Week #5 Steelers 1-3 vs. Ravens 2-2 Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

I won't complain about the RTP call because this was a crap officiated game. 22 penalties, several of which were questionable. The refs could not help but insert themselves into the game.

My major issue is still the Earl Thomas hit. He launched, lowered his head/lead with the crown his his helmet, and made no attempt to wrap up. Yet somehow they didn't even initially throw a flag. It wasn't until AV tried to get Mason to wake up twice and he didn't move that they realized "Oh wait. That was a dirty hit, we should flag it."

This officiating crew should never ref another game. And Earl Thomas should've been ejected and suspended. He showed no remorse. He walked over to the bench after the hit. Meanwhile Minkah ran over to their TE after a shoulder injury and dapped him up. But then again, Thomas is the type of piece of crap  to flip off his sideline because he was worried he wasn't getting his big pay day. Says all you need to know when Thomas wasn't out there with the other players after the final whistle.

• Like 2

Great and brutal Ravens-Steelers game. Aside from the refs. I felt like you guys won the LoS on both sides and obviously could have won the game with one right bounce. 

Hope Rudolph is going to be OK. He was a draft favorite of mine and I think he has a chance to develop into a legit QB1. Certainly expect this team to win more than people expect if he can go soon.

Devastating loss.  Refs screwed over the ravens on those reviewed plays. Screwed us on that roughing the passer.  Just bad all around.  Feels like this season is officially pretty much over after this one.  Nonetheless, I feel slightly more encouraged about our future.  Rudolph was looking like a legit QB and I loved what I saw from Hodges.  We may have a high pick but Minkah is a difference maker.  We have a defense now.  It's been a few years since we've been able to say that.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Just a tidbit, unfortunately Tony Jefferson tore his ACL.

He'll play again. Rudolph's quality of life could be effected. I really have no remorse for the Ravens right now to be honest. I'm not celebrating or wishing injury on anyone but the complete lack of empathy on that sideline told me all I needed to know.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

He'll play again. Rudolph's quality of life could be effected. I really have no remorse for the Ravens right now to be honest. I'm not celebrating or wishing injury on anyone but the complete lack of empathy on that sideline told me all I needed to know.

Earl Thomas is gonna get a huge fine and I'm not sure that's enoufh

11 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Devastating loss.  Refs screwed over the ravens on those reviewed plays. Screwed us on that roughing the passer.  Just bad all around.  Feels like this season is officially pretty much over after this one.  Nonetheless, I feel slightly more encouraged about our future.  Rudolph was looking like a legit QB and I loved what I saw from Hodges.  We may have a high pick but Minkah is a difference maker.  We have a defense now.  It's been a few years since we've been able to say that.  

despite the 1-4 record I'm a little optimistic about this team future. 3 tough loses to solid teams with our 2nd and 3rd string QB..I think this is a good team that can get better for a 2020 run. season is over for the playoffs, but can still see a decent team compete..all I'm going to ask for now 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I will say this. When Ben is gone, right now I hope the QBs on the roster are Mason and Devlin.

Hodges looked great tbh

like the upside in the QB room right now. not sure either will be some great QB, but kind of like the chances of one of them becoming at least a decent stop-gap QB. only had to spend a 3rd rd pick and some change to get them on this roster.

• Like 2