NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Tatum isn't impactful enough offensively to be a top 10 guy imo. He's a weak playmaker and he can't create for himself nearly well enough to be rated that highly. His ceiling is Paul George with less athleticism, creation and playmaking. Luka's ceiling is Larry Bird.

I’ve learned that putting ceilings on guys who are 25 years old or younger generally makes you look foolish. Carry on though.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I’ve learned that putting ceilings on guys who are 25 years old or younger generally makes you look foolish. Carry on though.

I'm not too worried about it in this case. Seems clear cut.

Nothing in mine was either. You want to thump your chest like King Kong when Tatum has a horrible game? That’s fine, but you better carry that same energy when he has a great game. 

That's not the post you quoted.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Nothing in mine was either. You want to thump your chest like King Kong when Tatum has a horrible game? That’s fine, but you better carry that same energy when he has a great game. 

I just said he's nowhere near Luka, which is the truth. Luka is a top 10 player in the league. Tatum is the 3rd/4th best player on his own team. 

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I'm not too worried about it in this case. Seems clear cut.

You do you, but time and time again we’ve seen NBA players show big progression even though everyone and their mother had him capped at a certain ceiling. Kawhi Leonard is a great example of it tbh. In his 2nd/3rd season people would’ve laughed at you if you said he’d be in contention for the best player in the world. Im not even just speaking for Tatum, it’s in general. Look at guys like Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram this year, showing huge strides in their game even though all the smart little folks on this board (myself included) gave them ceilings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Tatum isn't impactful enough offensively to be a top 10 guy imo. He's a weak playmaker and he can't create for himself nearly well enough to be rated that highly. His ceiling is Paul George with less athleticism, creation and playmaking. Luka's ceiling is Larry Bird.

Tatum is maturing into a highly impactful offensive player. I think he has always been a good offensive player. Tatum is heralded because of how polished he is as a young player. Consistent offensive production is where improvement is happening. I don't know why you think Tatum is a weak playmaker or struggles to create his own shots. For Tatum, it's a matter of finishing the plays he does create and choosing how to score for optimal efficiency. Tatum has displayed an aptitude to learn from his mistakes, particularly on offense, and move closer to his high potential.

You do you, but time and time again we’ve seen NBA players show big progression even though everyone and their mother had him capped at a certain ceiling. Kawhi Leonard is a great example of it tbh. In his 2nd/3rd season people would’ve laughed at you if you said he’d be in contention for the best player in the world. Im not even just speaking for Tatum, it’s in general. Look at guys like Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram this year, showing huge strides in their game even though all the smart little folks on this board (myself included) gave them ceilings.

Very few players ever reach top 10 tier. You're talking about exceptions at a rate so small it's not worth considering.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I just said he's nowhere near Luka, which is the truth. Luka is a top 10 player in the league. Tatum is the 3rd/4th best player on his own team. 

Agreed, and what I’m saying is you haven’t said ish when Tatum has been playing great but you loud and proud when he has a crap game.