NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Thanks, that's the point.

I'm already using important stats though. I'm not generalizing in the way you are implying I am. I used three different numbers for passing showing how little he's done with ample opportunity to do so. I used the literal definition for isolation.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Case in point @DoleINGout.  There's nothing in here that can be argued, ergo it's moving the goalposts.  He's shooting 39% from the field so far, and you're dying on this hill.

I appreciate the direct acknowledgement @CWood21.

I didn't change my stance or argument, therefore I didn't move any goalposts. What I posted is currently being argued anyway.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We are in the same middle ground we've been at.  The only difference is that that jump that Celtics' fans promised was coming hasn't came yet.  Given the relatively small sample size we have to deal with, there's plenty of time for him to turn it around but when people like DolelNGout are moving goalposts to fit an argument it isn't a good look.

He’s been good this year. His FG% is strictly because he hasn’t finished at the rim like he has the last two seasons, he’s been shooting better literally everywhere else on the court. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

He’s shooting like 25% lower than his career average at the rim. His FG% will improve.

And that's what we're hoping.  But we also heard about how Tatum was going to take a massive step without dealing with Kyrie.  We're still waiting on that.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

And that's what we're hoping.  But we also heard about how Tatum was going to take a massive step without dealing with Kyrie.  We're still waiting on that.

He has. His numbers are better almost everywhere except for the anomaly of him missing shots at the rim at a way higher rate. I think we can both agree he’ll return to his normal levels there. 

I just think a lot of people on this forum hold a bias because Celtics fans were admittedly obnoxious about Tatums trade value. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed, and what I’m saying is you haven’t said ish when Tatum has been playing great but you loud and proud when he has a crap game.

The only reason I even mentioned Tatum was because people on this forum said that he's better than Luka when Luka worked him out head to head last night. I hope Tatum plays well this year, I literally couldn't care less about the Celtics season though. 

• Like 1

To all of you flavor of the month type of posters, I am not gone but rather have just moved into an RV and traveling throughout America. I do not have time and sometimes internet to Banter back and forth heard but I will be here and hope to find time to reply to at least some of these so-called debated comments.

Long Live Jayson Tatum

Edited by resilient part 2

Last post for now, because I have a minute. But comparing Don check to LeBron James, is silly because LeBron is a two-way player for was at least and Tatum is a much better Defender the metal has ever been. A better comparison is Tatum is or will be along the lines of a Jimmy Butler Paul George and even a Kawhi Leonard type player. Someone who excels both ways.

• Like 1

Also watch the game yesterday and they said Luka has more touches of the ball than any player in the NBA and that's including LeBron James James Harden Russell Westbrook Giannis antetokounmpo or anyone else by at least 10%. He is playing great but having a ball in his hand so often allows him to stuff stats Russell Westbrook. In the meantime Jayson Tatum if you watch any Celtics game please only one roll amongst many individuals who need the ball and Brad Stevens has them flowing like San Antonio Spurs. Even quiet Leonard was not known as a great scorer while I'm San Antonio because he often had to move the ball. That's all I got for now gents have fun with your day in the sun after Jayson Tatum's laughable game yesterday

• Like 1