NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Tatum is maturing into a highly impactful offensive player. I think he has always been a good offensive player. Tatum is heralded because of how polished he is as a young player. Consistent offensive production is where improvement is happening. I don't know why you think Tatum is a weak playmaker or struggles to create his own shots. For Tatum, it's a matter of finishing the plays he does create and choosing how to score for optimal efficiency. Tatum has displayed an aptitude to learn from his mistakes, particularly on offense, and move closer to his high potential.

He's a poor passer and doesn't have the ballhandling ability to create for himself at will. That's where I get it from.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's a poor passer and doesn't have the ballhandling ability to create for himself at will. That's where I get it from.

Tatum is a really good ball handler so this is an odd take. It’s a good thing creating for others is something that takes almost every star time to figure out. Especially wings. It’s also good that those are two things that can be easily improved with work. But yeah he probably capped out at 22.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Tatum isn't poor at passing nor is his ability to create his own shot. Compared to Luka? Ball handling is the greatest disparity however.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Tatum isn't poor at passing nor is his ability to create his own shot. Compared to Luka? Ball handling is the greatest disparity however.

You don't get to be the worst iso player in basketball statistically if you're great at getting by defenders with your ballhandling. He is a poor passer. Dude averages less apg than Andrew freaking Wiggins and has shown no improvement at all in that area as a pro.

Edited by Bullet Club

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You don't get to be the worst iso player in basketball statistically if you're great at getting by defenders with your ballhandling. He is a poor passer. Dude averages less apg than Andrew freaking Wiggins and has shown no improvement at all in that area as a pro.

I think we’ve all established how bad/toxic last years Celtics team was. He rated highly in ISO his rookie year so I’m not holding last years ish show against him.

Try watching the dude play instead of box score scouting. Creating for others is almost always the last thing wings develop. He’s 22, putting a ceiling on him is silly no matter how you try to justify it.

• Like 1

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Okay, this is why you watch games instead of just basing your opinions on statistics.

Yeah I actually chuckled at that. It’s funny how obvious it is on this forum who actually watches a lot of basketball, not just one team, and who just checks advanced stats sites all day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think we’ve all established how bad/toxic last years Celtics team was. He rated highly in ISO his rookie year so I’m not holding last years ish show against him.

Try watching the dude play instead of box score scouting. Creating for others is almost always the last thing wings develop. He’s 22, putting a ceiling on him is silly no matter how you try to justify it.

No, he didn't. He was below league average. Then worst in the NBA. Now he's amongst the worst in the NBA this year. He's a terrible isolation player right now. Saying his ceiling isn't a top 10 player is not silly. It's accurate. 99.9% of players don't become top 10 players. The ones that do for the most part you can tell right away. I feel confident Tatum isn't in that 0.1%.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Again, don't just read statistics. My God.

Dude, the only objective statements provided in this conversation have been by me. Just saying "he's not a poor passer" doesn't mean anything. I can statistically prove he's a poor passer and terrible isolation player. What can you do? Give me your opinion?

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No, he didn't. He was below league average. Then worst in the NBA. Now he's amongst the worst in the NBA this year. He's a terrible isolation player right now. Saying his ceiling isn't a top 10 player is not silly. It's accurate. 99.9% of players don't become top 10 players. The ones that do for the most part you can tell right away. I feel confident Tatum isn't in that 0.1%.

I feel like I’ve said numerous times I’m not arguing he’s going to be a top 10 player. Just that saying he can’t improve as a passer is silly, as it’s generally the last thing guys develop. I’m not arguing Tatum will be a top 10 player, I’m saying capping his upside at 22 is silly. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like I’ve said numerous times I’m not arguing he’s going to be a top 10 player. Just that saying he can’t improve as a passer is silly, as it’s generally the last thing guys develop. I’m not arguing Tatum will be a top 10 player, I’m saying capping his upside at 22 is silly. 

And I'm telling you it's not. 99% of the time that statement turns out correct. What's not to get? I've made my case. BTW, what one team do I watch? I'd love to hear your guess because somehow understanding advanced stats means I don't watch games.

Edited by Bullet Club

Just now, Bullet Club said:

And I'm telling you it's not. 99% of the time that statement turns out correct. What's not to get? I've made my case. BTW, what one team do I watch? I'd love to hear your guess because somehow understanding advanced stats means I don't watch games.

It’s clear you don’t watch many Celtics games when you call Tatum a poor ball handler. 

What statement turns out correct? If you’re still stuck on this top 10 player thing my head might explode. I’m. Not. Saying. Tatum. Will. Be. A. Top. 10. Player.