Week 5 - Rams at Seahawks - TNF

RamRod

When we came out with 3 TEs for those 2 plays I cringed but it worked. I hated the 2 TE looks for most of the first as it seemed to play into Seattle's hand. 

I'm happy with the performance but this loss is brutal. For the taking and Zuerlein shanks it. And we can't even be mad at him because of the NO game. 

11 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

We finally done with the everything is alright? Yes. We are a good NFC team. Yes. We have massive problems. Both can be true but this board seems like they can’t.

(except Flounch you’re just always angry)

Oh no, I'm going the opposite direction. I think McVay figured it out today. I think we're about to go on a roll.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Oh no, I'm going the opposite direction. I think McVay figured it out today. I think we're about to go on a roll.

I agree. This loss sucks but the team looked really good. We have 3 before the bye. 3-0 is definitely possible but 2-1 still has us in a good position. 

Defensively I think we really missed Rapp tonight. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I will say, I can't imagine we are resigning Peters. I'd be curious to know who was at fault for the Metcalf TD but that was an absolute pitiful tackle attempt on Moore. 

Well, it was an all-out failure. It looked to me like Peters played it correctly. Talib got caught looking on the PA. Johnson jumped the guy Talib should have been covering. And that left Peters without help inside. But Peters is 100% responsible for the multiple big plays due to his lack of effort. I don't want him back.

• Like 2

Talib and Peters have both regressed this season so far. 

I hope we trade Peters and a pick for Chris Harris or sign him at the end of the season 

we really need to draft DL and LB. I can imagine Brockers, Talib and Peters, and Weddle (retiring) won’t  be back after this season. 

We should also look into signing linebacker Brandon Marshall 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Talib and Peters have both regressed this season so far. 

I hope we trade Peters and a pick for Chris Harris or sign him at the end of the season 

we really need to draft DL and LB. I can imagine Brockers, Talib and Peters, and Weddle (retiring) won’t  be back after this season. 

We should also look into signing linebacker Brandon Marshall 

I saw a few key mistakes by Reeder not being able to wrap up Carson in the backfield, looking lost at times, almost jumped offsides one key play. I'd like to see Natrez Patrick or Trevon Young get a shot if Hager injury is minor. If it's not, we need to bring someone in. Mason Foster or Brandon Marshall come to mind.

We should be calling up Jacksonville and Washington IMMEDIATELY about Ramsey and Williams. I'd be willing to give up next years first, Josh Reynolds, Marcus Peters, and other futures to get one of those guys. Whitworth played well last night, but is showing his age. Last night was a solid overall performance by the O-Line, but I still do not trust Noteboom and Allen in the interior. And Havenstein is going to get Goff killed eventually this season. 

And knocking on Peters is obvious, but Talib is showing his age as well. It would be nice to get David Long some game experience since he will likely be thrusted into a starting role next year given the contract status of Peters and Talib. If Peters and Talib cannot be left on an island then this defense truly falls apart. 

I want to comment on the offense really quickly, but WOW we have new life with a two TE set of Higbee and Everett. Everett looked like an elite tight end in moments last night and we need more of that. Also, when do we see Darrel Henderson get some burn? Can he be that bad in pass protection?? He could spark the run game with his big playmaking ability. 

• Like 1

Man, I'm so glad that Young Gerald finally broke out, but dang. That drop killed me. 

I said yesterday that I thought Coop and Godwin were elite WRs in the 2017 draft. Do you guys think Cooper Kupp has finally separated himself and established his elite status?

It was obvious in college with his production and Pre-Draft with just how much better than everyone else with the all-star game weeks and how fantastic he was during interviews (Les said Pre-Draft that it felt like he was talking to an offensive coordinator during his interview with Kupp). I know we saw flashes of it during his rookie season except for some yip drops (one of which cost a game against the Seahawks), and then we saw it last year, but he was hurt. This year, there aren't really any excuses for the non-believers.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I said yesterday that I thought Coop and Godwin were elite WRs in the 2017 draft. Do you guys think Cooper Kupp has finally separated himself and established his elite status?

I don't know about elite but there's not more than 10 WRs in the league I'd rather have than Kupp. I think most people would never call him elite because he's not the type of athlete of the typical elite #1 WR but his production and chemistry with Jared is undeniable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't know about elite but there's not more than 10 WRs in the league I'd rather have than Kupp. I think most people would never call him elite because he's not the type of athlete of the typical elite #1 WR but his production and chemistry with Jared is undeniable.

See, and I contest his lack of athleticism. Is he good at track-running forty yards in a straight line? Maybe not. But there are plenty of people who just can't master the get-off for the forty, and anyways, it's not like any of them are even running how they would in a game. I think I've seen exactly zero players run on a football field the way they ran the forty. His three-cone was great. He's done a good job at catching deep balls or racking up yards after the catch. He constantly generates separation. I'm not sure if there's anything he CAN'T do. To me, a complete, reliable receiver who can beat any coverage is elite. 

WRs I'd rather have:

DeAndre Hopkins

Julio Jones

Keenan Allen

Michael Thomas

Maybe Tyreek Hill?

Maybe Odell Beckham? 

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

See, and I contest his lack of athleticism. Is he good at track-running forty yards in a straight line? Maybe not. But there are plenty of people who just can't master the get-off for the forty, and anyways, it's not like any of them are even running how they would in a game. I think I've seen exactly zero players run on a football field the way they ran the forty. His three-cone was great. He's done a good job at catching deep balls or racking up yards after the catch. He constantly generates separation. I'm not sure if there's anything he CAN'T do. To me, a complete, reliable receiver who can beat any coverage is elite. 

WRs I'd rather have:

DeAndre Hopkins

Julio Jones

Keenan Allen

Michael Thomas

Maybe Tyreek Hill?

Maybe Odell Beckham? 

He's got elite short area quickness, I just meant he doesn't have deep speed and isn't overly imposing physically. I'm biased as hell with Kupp but I'd take him over Michael Thomas. I think my list of WRs I'd take over him are OBJ, Nuk, Adams, Julio, and Evans. Allen is the better player but it's close and I'd take the more durable guy. Tyreek is someone I could never root for so I would hate him to be on the Rams. 

I think it’s safe that Oline play will hold us back from being a special team. But we can still win if Goff progresses . And it’s safe to say that Gurley will never be Gurley. He can’t outrun those stretch plays or zone runs. He drops every pass thrown to him. He’s basically gotta turn into Stephen Davis and turn into a big boy back to be useful. I really wanna see Henderson our there. He’ll thrive on those zone runs. 

Btw our Lbs suck. Ebukam is so inconsistent in all parts of his game. Cory gets burned but usually makes a big play. And none of our OLBS can maintain an edge. 

It’s starting to get old as ish when a RB turns the corner for a 10-15 yard gain when he should be stoped for a 2 yard loss. Or when he runs inside gets hit 2-3 times and still gets 6-9 yards.