Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

but there is a sense throughout the building that it could happen at any moment

We've all had that sense as a whole when he made his comments on Minkah, and Ramsey.  That's why Him and this organization are like a divorcing couple save face so you can get the best package.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Didn’t really know where to put this and have no idea how truthful this is.  But a new coworker of mine who casually follows sports told me today that one of her best friends dads works for the Broncos and said Von Miller is absolutely irate with how this organization has been managed and that he hasn’t demanded a trade, but there is a sense throughout the building that it could happen at any moment.

He probably heard Elway was thinking of designating Theo Riddick over Lock on IR-return too.

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense to trade Von until next year because of the dead money and unlikelihood of current suitors who can take on his salary but it really feels like it's time to move on from Von. I think the fire in him is pretty much gone and continuing to stick in a losing situation will make him essentially make him stop caring about football pretty soon.

The Broncos should trade CHJ to the Eagles for a 3rd and this guy Eagles OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai.  He is just 26 years old and sounds like he played pretty well at LT last year.  Heck, throw Bolles in there to give the Eagles depth.  

Edited by jsthomp2007

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

It doesn't make sense to trade Von until next year because of the dead money and unlikelihood of current suitors who can take on his salary but it really feels like it's time to move on from Von. I think the fire in him is pretty much gone and continuing to stick in a losing situation will make him essentially make him stop caring about football pretty soon.

Can you explain to me how dead money works like dead money for dummies? 

I read we would save 4 mill trading Von. The dead money will be there yes, but if we're going younger anyway why's it matter as much?

Would you rather have 2 firsts and a 4th if we could get it for von/chj ? 4 million saved.

Or pay an unmotivated Von when all of his SB 50 brothers leave town?

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The Broncos should trade CHJ to the Eagles for a 3rd and this guy Eagles OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai.  He is just 26 years old and sounds like he played pretty well at LT last year.  Heck, throw Bolles in there to give the Eagles depth.  

We'd probably have to send them a 3rd back to take Bolles.

(Now I'm being silly...but better than white-hot angry. I'm amazed @AnAngryAmerican has made it this long living like this).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Helllllllll no if we go eagles tackle Jordan Malaita over that scrub his tape since 2017 is awful. 

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No mannnnnnn we are a spoiled fanbase who is in better shape than anyone realizes. 

When we have a qb Jersey with 21 QBs since peyton left in 8 years at that point I'll be on your bandwagon. 

In pro sports leagues successful orgs come from competent leadership

Its why under Pat we were so successful.  He established the culture and Denver had a run of almost unparalleled success under him.

With his passing the hope is Elway could maintain that culture.  It’s becoming obvious as a GM he is not a culture setter.  I worry that until the ownership debacle is settled we will see similar dysfunction and a corresponding lack of success 

One thing I know from seeing the collapse of the Redskins franchise over several decades is it doesn't matter how much tradition or history you have. All that matters is having competent leadership at the top to maintain it. You can and will lose it if you don't and no leader should be so arrogant as to think culture is something inherent in things that have been successful.

By any realistic measure, the Broncos are on the wrong track right now. 

• Like 2

No mannnnnnn we are a spoiled fanbase who is in better shape than anyone realizes. 

When we have a qb Jersey with 21 QBs since peyton left in 8 years at that point I'll be on your bandwagon. 

We have the young talents of Lindsay, Risner, Simmons, Sutton and Freeman (Albeit he is nothing special). To me, its too early to tell w/ Fant. Then we have Chubb, who is injured.

That is the young talent. That really is all there is. No one else ever really flashes.

Tell me five teams that have a lower young talent base than we do right now. You remove the SB vet holdovers (Which is the right move) and we are probably one of the three least overall talented teams in the league. We are years and years away from competing, not just lacking a QB like we once did, but lacking talent top-to-bottom and sadly on the defense, our flagship for years.

We were spoiled by John Elway (The QB) and Peyton Manning. The interim years have been really quite bad and checkered with numerous telegraphed bust moves. Not grabbing mini-Shanny, signing Leary over Whitworth, trying to pay Brock insane money and being saved from ourselves, paying that putrid Raiders OT, never thinking outside the box, etc. etc. etc.

There is much more to be pessimistic about than excited about.

Edited by BroncosFan2010

13 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

In pro sports leagues successful orgs come from competent leadership

Its why under Pat we were so successful.  He established the culture and Denver had a run of almost unparalleled success under him.

With his passing the hope is Elway could maintain that culture.  It’s becoming obvious as a GM he is not a culture setter.  I worry that until the ownership debacle is settled we will see similar dysfunction and a corresponding lack of success 

This is one of the rare occasions not having an owner will help. Hottest take I know.  We have a naming rights sponsor now, are accumulating picks in the draft, and has a coaching staff that looks reasonable in developing talent. The direction looks 100xs better than VJ era so I'll give it time.

There are so many organizations who have it worse right now. Obviously things change and what we do until next story will either finish my narrative or make me look like an idiot and I'll eat crow at that time like I did on what we got for Sanders. 

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

This is one of the rare occasions not having an owner will help. Hottest take I know.  We have a naming rights sponsor now, are accumulating picks in the draft, and has a coaching staff that looks reasonable in developing talent.

There are so many organizations who have it worse right now. Obviously things change and what we do until next story will either finish my narrative or make me look like an idiot and I'll eat crow at that time like I did on what we got for Sanders. 

Yeah we had a great run, but I don’t think Elway and Ellis are the leaders who are gonna bring the team back to respectability. 

• Like 1