way Harris is only bringing us a 2nd. Aligned to whats currently being thrown around on the market Sanders should net them a 3rd and Harris a 1st (maybe a 2nd because he wants to be paid a lot of money).

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

See thats what Im saying with this trade value stuff. Gareon Conley goes for a 3rd, Fitzpatrick went for a 1st. Ramsey went for 2 firsts, Sanu went for a 2nd. There is no way if Sanu goes for a 2nd that Sanders is only bringing us a 4th. For that matter as well there is no way Harris is only bringing us a 2nd. Aligned to whats currently being thrown around on the market Sanders should net them a 3rd and Harris a 1st (maybe a 2nd because he wants to be paid a lot of money).

Well I think the 2nd round pick is a clear overpay and Sanu is under contract for 1 more season, younger, not coming off a severe injury

Getting a 3rd for Sanders would be shocking IMO. Chris has more value, but obviously the contract situations really hurt us in negotiations. Elway is selling at the worst time but it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Well I think the 2nd round pick is a clear overpay and Sanu is under contract for 1 more season, younger, not coming off a severe injury

Getting a 3rd for Sanders would be shocking IMO. Chris has more value, but obviously the contract situations really hurt us in negotiations. Elway is selling at the worst time but it is what it is. 

meh i dont know...i just dont know. Sanu is also 30 years old and is a career WR2/WR3. Sanders while coming off a injury is completely healthy and is a legit WR1 when he actually has a QB to throw him the football. I also think because it will be the 49ers and given their partnership with Denver in the FOs that there wont be any low balling. But maybe thats just wishful thinking.

I think Sanu going for a 2nd just boosted Denvers odds of getting way better compensation for Sanders if they use that as a baseline

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

meh i dont know...i just dont know. Sanu is also 30 years old and is a career WR2/WR3. Sanders while coming off a injury is completely healthy and is a legit WR1 when he actually has a QB to throw him the football. I also think because it will be the 49ers and given their partnership with Denver in the FOs that there wont be any low balling. But maybe thats just wishful thinking.

I think Sanu going for a 2nd just boosted Denvers odds of getting way better compensation for Sanders if they use that as a baseline

If the Broncos get a 3rd for Sanders that would be a steal. IMO. Teams overvalue draft picks and always have. 

Pats are in a unique space. They are the best team in football and their success doesn't depend on their draft capital. They went out and overpaid to get their guy - I respect it. 

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is a wrinkle, that I don't think most ppl are aware...

The fact that the MOST Sanders can get DEN is a comp end-of-5th when he leaves - changes the calculus immensely.   You're talking waiting a year, and end of 5th.   In that case, a 3rd is fantastic result.  The market being so seller friendly, I think a 3rd is the most likely outcome.    Team will be well aware of the above too with Elway, it's just a question of how much teams are willing to overpay - but there's clearly nowhere near the same return with Sanders given the 10-year vet status.  Harris only has 9 years - so he's not subject to the same limits, which is why the end-of-3rd comp pick in 2021 is still most likely, and why a 2nd seems like the right price in this seller's market.  But Sanders' cap on his comp-pick return changes the calculus significantly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This is a wrinkle, that I don't think most ppl are aware...

The fact that the MOST Sanders can get DEN is a comp end-of-5th when he leaves - changes the calculus immensely.   You're talking waiting a year, and end of 5th.   In that case, a 3rd is fantastic result.  The market being so seller friendly, I think a 3rd is the most likely outcome.    Team will be well aware of the above too with Elway, it's just a question of how much teams are willing to overpay - but there's clearly nowhere near the same return with Sanders given the 10-year vet status.  Harris only has 9 years - so he's not subject to the same limits, which is why the end-of-3rd comp pick in 2021 is still most likely, and why a 2nd seems like the right price in this seller's market.  But Sanders' cap on his comp-pick return changes the calculus significantly.

Wonderful

25 minutes ago, champ11 said:

If the Broncos get a 3rd for Sanders that would be a steal. IMO. Teams overvalue draft picks and always have. 

Pats are in a unique space. They are the best team in football and their success doesn't depend on their draft capital. They went out and overpaid to get their guy - I respect it. 

I see a deal of Aghlor/ Sidney Jones and a 3rd for Sanders and a 6th and 7th. Pure speculation on my part.

Edited by thebestever6

...can't say I expected Sanu to draw a 2nd.

My read is it's still a likely 4th with a chance of being a 3rd. With Harris, the same but likely a 3rd with a chance of being a 2nd. And it kinda sounds like they're willing to keep Harris and play the comp game if it isn't a 2nd. The package deal sounds good but that's a lot of salary to trade for in-season and those things just rarely seem to play out with how conservative NFL teams are. 

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

...can't say I expected Sanu to draw a 2nd.

My read is it's still a likely 4th with a chance of being a 3rd. With Harris, the same but likely a 3rd with a chance of being a 2nd. And it kinda sounds like they're willing to keep Harris and play the comp game if it isn't a 2nd. The package deal sounds good but that's a lot of salary to trade for in-season and those things just rarely seem to play out with how conservative NFL teams are. 

Well, Sanu is now their 2020 QBOTF too.  :D

(Kidding...kind of.  He really is their 2nd best QB on the roster now).

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Gut says Harris is gone by this weekend to the Saints/ eagles.

Making an all out bidding war for the biggest fish still left in our pond.

This is all starting to sound weird. Either A) Elway is fake playing hardball until the last second trying to apparently get a 2nd rounder or better for CHJ but will most likely settle for whatever the best offer is last second or B) He really actually does believe he can work out a 3/4 year deal with CHJ at years end. Which Im not sure if he even would want to be here in a rebuild.

Its my hope that its option A and hes trying to pry the desperation out of needy teams like the Eagles/Saints

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is all starting to sound weird. Either A) Elway is fake playing hardball until the last second trying to apparently get a 2nd rounder or better for CHJ but will most likely settle for whatever the best offer is last second or B) He really actually does believe he can work out a 3/4 year deal with CHJ at years end. Which Im not sure if he even would want to be here in a rebuild.

Its my hope that its option A and hes trying to pry the desperation out of needy teams like the Eagles/Saints

If the reports are true that Philly offered a 1 and Aghlor for Peterson it's only a matter of days until a deal gets done.

Face the facts other than draft position Harris has been right in the same ball park as PP as a player. 4 all pros a ton of probowls. A trade now would give philly 8 games to work out an extension Harris is a dog and just wants to win he'll play on the moon if they were superbowl contenders.