NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

What team has 4 players better than Tatum lol

Yeah that's not the case, I wasn't even big on the Eastern Conference list. You could probably come close to cutting it in half.

40 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

For fun just to see glancing at rosters....

• 76ers (2 better + 2 maybes)
  • Heat (1 better with several newbies who have been excellent who might be better by season end)
  • Celtics (1 better with 2 maybes)
  • Bucks (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Raptors (2 better)
  • Hornets (0 better)
  • Pacers (1 better with 3 maybes)
  • Pistons (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Cavs (1 better)
  • Hawks (1 better)
  • Magic (1 maybe)
  • Nets (2 better)
  • Bulls (1 better)
  • Wizards (1 better)
  • Knicks (1 maybe)

So thats the Eastern Conference. I think thats 17 players better + another 20 or so in the same conversation that could be better or worse depending on how things shake out. Didn't need to look at Western because its much more loaded but I think there is at least 25 players clearly better in that conference.

Half of this list, if I'm assuming the correct player is vomit worthy. Name me 60 players better than Tatum.

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

It is exactly that when Kyrie was not there Jayson Tatum's usage rate or go to Ability was number one and he proved himself but once Kyrie came back all hell broke loose in a Boston Celtics had one of if not the most disappointing years in the NBA so which part am I wrong about

Tatum's usage rate went up 4% in the playoffs. He proved himself by almost doing something in a 19 game sample size? His shooting numbers were better in the regular season and, regardless, Tatum's value in those playoffs came from his defensive ability. His OBPM was still below 0 lol. 

Oh wait, nevermind, stats don't tell the story. Your eye test knows better.

Whatever. You believe what you want. I don't really care.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

LIS some people are holding last seasons hype against Tatum as a player. The dude can ball and he's off to a great start and thats with him getting super unlucky around the rim. He's not a top 20 player right now but he has that type of upside.

He’s top 35, maybe top 30.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

LIS some people are holding last seasons hype against Tatum as a player. The dude can ball and he's off to a great start and thats with him getting super unlucky around the rim. He's not a top 20 player right now but he has that type of upside.

Hey, I was commander of the Tatum hype train before there was one. I'm with you that he can ball and has all the ability in the world. I just don't like the way resilient has gone about this. Luka's a god damn superstar already yet he feels Tatum is better than him at everything sans passing and it's because of their situations that Tatum hasn't been able to shine. I don't necessarily disagree with that but Tatum's got his chance now. Let's see what he can truly do. I hope he's right because it makes me look better for being that initial Tatum train conductor lol but Luka's better right now, no question about it, and he's got just the same upside, if not higher. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

For fun just to see glancing at rosters....

• 76ers (2 better + 2 maybes)
  • Heat (1 better with several newbies who have been excellent who might be better by season end)
  • Celtics (1 better with 2 maybes)
  • Bucks (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Raptors (2 better)
  • Hornets (0 better)
  • Pacers (1 better with 3 maybes)
  • Pistons (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Cavs (1 better)
  • Hawks (1 better)
  • Magic (1 maybe)
  • Nets (2 better)
  • Bulls (1 better)
  • Wizards (1 better)
  • Knicks (1 maybe)

So thats the Eastern Conference. I think thats 17 players better + another 20 or so in the same conversation that could be better or worse depending on how things shake out. Didn't need to look at Western because its much more loaded but I think there is at least 25 players clearly better in that conference.

Too many. Personally the guys I'd take over Tatum today:

Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, Trae Young, Kyrie Irving, Brad Beal.

I'd consider: Khris Middleton, John Collins, Nikola Vucevic.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hey, I was commander of the Tatum hype train before there was one. I'm with you that he can ball and has all the ability in the world. I just don't like the way resilient has gone about this. Luka's a god damn superstar already yet he feels Tatum is better than him at everything sans passing and it's because of their situations that Tatum hasn't been able to shine. I don't necessarily disagree with that but Tatum's got his chance now. Let's see what he can truly do. I hope he's right because it makes me look better for being that initial Tatum train conductor lol but Luka's better right now, no question about it, and he's got just the same upside, if not higher. 

Luka's upside is much higher than Tatum's. 

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Too many. Personally the guys I'd take over Tatum today:

Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, Trae Young, Kyrie Irving, Brad Beal.

I'd consider: Khris Middleton, John Collins, Nikola Vucevic.

Kyle Lowry? Andre Drummond? All 3 of the considers? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Half of this list, if I'm assuming the correct player is vomit worthy. Name me 60 players better than Tatum.

East (15):

Embiid, Simmons, Butler, Kemba, Giannis, Lowry, Siakem, Oladipo, Griffin, Love, Young, Irving, Durant, Levine, Beal

West (25)

Lebron, AD, Towns, Luka, Porzingus, Mitchell, Gobert, George, Kawhii, Lou, Jokic, Booker, Aldridge, Derozan, Harden, Westbrook, Lilliar, McColum, Paul, Curry, Klay, Green, D Lo, Fox, Holiday

So thats 40 players that I think are consensus better and theres lots more players who are similar levels. Tatums a great prospect but he hasn't gotten much better from where he was 2 years ago.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kyle Lowry? Andre Drummond? All 3 of the considers? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Andre Drummond is perennially underrated. Dude's the best best rebounder of our generation and a stud defensively now. Lowry probably improves a team more now but I'm open to the possibility of that being wrong. Considers were just guys I thought about before saying ehh.