Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

0JpaBZU.gif

Somebody explain to me how a veteran QB that isn't pouting is doing this nonsense?

You have the world's softest look running right that you are ever going to get. Why aren't you taking it? Why are you motioning to bring 2 other defenders into the area with your one blocker?

How predictable is our offense that the Broncos knew to move two defenders over to Lewis' side?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Somebody explain to me how a veteran QB that isn't pouting is doing this nonsense?

Could be that his HC is telling him to:  "run the ******* play that I called"
Could be that the Fangio's shifted really late to keep the QB from making changes
Otherwise, I've got no clues on that one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I don’t know about Rodgers, but the blocking sure sucked balls.

You caught Miller inside. The only one who "missed" a block was Tonyan on Jewell, and god damn I sure would hate to have to make reach blocks on LBs who seem to have a pretty damn good idea of what the play is. 

Even if you clip Jewell here, you've still got a Safety unblocked coming down hard. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You caught Miller inside. The only one who "missed" a block was Tonyan on Jewell, and god damn I sure would hate to have to make reach blocks on LBs who seem to have a pretty damn good idea of what the play is. 

Where the heck was Bulaga going then?  Both he and Tonyan didn’t even touch anyone.  Never mind the whiff by the pulling guard Summers.  Just a stupid play all around, regardless of if it was Rodgers who audibles it.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

0JpaBZU.gif

You have the world's softest look running right that you are ever going to get. Why aren't you taking it? Why are you motioning to bring 2 other defenders into the area with your one blocker?

How predictable is our offense that the Broncos knew to move two defenders over to Lewis' side?

Not knocking what you are saying but moving your best blocking TE over to the run side should be nothing new but the blocking is about as highschool as that ges. 2 of our Oline touch nothing but air. If guys get hat on hat maybe that is better. If AR did what his coach asked i guess he could have checked out of it.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even if you clip Jewell here, you've still got a Safety unblocked coming down hard. 

Who did Bulaga block? :)

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Where the heck was Bulaga going then?  Both he and Tonyan didn’t even touch anyone.  Never mind the whiff by the pulling guard Jenkins.  Just a stupid play all around, regardless of if it was Rodgers who audibles it.

Not having anybody to block because the offense overloaded the outside that our veteran QB decided to run into.

Tonyan got a piece of Jewell, but again, he had the play jumped.

Jenkins didn't pull. He just didn't get his guy reached. 

This was an absolutely brain dead decision by the field-general. 

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Where the heck was Bulaga going then?  Both he and Tonyan didn’t even touch anyone.  Never mind the whiff by the pulling guard Jenkins.  Just a stupid play all around, regardless of if it was Rodgers who audibles it.

Yeah Bulaga made every penny on that play he straight up blocked air. Tonyan tried to block his guy in the back a bit,  Lewis puts his left arm on VM. It's like the entire right side of the line ( minus Turner ) had red capes in their hands. Terrible blocking. Oh and Jenkins gets beat across his face although that is a tough block when the guy is already inside leverage.

AG how do you put this on AR? Just asking so I know?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who did Bulaga block? :)

I can't football for ****. But I'm guessing Bryan's thought is the guard is going to get his seal and the back is going to cut that up underneath him?

Edit: doubling down. That Iinebacker? He would have blocked can see the call and flows outside so he can't get anyone. If that goes where he expects the RB to go, that guy is in his path.

No blame in the back because it wasn't there but I think I understand what was going on

Edited by Norm

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not having anybody to block because the offense overloaded the outside that our veteran QB decided to run into.

Yeah, I meant Summers pulling.  Fixed my post before you responded.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I asked in my comment your thoughts on this. Does AR have the read on that though. I mean, I really do not know does AR even really get the ground game it's not like MM used one. I know he does but is he trying to do what his coach wants. Again motioning Lewis our best blocking TE into that side shouldn't be the worst thing to do.