Shaq Barrett - Is he human?

Dome

On 10/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

As far as DPOY-- Garrett may be off to a hot start but I'll leave this here as a simple reminder to not get too far ahead of yourselves. Per PFR.

Shaq Barrett Spotlight

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defender Shaquil Barrett continues his torrid pace to start the season, now at 9 sacks on the season and also adding an interception to his defensive ledger yesterday. By our Defensive Leaders formula of sacks+(1.4*interceptions), Barrett is having the strongest 4-game start to a season of any defender since 1982 when sacks were first recorded at the game level. Notably, none of these players went on to win the Defensive Player of the Year in that season.

Player Year Tm Sk Int
Shaquil Barrett 2019 TAM 9.0 1
Mark Gastineau 1984 NYJ 9.0 0
Kabeer Gbaja‑Biamila 2001 GNB 9.0 0
Kevin Greene 1998 CAR 9.0 0
William Gay 1983 DET 8.5 0
Bryan Cox 1992 MIA 7.0 1
Joey Porter 2002 PIT 4.0 3
Doug Betters 1983 MIA 8.0 0
Elvis Dumervil 2009 DEN 8.0 0
Antwan Odom 2009 CIN 8.0 0

Yep he is great but not a game changer as teams aren't going to scheme away fr himk like a Khalil mack.  Shaq will beat his 1v1s but I dont think he can wreck a gameplan.  It really doesn't matter though because bowles brings the heat damn near every play

• Like 2

This has a Brady Anderson feel...., JK I was really high on him coming out of CSU when he had Joey Porter coaching him up, plus he did really win limited action in Denver. Makes all the sense of the world, also lets take a second to realize how much of a godsend he is to their pass rush (which has been bone dry for a number of years)

Edited by MSURacerDT55