Vikings sign WR Laquon Treadwell

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is one of the players in the draft i was most absolutely wrong about.  I still don't fully understand what happened to him.  He sure did set a bad precedent for Ole Miss WRs though.  #IMPACT.

I honestly just wonder if the injuries never really healed right.  Or if he's like other former Ole Miss alum, Moncrief...where he just needs to be used...sparingly, and in a very particular role.

Treadwell was used sparingly and in a very particular role. From day one, he was always the 3rd or 4th stuck behind Diggs and Thielen. Treadwell just doesn’t get seperation like he did in college and he’s struggled catching the ball. It’s hard being a big possession receiver when you can’t catch. 

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Treadwell was used sparingly and in a very particular role. From day one, he was always the 3rd or 4th stuck behind Diggs and Thielen. Treadwell just doesn’t get seperation like he did in college and he’s struggled catching the ball. It’s hard being a big possession receiver when you can’t catch. 

Yeah, that's not great.  What happened to his hands though?  He had them in college.  Where'd they go?

On 9/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Leader said:

The guy's had a rocky start to his professional career....this is true.
However, in another way of looking at things.....the guy's made just under 9.3M in the last four years.
How many of you guys have made just under 9.3M in the last four years?

I've made under 9.3 million in the last four years. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think it’s been a focus and confidence thing. Zimmer has commented regarding Treadwell’s desire to even be a professional football player.

Just gonna go down in my history book as one of those weird cases where a player turned into a completely different and far worse player as a Pro.  I thought his college hands would translate.  I didn't worry about it there.  Just so hard to boil that down to "desire".  Catching balls is like...you're either good at it, or you're not...or you spend insane amounts of time trying to get good.  I thought he was pretty good.