GDT "Black and Blue Division" Edition: Vikings & Bears 9/29/19

beardown3231

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If Hicks can't play I don't think it'll hurt us that much in the pass rush if Pagano can draw up enough exotic blitzes to rattle Cousins who has not played well against the blitz this year.

Now the run defense on the other hand against Cook is another story. 

You're probably right about that.  The weakest spot on our team is the interior defensive line, so even with a #2 in place of Hicks, you can probably do some damage collapsing the pocket.  You may not even need the exotic blitzes to do it.  We are just weak there.  You're also right that Cook can be a handful.

• Like 1

I'm going with 16-13 Minnesota. Their defense is pretty good and the Bears are likely going to be without Hicks (or at least a healthy one) and Gabriel. Long's hip is an issue too. Pineiro is still hobbled.

I hope I'm wrong because a loss will be tough to overcome. 0-2 in the division and both losses being home games would leave them in a tough spot.

• Like 1

I think this game will be not so high scoring. Lots of good defense.

You guys have given us a lot of problems in the past, but there is no way around it. The Bears are just a tough team to beat. Quite a turnaround from even 2 years ago. I'm impressed!

For Chicago, I think getting an early lead and forcing Cousins to pass will be key. This takes pressure off Trubisky, eliminates Dalvin Cook and likely means turnovers a plenty.

For Minnesota, its about controlling the game with the run and putting pressure on the QB. The Bears like to get cute, and if Zimmer can't adjust, it'll be a long day for Vikings fans.

I see a good game on the horizon. Can't wait. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:17 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I've been waiting for an excuse to use this gif, so here goes:

It would be a great Christmas gift if Nagy would just rule him out for this week.

giphy.gif

There's a thousand reasons to share this. You can just do it randomly. 

Don't hold out on us again. Lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

There's a thousand reasons to share this. You can just do it randomly. 

Don't hold out on us again. Lol. 

Actually I just found it a few minutes before I posted it.  I knew I'd never be able to withhold something that great until Christmas!  :D

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

Vegas seems mostly undecided but slightly favors the Vikes by half a point after HF and I can't really argue with those odds.

I hope the OL shows up this week because they're gonna have their work cut out for them trying to give Mitch time in the pocket. Like Vegas, I'm not sure who to pick in this one. Flip a coin. But I do know that a win here will be HUGE! Get loud CHI-TOWN, get loud!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Vegas seems mostly undecided but slightly favors the Vikes by half a point after HF and I can't really argue with those odds.

I hope the OL shows up this week because they're gonna have their work cut out for them trying to give Mitch time in the pocket. Like Vegas, I'm not sure who to pick in this one. Flip a coin. But I do know that a win here will be HUGE! Get loud CHI-TOWN, get loud!

Was listenting to ESPN earlier tonight, they were saying PFF (I know, I know) has the Bears graded as the #8 line in the league this year vs. the Vikings at #24.

Edited by dafreak

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Was listenting to ESPN earlier tonight, they were saying PFF (I know, I know) has the Bears graded as the #8 line in the league this year vs. the Vikings at #24.

I've been on record saying that they have been better than most units in the league based on games I've watched. However, that's not really my concern. My concern is how much they have seemingly regressed from last year.

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I've been on record saying that they have been better than most units in the league based on games I've watched. However, that's not really my concern. My concern is how much they have seemingly regressed from last year.

So many interpretations when you consider the lack of offensive success....