NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

I'll be straight forward right now. The East is coming down to the same two teams it did last year. Different result this time, obviously.

The rest of the East just isn't good enough away from home. The Celtics are the best non-Bucks or Raptors team on the road in the East and they are 14-10. Every other East team is either below .500 on the road or, in the Pacers case, right at .500. If you can't win on the road, you ain't winning **** in the playoffs.

@kyle21121 Let's do this again!

EDIT - Just to add on to this...the only current playoff West team that isn't above .500 on the road is the Grizzlies.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'll be straight forward right now. The East is coming down to the same two teams it did last year. Different result this time, obviously.

The rest of the East just isn't good enough away from home. The Celtics are the best non-Bucks or Raptors team on the road in the East and they are 14-10. Every other East team is either below .500 on the road or, in the Pacers case, right at .500. If you can't win on the road, you ain't winning **** in the playoffs.

EDIT - Just to add on to this...the only current playoff West team that isn't above .500 on the road is the Grizzlies.

Bucks are going to steamroll the first 2 rounds and the Raps will take them to 6 at most

Finals will be close no matter which of the big boys come out of the West, but I think Milwaukee takes it all regardless

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Bucks are going to steamroll the first 2 rounds and the Raps will take them to 6 at most

Finals will be close no matter which of the big boys come out of the West, but I think Milwaukee takes it all regardless

I worry about the Heat. Spoelstra always has his boys ready for us. Always a pain in the rear end type game. We should win, as expected, but it'll be more work than last year vs the Celtics.

I have respect for the Raptors and the way Nick Nurse has them playing so I won't put a cap on that series, especially with how prone we can be to giving up a high percentage from deep. Nothing is given.

Though, I'll say this, if we somehow manage to win the NBA Championship, I'll probably be in the hospital due to alcohol poisoning. We're 44-7 and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we realistically could win it all.

I'm still hesitant vs the Clippers though. If they don't come out of the West? Yeah, I'll be confident. I learned a lot last year tho lol. Let's get it.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I think a trilogy would be ideal. Now I’m trying to be cautiously optimistic about things but I do love this team people can throw out well you are 9-12 against teams above .500 or whatever but a lot of those games multiple key players were out and at the start I was using that as an excuse but I sure as hell won’t be moving forward. This 13 game win streak oh like 9 of those teams weren’t very good. So? Good teams go 9-4 in this stretch great teams that are missing multiple people including Lowry in the second half and Pascal playing after getting poked in the eye shot 5/6 beforehand and stayed in the game almost becoming a hindrance shooting 1/14 afterwards go 13-0. 

All along all offseason I kept saying this is the second best raptors team ever and was mocked by Philly and Celtics fans about how superior their teams were and watching members of the media even former Raptors coach Sam Mitchell who is employed by TSN (Canada’s equivalent to ESPN) go on other networks and predict Toronto finish as the 8th seed and even as of this week see people all over argue who is the biggest threat to upend the Bucs? Philly, Boston or Miami? 

This team is awesome and has only been fully healthy for a handful of games. Guys just step up Terence Davis whom @champ11 felt very little about when his team was in position to sign him has been unbelievable and even the reason why we’ve won 2 of the past 3 games with Powell out. This team has been better than I’ve even expected and it’s hard to contain right now because I absolutely love watching this team. Last season wasn’t as fun day-to-day as I’d have liked we were counted out as usual but still went 17-5 when Kawhi sat. 

Kawhi never really truly messed with this team and I thought maybe it was a product of his style of play being completely different from the direction we were going in and his refusal to adept because we were just winning regardless but he certainly looks better on this Clippers team more insync. I think it was finally in that Milwaukee series maybe game 3 or 4 where it looked as though he finally clicked and then that carried over to the finals and got us the win. 

Philly is a team I was hesitant on but finally settled on the well if they play a perfect game and everything goes well they can make the finals but probably not win. They lack what Jimmy Butler brought and are just so weird all together the odds of them clicking are just above zero. Miami I sorta whiffed on as well I thought they be a much better team but maybe 5th seed at best I didn’t think they were for real. Boston I still feel I’m right on or close to it. I felt they would be as good or better than last year despite losing on paper two key pieces in which they were the underperforming mess that everyone kept saying well yea but if they ever mesh watch out that Philly is this year. Indy is a team I like and it depends on how Dipo progresses to know how real they are. 

Bucks are great I do feel different about them this season than I did last year because of multiple factors but they are meaningless the big point was like well they were a great regular season team last year let’s see what they are this year and see if they can even repeat that regular but wow I mean it’s definitely a lazy mans argument to be like pffft Bucks are a regular season team they don’t scare me type of argument. Not just what they are doing is so much more spectacular than last season but it’s how they are doing it. Giannis playing so little and the rest of the team really stepping up. Honestly the x factor I still believe is Middleton. He has always looked occasionally like a legit #2 option on a championship type team but often few and far between if he doesn’t show up they can maybe still win the east but that would be the ceiling if he plays like he has for what appears to be a good chunk of the season then wow who knows after that. 

@Spartica4Real don’t try and cap my team if you recall I don’t think anyone (or hardly anyone) had the Bucks losing that series last season and no body and I mean no body had Toronto beating GS. Yes obviously there is a clear difference and I know that it’s not the likeliest of secnarios but they been proving people wrong on a regular basis for the past two years. The east is still in play the finals is where it gets really dicey. 

The Clippers are the team that I’m 99% sure is coming out of the West. That is a team that has a ceiling of winning the championship and if I had to bet my life on that I still will. They are super talented and have two of the best players in the league. Kawhi really seems to fit that team well but we don’t know about him with PG sure they can definitely win any game the two of them are out there it’s just they’ll have to go through a gauntlet out west and we don’t know if they can plug and play and still win based off this small sample size problems could arise the floor is probably a tough out in the WCF but it would be a spectacular collapse if that were to happen. Houston is done but if by chance the Lakers or even Nuggets make it then it gets interesting no matter who they play. 

Anyways this raptors team is awesome. I can’t wait to see them all back healthy at some point. Right now I definitely don’t think it’s absurd to think they can make it back to the ECF at least but again who knows Miami and Boston will also be very tough opponents. Did Miami get better? Or perhaps are they worse? Is Iggy ready? Is he the same? Who knows. Boston? A big who knows with them right now. Both teams definitely could make the ECF of things break right and Philly can they actually do this? Flip some kind of switch? There is no indication of that happening but on paper that team still looks pretty great. 

@kyle21121 if Terrence Davis was in Denver it would have been unlikely this breakout happens for him. I'd obviously love him on a full deal at this point but Malik Beasley wasn't getting consistent minutes this year in Denver. Davis wouldn't have been. Cool for him that he went to the perfect place for development. Toronto clearly has something special with that. 

8 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I think a trilogy would be ideal. Now I’m trying to be cautiously optimistic about things but I do love this team people can throw out well you are 9-12 against teams above .500 or whatever but a lot of those games multiple key players were out and at the start I was using that as an excuse but I sure as hell won’t be moving forward. This 13 game win streak oh like 9 of those teams weren’t very good. So? Good teams go 9-4 in this stretch great teams that are missing multiple people including Lowry in the second half and Pascal playing after getting poked in the eye shot 5/6 beforehand and stayed in the game almost becoming a hindrance shooting 1/14 afterwards go 13-0. 

All along all offseason I kept saying this is the second best raptors team ever and was mocked by Philly and Celtics fans about how superior their teams were and watching members of the media even former Raptors coach Sam Mitchell who is employed by TSN (Canada’s equivalent to ESPN) go on other networks and predict Toronto finish as the 8th seed and even as of this week see people all over argue who is the biggest threat to upend the Bucs? Philly, Boston or Miami? 

This team is awesome and has only been fully healthy for a handful of games. Guys just step up Terence Davis whom @champ11 felt very little about when his team was in position to sign him has been unbelievable and even the reason why we’ve won 2 of the past 3 games with Powell out. This team has been better than I’ve even expected and it’s hard to contain right now because I absolutely love watching this team. Last season wasn’t as fun day-to-day as I’d have liked we were counted out as usual but still went 17-5 when Kawhi sat. 

Kawhi never really truly messed with this team and I thought maybe it was a product of his style of play being completely different from the direction we were going in and his refusal to adept because we were just winning regardless but he certainly looks better on this Clippers team more insync. I think it was finally in that Milwaukee series maybe game 3 or 4 where it looked as though he finally clicked and then that carried over to the finals and got us the win. 

Philly is a team I was hesitant on but finally settled on the well if they play a perfect game and everything goes well they can make the finals but probably not win. They lack what Jimmy Butler brought and are just so weird all together the odds of them clicking are just above zero. Miami I sorta whiffed on as well I thought they be a much better team but maybe 5th seed at best I didn’t think they were for real. Boston I still feel I’m right on or close to it. I felt they would be as good or better than last year despite losing on paper two key pieces in which they were the underperforming mess that everyone kept saying well yea but if they ever mesh watch out that Philly is this year. Indy is a team I like and it depends on how Dipo progresses to know how real they are. 

Bucks are great I do feel different about them this season than I did last year because of multiple factors but they are meaningless the big point was like well they were a great regular season team last year let’s see what they are this year and see if they can even repeat that regular but wow I mean it’s definitely a lazy mans argument to be like pffft Bucks are a regular season team they don’t scare me type of argument. Not just what they are doing is so much more spectacular than last season but it’s how they are doing it. Giannis playing so little and the rest of the team really stepping up. Honestly the x factor I still believe is Middleton. He has always looked occasionally like a legit #2 option on a championship type team but often few and far between if he doesn’t show up they can maybe still win the east but that would be the ceiling if he plays like he has for what appears to be a good chunk of the season then wow who knows after that. 

@Spartica4Real don’t try and cap my team if you recall I don’t think anyone (or hardly anyone) had the Bucks losing that series last season and no body and I mean no body had Toronto beating GS. Yes obviously there is a clear difference and I know that it’s not the likeliest of secnarios but they been proving people wrong on a regular basis for the past two years. The east is still in play the finals is where it gets really dicey. 

The Clippers are the team that I’m 99% sure is coming out of the West. That is a team that has a ceiling of winning the championship and if I had to bet my life on that I still will. They are super talented and have two of the best players in the league. Kawhi really seems to fit that team well but we don’t know about him with PG sure they can definitely win any game the two of them are out there it’s just they’ll have to go through a gauntlet out west and we don’t know if they can plug and play and still win based off this small sample size problems could arise the floor is probably a tough out in the WCF but it would be a spectacular collapse if that were to happen. Houston is done but if by chance the Lakers or even Nuggets make it then it gets interesting no matter who they play. 

Anyways this raptors team is awesome. I can’t wait to see them all back healthy at some point. Right now I definitely don’t think it’s absurd to think they can make it back to the ECF at least but again who knows Miami and Boston will also be very tough opponents. Did Miami get better? Or perhaps are they worse? Is Iggy ready? Is he the same? Who knows. Boston? A big who knows with them right now. Both teams definitely could make the ECF of things break right and Philly can they actually do this? Flip some kind of switch? There is no indication of that happening but on paper that team still looks pretty great. 

Pretty sure I had Toronto beating GSW if KD didn't return (which he basically didn't). Think I had GSW in 6 if he had returned by game 4, which he also didn't. I definitely didn't have them beating the Bucks though, no argument there.

It's not about disrespecting the Raptors, I think you're by far the 2nd best team in the East. It's just how good I think the Bucks are. Last year the series was close and could've been swung by the slimmest of margins, and the Bucks got even better. Raps have about the same record, but I think it's fair to say no Kawhi will hurt more in the playoffs than in the regular season. My Finals prediction right now would be Bucks over Clippers in 7. If it's the Lakers I'd have Bucks in 6. Vs the Raps I have Bucks in 6. I think you'd be putting up as good a fight as anyone not named the Clippers in terms of how many games you'd push the Bucks.