GDT[Week 5]: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Green Bay Packers

canadaluvsdallas

Just now, TheGame316 said:

Matts can't make Dak a Top 5 QB no matter how hard he pumps his tires

Dak had some horrific throws today. But if we are going to actually be objective, he also threw some absolute dimes and was put in an awful situation. We had 5+ drops, 1 leading to INT. An OL that was awful. And we were down the entire game.  Dak still had some awful throws today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak had some horrific throws today. But if we are going to actually be objective, he also threw some absolute dimes and was put in an awful situation. We had 5+ drops, 1 leading to INT. An OL that was awful. And we were down the entire game.  Dak still had some awful throws today. 

Dak made some mistakes for sure, but by far he wasn't our biggest problem. First it was the defense and I really hate saying hits next, but the refs had a part in it.

The one play Coop was "ruled out" and JG got a penalty. The female official called it a catch but the other d****e wouldn't let her over rule him. Then it was the same ref who didn't call illegal contact on Gallup when it was picked. The NFL has royally screwed this whole pass interference/no interference issue up bad. Maybe they need to go straight to NY, call down to the Refs like in college.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Dak made some mistakes for sure, but by far he wasn't our biggest problem. First it was the defense and I really hate saying hits next, but the refs had a part in it.

The one play Coop was "ruled out" and JG got a penalty. The female official called it a catch but the other ****** wouldn't let her over rule him. Then it was the same ref who didn't call illegal contact on Gallup when it was picked. The NFL has royally screwed this whole pass interference/no interference issue up bad. Maybe they need to go straight to NY, call down to the Refs like in college.

So here is the deal, and Pat McAfee has a segment on this. Every single one of these pass interference challenges is being decided by Al Riveron, who vehemently disagrees with PI being challengeable. So as a 1 man show, he has decided to give everyone the middle finger and go with whatever the ref called on the field. 

Edited by Matts4313

It seems the consensus is the defense being the biggest problem. The solution then is to clean out the coaching staff on that side. The question then is who gets brought in as replacements? I have always had an affinity for Jack Del Rio's system.

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm not as down on Dak as some on here are, but I'm not high on him like you are

I think he's a fringe top 10 QB who is incredibly reliant on his supporting cast. I think that should net him around 28-30 million in todays market. Stats and narratives that imply he is worth 35 like Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, etc do more to hurt our chances of competing and retaining talent than help it

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

It seems the consensus is the defense being the biggest problem. The solution then is to clean out the coaching staff on that side. The question then is who gets brought in as replacements? I have always had an affinity for Jack Del Rio's system.

I just want to know what happened from the second half of last year to now. This problem did seem to start with the Rams game last year.

What, guys get paid or something?

2 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I think he's a fringe top 10 QB who is incredibly reliant on his supporting cast.

... I mean... my consistent argument is that he is rated somewhere in the top ~10 range and if his OL plays well he will be a consistent 5-10 QB. So we arent too far apart. 

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Fair assessment.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

... I mean... my consistent argument is that he is rated somewhere in the top ~10 range and if his OL plays well he will be a consistent 5-10 QB. So we arent too far apart. 

I get it...We probably have the same take,  But you have to pump stats like he's the next Tom Brady because you are up against others are throwing arguments that he's the next Quincy Carter

Dak and his agent are eating some humble pie right about now and maybe (if true) the 30 million per offer he was given doesn't look as bad as it did 2 weeks ago