NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Just now, DoleINGout said:

The difference between Luka and Tatum hasn't been as great as you may think. Is Tatum better? No. However, both players have elite tools in their skillset. Luka just happens to be more consistent and polished in year two to Tatum's year three.

Ultimately, at the end of this season, or by next season when Luka is in year three and Tatum year four, I don't think there will be much difference between the two. Luka will likely still be considered better but I think it's only getting closer as Tatum rebounds from the cancerous season the entire Celtics organization and it's people suffered in 2018-2019.

Luka is head and shoulders above Tatum right now chief. Luka is a borderline top 10 player in the entire world. Tatum is a borderline All-Star that has looked like a chucker for the vast majority of this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The difference between Luka and Tatum hasn't been as great as you may think. 

Luka is averaging 28/10/9 on 48/31/84

Tatum is averaging 19/8/2 on 39/42/76

And the difference isn't that big? What the hell are they putting in the water up there in Boston man... Drink bottled water from now on. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Luka is head and shoulders above Tatum right now chief. Luka is a borderline top 10 player in the entire world. Tatum is a borderline All-Star that has looked like a chucker for the vast majority of this season. 

Yeah, there is absolutely no comparison. Luka's already having MVP level impact in year two. He's already playing better than Tatum's ceiling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, there is absolutely no comparison. Luka's already having MVP level impact in year two. He's already playing better than Tatum's ceiling.

Yup. Luka is having a historic year thus far and if his production holds up will be 1st team All-NBA. Tatum is averaging 19 points on 18.5 shots per game... 

12 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

happy days like this won't persist come january 24. see how they perform against a real team 

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Already beat the Raptors, Bucks, and Spurs in SA but okay bud.

12 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

not your bud bro 

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Oh, my bad bro.

You ignored the point of my post though, buddy. The Celtics didn't wipe the floor with the Raptors, Bucks, or Spurs in SA? None of those teams are real?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not your bro chief.

Guess you missed this from two pages back.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Luka is averaging 28/10/9 on 48/31/84

Tatum is averaging 19/8/2 on 39/42/76

And the difference isn't that big? What the hell are they putting in the water up there in Boston man... Drink bottled water from now on. 

Bulk stats are borderline pointless for comparison. Tatum is on a team that had four guys averaging 20 points a game prior to the Hayward injury and Tatum's worst career game last night. They're the most balanced and evenly distributed team in terms of production to start the season.

Luka is on arguably the most top heavy team in terms of producing these bulk stats.

My stance has been clear. Luka is a top five NBA player. Tatum is playing like a top 30 guy this season.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Bulk stats are borderline pointless for comparison. Tatum is on a team that had four guys averaging 20 points a game prior to the Hayward injury and Tatum's worst career game last night. They're the most balanced and evenly distributed team in terms of production to start the season.

Luka is on arguably the most top heavy team in terms of producing these bulk stats.

My stance has been clear. Luka is a top five NBA player. Tatum is playing like a top 30 guy this season.

Advanced stats show an even wider disparity. Tatum is a very good player. He will never be a top 5 player.

Edited by Bullet Club

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Advanced stats show an even wider disparity.

And? Luka is better and does everything. Tatum is worse and doesn't have to do everything. The disparity will shrink as Tatum continues to rebound from last season. Doncic is a top five player and pretty much as good as it gets. He could stand to improve defensively but otherwise he can't get much better. Aside from last night against the Mavs, Tatum is getting back to his consistently great self with a skillset full of elite attributes.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

And? Luka is better and does everything. Tatum is worse and doesn't have to do everything. The disparity will shrink as Tatum continues to rebound from last season. Doncic is a top five player and pretty much as good as it gets. He could stand to improve defensively but otherwise he can't get much better. Aside from last night against the Mavs, Tatum is getting back to his consistently great self with a skillset full of elite attributes.

How much disparity are we talking? Luka is a top 12 player right now and playing like a guy who is top 5. Tatum is top 30ish. Luka has best in the NBA potential. I don't see Tatum ever getting higher than top 20. That's not really closing the gap.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

How much disparity are we talking? Luka is a top 12 player right now and playing like a guy who is top 5. Tatum is top 30ish. Luka has best in the NBA potential. I don't see Tatum ever getting higher than top 20. That's not really closing the gap.

Tatum may eventually be able to carry an NBA team, but that remains to be seen.

Luka we know can carry a team.

One player doesn't make a playoff team though so it doesn't really matter.

Tatum has the skill to be better than just a top 20 player. Will he establish himself as such? I think eventually Tatum will put together a few seasons as a consensus top 10-15 guy. We'll see.

Doncic will probably always be considered a better player than Tatum.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Tatum may eventually be able to carry an NBA team, but that remains to be seen.

Luka we know can carry a team.

One player doesn't make a playoff team though so it doesn't really matter.

Tatum has the skill to be better than just a top 20 player. Will he establish himself as such? I think eventually Tatum will put together a few seasons as a consensus top 10-15 guy. We'll see.

Doncic will probably always be considered a better player than Tatum.

Tatum isn't impactful enough offensively to be a top 10 guy imo. He's a weak playmaker and he can't create for himself nearly well enough to be rated that highly. His ceiling is Paul George with less athleticism, creation and playmaking. Luka's ceiling is Larry Bird.

Edited by Bullet Club