Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia (Ivalice wins!)

TheKillerNacho

40 minutes ago, SwAg said:

It just comes down to the Vote Counts.  We had two polarizing lynches.  You were a candidate on D1, and nothing really happened to prompt a shift away from you.  You just weren’t really a focus.  At the end of the phase on D2, the wagon was between your biggest detractor on D1, and Mafia.

Orca was voting for you on D1, then switched to vote the person who was voting alongside him with you.  That reads like a concerted effort to get away from you.

rack was off of you on D1, and on the outside looking in during regulation, so if you flip scum, I would bet a lot that rack is too.

Same with a handful of other people.  I don’t have the counts in front of me anymore, but I pointed it out in my long posts when I was on my laptop.

You made it through D1, and people who were off of you have garnered significant suspicion based upon their voting patterns throughout both days.  

And when I flip town, what will the connects be?  

@The Orca

I do not believe any of this was stated or inferred previously (or at least, I interpreted it very differently), but I take it you’re saying that your absence or sporadic activity is due to either recent loss or events that prompt a resurfacing or past suffering.

I know the game has a tendency to be heated, but I hope you believe that regardless of whatever persona I indulge for these games: I am sorry, and anything I say is genuinely not intended to cause harm.  I recognize that may seem far-fetched given the last phase, but it is true.

I read the interactions and circumstances through only the lens of the game because that is the default standard, but I’m certainly familiar with extraordinary circumstance.  As you referenced (I believe), I recently had a personal issue disrupt a game, and I lashed out about it, and I understand the sentiment.  But, when people are left to their own devices to explain the game, and are not privileged to extraneous information, it is what happens.  

You surely understand that, and people simply cannot leave it unexplored when uncertain.  I’m not targeting you out of malice, it’s because what the game circumstance dictated right now.

I hope you’re coping with whatever you have going on, and I’ll make a concerted effort to tread more lightly than I usually would because these games are supposed to be an escape from the world, and I do not want to add another source of frustration.

So, hope you understand.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, SwAg said:

@The Orca

I do not believe any of this was stated or inferred previously (or at least, I interpreted it very differently), but I take it you’re saying that your absence or sporadic activity is due to either recent loss or events that prompt a resurfacing or past suffering.

I know the game has a tendency to be heated, but I hope you believe that regardless of whatever persona I indulge for these games: I am sorry, and anything I say is genuinely not intended to cause harm.  I recognize that may seem far-fetched given the last phase, but it is true.

I read the interactions and circumstances through only the lens of the game because that is the default standard, but I’m certainly familiar with extraordinary circumstance.  As you referenced (I believe), I recently had a personal issue disrupt a game, and I lashed out about it, and I understand the sentiment.  But, when people are left to their own devices to explain the game, and are not privileged to extraneous information, it is what happens.  

You surely understand that, and people simply cannot leave it unexplored when uncertain.  I’m not targeting you out of malice, it’s because what the game circumstance dictated right now.

I hope you’re coping with whatever you have going on, and I’ll make a concerted effort to tread more lightly than I usually would because these games are supposed to be an escape from the world, and I do not want to add another source of frustration.

So, hope you understand.

I understand and completely believe you should play the game based on the knowledge available and dont fault you for pushing activity etc. You can never know what is going on IRL and for the most part I mostly believe people use excuses posted in thread to hide as scum. That's why I tend to leave out reasoning on my posting absences unless its a key time or I absolutely can not be available. Explore what you will, that should always be at the forefront of the game

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I have to go for a bit, but basically pushes rack/orca down from scum tells, and tk3 up from town tells.

Thanks.    The way I see it, I am a good lynch candidate from anyone that this point based on some various points.  Poor reads from D1 posts that have been pushed by a few and latched onto by others.  Voting patterns at the end of both days.  

D1 I voted to save myself. That was town vs town as the top 2.   I had a town lean on Malfatron, but could not be certain, and I don't think anyone would not vote to save themselves in that situation.  I do acknowledge that would be done regardless of alignment.  

D2   My biggest group of suspects stemmed from the D1 votes that were left out of the main fray (malf and myself).    I did not have a scum read on ET.  I was on KSJ or Touch as my biggest 2.  Neither of those were moving up, so I went to Tk3 ( who I had more of a scum read on vs ET).  I was wrong on ET, and it is yet to be seen about Tk3.  

I think the best process for today would be to put myself up against 1 or 2 others for the late day and see where votes move to/from.  I said on D1 that I am not afraid of dying and it has shown thus far that I have been a distraction for town despite me being Avalice aligned.  

Orca, KSJ and Mwil are my biggest scum reads.  I do think there are more scum remaining.  

I will be in and out for the rest of the day phase, but should be around for the last 30-60 minutes.  

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Orca, KSJ and Mwil are my biggest scum reads.  I do think there are more scum remaining.  

I have to ask - if Orca is one of your biggest scum reads, why are you voting KSJ and essentially throwing away your vote at the current point in time? I'm not saying that a push for KSJ couldn't happen, but this seems weird, particularly when you say that you will be in and out until close to the vote? You should be around for the last hour, but should doesn't equal will. Wouldn't it make more sense to have your vote be in a place where it matters when you make it, just in case you aren't here? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to ask - if Orca is one of your biggest scum reads, why are you voting KSJ and essentially throwing away your vote at the current point in time? I'm not saying that a push for KSJ couldn't happen, but this seems weird, particularly when you say that you will be in and out until close to the vote? You should be around for the last hour, but should doesn't equal will. Wouldn't it make more sense to have your vote be in a place where it matters when you make it, just in case you aren't here? 

Fair question.  KSJ has been a top scum read for most of the game thus far.  Orca really only rose to the current top group in the last day+.  

You question this vote.  IF I had voted for Orca, others would question it as voting for the other highest as scum might do.  You should get that people will see what they want to see regardless of the intent.

@SwAg

Having said the above and having taken a minute to compose myself, I fully believe you are not reading what I am saying and need a more concise context. My absence last night was strategic, 100%. It involved my move and I needed a very large understanding of the player base and interactions/votes to decide who to use it on. If you feel that is scummy then I have a problem with that from you 

1. You haven't asked me for a detailed reason why, but have pushed it as the biggest basis of your reasoning behind me being scum

2. You say I was abstaining from being at the forefront of the lynch all game, that is incorrect. D1 I was pushing Squire a lot, even though I was tunneled in on him. He used a post before the game a 2nd time in scum hunting. That is a big red flag for me. Its lazy and shows a lack of wanting to look deeper into people's posts early in the game...just wanting to survive while appearing to be active. So I stayed on Squire

3. You ignore that you were early on the Malf train, but then say you were just following and refused to take the blame. That's just lazy as well imo. You abstained from taking any blame and pushed the blame to others on the line

4. Yesterday I moved on from Squire to TK3 because of his repeated posting that Pickle was town on D1. He has never done that ever. Something is up there. After that I didn't want any exceeded heat, so as night was approaching I left my vote on Tk3 and observed the thread. My move is a tricky one and hard to predict so I wanted to see and digest, rather than push for a specific lynch. I was happy with a Tk3 lynch, so my focus was better used on my move. I get it that its not a good look, but I felt it was in the best interest of town

If you want to lynch me for ghosting at least do a complete job and acknowledge your own double standard in the definition and use in scum hunting

VC

The Orca - 6 - SwAg, Matts4313, kingseanjohn, Ifirit, Nazgul, rackcs

squire12 - 3 - Tk3, MWil23, Llamalover

kingseanjohn - 1 - squire12

No Lynch - 1 - The Orca

Yet to vote: Forge, bcb1213

Reminder: I'm going to be busy leading up to the deadline. I will come back to process the lynch, and not return immediately so it will be a long night. Please send me moves assuming the night will be normal length, I'll process it when I can. Sorry for any inconvenience. Pickle Rick has volunteered to keep the official VC leading up to the deadline.

VC

The Orca - 7 - SwAg, Matts4313, kingseanjohn, Ifirit, Nazgul, rackcs, bcb1213

squire12 - 3 - Tk3, MWil23, Llamalover

kingseanjohn - 1 - squire12

No Lynch - 1 - The Orca

Yet to vote: Forge

Reminder: I'm going to be busy leading up to the deadline. I will come back to process the lynch, and not return immediately so it will be a long night. Please send me moves assuming the night will be normal length, I'll process it when I can. Sorry for any inconvenience. Pickle Rick has volunteered to keep the official VC leading up to the deadline.