Week 1 GDT - ATLANTA FALCONS @ CHICAGO BEARS

chisoxguy7

I've got mixed thoughts about the game and the season in general....

On one hand, I want the team to show the signs of improvement and talent that I think are there.....and I never want to see us lose....

On the other hand.... I also kind of feel like every snap Glennon takes is just slowing Biscuit's development down, and so I wonder if it's not best long term for us to lose badly and get Mitch in there ASAP and/or ensure that Fox/Loggains are the hell out of coaching spots in next season...

Then I start remembering that for all Loggains' flaws as an OC, he does seem to be handling Mitch pretty damn well.... and I'm also a bit nervous of the negative impact Mitch would see from trying to play this year effectively with no WRs, and then having to learn an entire new offensive system next season.

As for a prediction:

30-13 Falcons, but it's going to be a surprisingly close game, with Falcons only up by 7-10 points until garbage time, when we have to try and air the ball out and Glennon throws a pick setting up another Atlanta TD to put the game away

I know our defense and secondary are better than last season, but we still don't have anyone who can cover Julio Jones.

I think this gets ugly today and he has a 200+ yard performance.  We just don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with ATL.

37-17.

11 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

The Lovie days were so self-deprecating. After every win, fans would go to great length arguing why the Bears didn't deserve it.

On the eve of a new season, coming off of their worst season since 1973, I really hope everybody enjoys every win in 2017.

I'm looking forward to a new head coach. It's the little things...

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm just a little worried about who is out there to be our next HC...I really hope they don't go with a re-tred unless Sean Payton is canned.

Agreed. Lots of coordinators need a shot. Unfortunately it wasnt Gase but we have a chance at some other good ones. 

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm just a little worried about who is out there to be our next HC...I really hope they don't go with a re-tred unless Sean Payton is canned.

I'm not worried about them being retreads as long as it is promising. Carroll and Belichick  were, but Payton would be a very interesting option. Now would you trade any picks to acquire him?

Archived