Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are you motioning after seeing the first look? What possible divine sequence of events is going to give you a better running look than what you have there?

AlexGreen#20,  relax man relax.  Why go nuts over 1 play?  There are many that just don't work for whatever reason.  To blow a gasket over it and argue like it cost us the game is weird.  You know your football and I appreciate it.  However, I'm afraid you'll keel over if you keep it up.

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

My feel as well. If that wasn't clear yet. I ask a lot of stupid questions to try and not look stupid at the end lol

I got no problem with the questions. I'm confused by why anybody is talking about the damn blocking? Who cares? This should have been the easiest blocking in the world, and instead we decided to run into a freaking overloaded side. 

Just now, coachbuns said:

AlexGreen#20,  relax man relax.  Why go nuts over 1 play?  There are many that just don't work for whatever reason.  To blow a gasket over it and argue like it cost us the game is weird.  You know your football and I appreciate it.  However, I'm afraid you'll keel over if you keep it up.

Why are you assuming that I'm upset. 

I'm harping on this play because it isn't an example of Rodgers being a mediocre QB in terms of general execution. It's a problem with just being stupid. Which there is no excuse for. 

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

I think what you are trying to say is:

3-0

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

They were terrible efforts lol

Not even close?

That's a damn tough block in a vacuum and Jewell got a great jump on it. 

And again, it's irrelevant for two reasons:

1. Even if they have him blocked, you still have two unblocked DBs filling aggressively.

2. Why are we making our lineman make difficult blocks when we were handed a free first down?

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I mean, that's the goal. But unless he becomes Usain Bolt with the agility of Russell Westbrook

He lumbered, and hesitated to check on Lewis handling Malik Reed. Both Bulaga and Tonyan were either lazy or indecisive and were net negatives. Bulaga could have reached Jewell if he hunted for him from the start.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Going from right to left:

Allison is going to block the safety. That's very standard. The idea is that the CB should be going with him and taking himself out of the play.

It's an outside zone play. Lewis is trying to seal Miller inside. Miller goes inside. Perfect. He's out of the play or at least should be. 

Tonyan goes to block Jewell. Jewell has a great jump on this play and beats him there. No TE in the league is going to beat an ILB to that spot with the jump Jewell got on this. That's the problem with being predictable. The LBs get a great jump. 

Bulaga has no one to block. The backside ILB got picked up by Linsley. His options are to help one of Linsley or Turner. He had no primary blocker. In the zone schemes, sometimes you just step for the sake of keeping the line motion.

++++

None of this is relevant because. . . WHY ARE YOU NOT RUNNING ON THAT FIRST LOOK?

I don't think Miller was in the game- Miller is 58, Malik Reed is 59.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are you assuming that I'm upset. 

I'm harping on this play because it isn't an example of Rodgers being a mediocre QB in terms of general execution. It's a problem with just being stupid. Which there is no excuse for. 

Cuz you're ranting like it cost us the game.  Chill my friend, chill.  Rodgers isn't what he used to be ... probably will never be.  However, we have him as our Qb and unless you can get onto the Packer staff to help him out ... it is what it is.   

Starts out as 4 vs. 3 to the right of the center. The shift causes it to be 5 vs. 6. 

The shift was a bad call.

It's kind of a mute point though IMO as I/we have no idea if that's built into the play or if it's optional and Rodgers is calling for the shift or if Rodgers has the option to cancel the shift.

🤷

• Like 1

Just now, coachbuns said:

Cuz you're ranting like it cost us the game.  Chill my friend, chill.  Rodgers isn't what he used to be ... probably will never be.  However, we have him as our Qb and unless you can get onto the Packer staff to help him out ... it is what it is.   

I'm not ranting like it cost us the game. My posts when Rodgers costs us the game are 18 gifs long and I get yelled at for posting threads that slow down the site. 

This was just an inexplicable play that's seriously problematic.