BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2019 Week 5

Match:  Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels

Away Owner: @Ragnarok

Home Owner: @SirA1

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Edited by TedLavie

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
QB - Tom Brady
RB - David Johnson
Slot - Chris Godwin
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - Will Fuller
Slot - Marquise Brown
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Dan Feeney
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Taylor Moton

RB - Aaron Jones
WR - MVS
TE - Irv Smith Jr.
TE - Adam Shaheen
TE - Jordan Akins
OG - AJ Cann
OC - Ryan Kalil

Defense

DE - Justin Houston
DT - Leonard Williams
NT - Brandon Williams
DT - Quinnen Williams
DE - Demarcus Lawrence
OLB - Tremaine Edmunds
MLB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Gareon Conley
CB - Byron Murphy
S - Lamarcus Joyner
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Deatrich Wise
DE - Za’Darius Smith
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DE - Markus Golden
DT - Taven Bryan
OLB - Blake Cashman
CB/S - Damontae Kazee
CB - Mike Hilton

Singapore Sentinels

Offense

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB1: Le’Veon Bell 
WR1: Josh Gordon
WR2: Keenan Allen
TE1: Darren Waller
TE2: Jimmy Graham
LT: Duane Brown 
LG: Bradley Bozeman
C: Weston Richburg 
RG: Billy Turner
RT: Marcus Cannon 
--------------------
RB2: James Conner
RB3: Darrel Williams
TE3: Tyler Higbee
WR3: Corey Davis 
WR4: Mecole Hardman
WR5: David Moore
OL6: Matt Feiler 
OL7: Eric McCoy 

Defense

DE: Preston Smith
DT: Aaron Donald 
NT: Shelby Harris 
DE: Danielle Hunter
WLB: Deion Jones
MLB: Jaylon Smith 
CB: Jason McCourty
CB: Trae Waynes
SCB: Jonathan Jones
FS: Kareem Jackson (Q)
SS: John Johnson III 
--------------------
OLB3: Everson Griffen
OLB4: Brennan Scarlett
DL4: Roy Robertson-Harris
DL5: Damon Harrison
CB4: Desmond King II 
CB5: Quinton Dunbar
ILB3: Mychal Kendricks  
S3: Tracy Walker III 

Berlin

Offense
Singapore has an excellent defensive front.  However, they have poopie DBs and that’s where we will attack. 

We are going to rotate Johnson and Jones with Johnson getting 60-65% of the snaps.  We want Johnson to get at least 15-18 touches and Jones to get 10-12.  Their defensive line likes to get upfield quickly, so we are going to run plenty of draws, traps and screens.  Our OTs are very athletic, so we want to get them blocking out in space.  For our standard runs, we are going run mostly zone plays as Donald likes to shoot gaps and get upfield which opens up running lanes behind him.  

4 WR - Our base set for this game, we will have Brady in shotgun most of the time to make sure he has time against a good defensive front.  Both our RBs excel in shotgun as well.  We will use our bunch set again so our WRs can get a free release.  We want to use a lot of crossers, slants, WR screens to supplement our rushing game and get the ball out quickly.  We will run more draws and screens in this set as our rushing attack.  Our RB will chip before going out in their route.  MVS will rotate in to keep guys fresh. 

We will put a man in motion to give Brady information pre-snap.  If they are in man, we will use our bunch to rub off defenders and get quick hitting crossing routes and option routes that Brady excels at.  If it is zone, we will use those bunches to flood a zone and give Brady a more open target.  

We will target every member of the secondary regardless who is covering who.  All our WRs will run every kind of route...but Fuller and Brown will typically stretch the defense vertically while Godwin and Golladay do all the dirty work.  But we want to give Hollywood a couple quick slants or WR screens that he could break for a big gain. 

3 WR - We are going to use this set maybe 5% of the time because we don’t want both the Sing LBs on the field.  Irv will come in and be used as a fullback.  This allows us to give our RB a lead blocker in short yardage situations. 

2 TE - We use this set maybe 20% of the time with Irv and Shaheen.  We are going to use them both as additional blockers.  When we have a lead late in the game, we will use this set to grind out the clock.  Shaheen will be the TE on the line and Irv will serve as a FB.  And we will just grind out the game. 

Fuller/Golladay and Hollywood will be our WRs.  If Sing tries to put an 8th man in the box in this set, we will throw it deep to one of these two.  We trust Hollywood and Fuller to either win deep when one-on-one or Golladay to win a jump ball or back shoulder throw.  And a single high safety won’t be much use as none have the speed to get over and help in time.  This inability to get a numbers advantage in the run game will help us grind out these late longer drives to aid our defense and close out the game.  We will run 

Defense -
We have two goals.  Shut down Le’Veon and shut down the deep ball. 

Base - Sing loves their base set.  So we are gonna match that with our triple Williams Wall.  Their OL is not good enough to handle this.  We will rotate our DL guys in if needed(including Edge guys playing inside on passing downs), but we want this DL on the field as much as possible.  This 5-on-5 front will annihilate their OL and shut down Bell.  They will have to keep their FB in to block otherwise Rodgers might die.  Rashaan will follow Bell everywhere and key in on the run game to ensure they can’t run.

Tremaine takes Waller.  Gareon and Byron play man as LCB and RCB.  Lamarcus and Thornhill play deep halves and bracket their WRs.  Rodgers doesn’t do as great when he can’t push the ball down the field. 

Nickel - If they go nickel, one of the Williams comes off for Kazee in the slot. 

We are going to play two man under in nickel with Tremaine following Waller, Evans keying on Bell, and our safeties taking deep halves.

Singapore

Motivation - It’s been a long and winding road but we came away 2-0-1 and are now Home, Sweet Home. Facing our former QB and longest rival in Berlin along with a little boost from Seoul still shouldn’t put the brakes on our goal of a Bizzbowl this season.

Offensive Strategy
Formations:  12/ 11 “Bunch”/ 10   Scheme:  Pass (60%) vs Run (40%)

Luckily I remembered that per BDL rules Darius Slay cannot be in the lineup this week because he was inactive last week and is on a bye this week IRL. Rodgers should be able to connect with our weapons even with Berlin adding Kendall Fuller (14 rec allowed on 17 targets) to cover the slot. Playing out of a 2TE formation will keep more of Berlin’s linebackers on the field and expose their lack of athleticism 

Darren Waller and Jimmy Graham form a solid 2TE set for our 12 personnel package that we will use about 50% of the time and should own the seam against Berlin’s LB’s. Josh Gordon and Keenan Allen will flood the field with a variety of routes (slants, crossing, hooks, etc) creating lots of opportunities for Rodgers to get the ball out versus the Blitz.

Using 11 “Bunch” as our secondary formation (35%) this week, including receiving option routes designed to find space in Cover 2 and 3 that Berlin likes to deploy.  We favor the matchups against an average  secondary that Rodgers can take advantage of, by employing a quick passing game that includes Le’Veon Bell on swing and flat routes.  While our bunched receiving core of Josh Gordon/WR, Keenan Allen/Slot, Darren Waller/TE, and Corey Davis as the Single WR on his side.

For the remainder of the passing snaps (15%) we’ll look to spread out their secondary and go to a 4WR  set with Mecole Hardman and David Moore being used as field stretchers.

Bell will be our main back again getting 12-15 carries and 6 or so targets. James Conner will get 5-7 carries and a few targets as well. With Berlin’s interior line having some injuries this year we think we should be able to run either inside or out without many issues.

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 / 3-2-6    

Tom Brady doesn’t like to get hit. So you gotta get to him … a lot. We’ve got two (three?) legit pass rushing threats on the outside in Danielle Hunter and Preston Smith, add in Everson Griffen off the bench and the pressure won’t let up. It’s gotta be a two-sided rush because if it’s just one guy, the offense can shift, slide, double-team, chip — and take a single rusher out of the game. With two pass rushers the offense can’t account for both of them without keeping an extra guy in to help. And that takes away one of Tom’s options downfield and forces them to pick their poison.

We also have to get a good push up the middle and shrink the pocket so Tom can’t step up to avoid the outside rush. He’s gotta feel like he’s surrounded. Like he’s got nowhere to go. Aaron Donald is still a factor as a pass rusher this season even without the big sack numbers and is solid versus the run. Shelby Harris will be his partner in crime over Snacks this week since he is more than just a run stopper. Roy Robertson-Harris has 4 sacks this year and will keep the guys in the middle fresh so they can play for all 60 minutes. 

We will bluff the blitz a few times with Jaylon Smith but will generally only bring four rushers, which will allow us to drop seven men into coverage. Our back seven are all solid coverage guys allowing us to matchup with Berlin’s receiving threats. Smith will actually be a spy on David Johnson/Adam Jones and cover them out of the backfield. Our Run defense is top notch up front but we respect the Berlin run game enough to devote them extra attention in run situations with the use of a spy.

We expect Berlin to deploy their own Bunch formation a lot to try and free up receivers for Brady. We’re going to combat it by showing Man coverage on the bunch but having only the corner over the lead receiver (Trae Waynes) in man to man and press that receiver at the line to disrupt his timing. The other two corners are pattern matching.The outside cornerback (Jonathan Jones) will match any out-breaking route, and the slot corner (Jason McCouty) will match against any in-breaking route. Kareem Jackson will cover the opposite side boundary receiver in man coverage. John Johnson III will be the deep high safety this week. Deion Jones will provide interference from his linebacker spot as the ‘Rat’ defender responsible for reading the QB, directing traffic, or disrupting any crossers coming over the middle.

Desmond King comes in for Dime situations. Tracy Walker will take over for Jackson is he is out again this week.

TL:DR: Pressure Brady, disrupt the bunch formation. Account for the RB’s. I’ll provide visual aides in the thread.

21 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Singapore has an excellent defensive front.  However, they have poopie DBs and that’s where we will attack. 

My DB's are allowing less than half the passes thrown their way to be completed with McCourty and Jones (80+ PFF Ratings),  Jackson (75+) and Johnson are playing lights out. Wayne is even almost above average which is what all of your DB's are at or below.

The days of me having a bad Secondary are so last year.

Performance - Berlin; Match Up - Singapore; Game Plan - Singapore

Singapore 37 - 28

Berlin had a better day stat wise with our RB's getting focused on with 3rd string QB's handing them the ball IRL.

If you've watched Brady at all this year his deep ball is off so hitting Fuller and Brown vertically would be unlikely.

• Like 1

Yep real poopie DB's.

CB JASON MCCOURTY, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

McCourty is enjoying really nice season in his second year in New England, and Sunday marked his best performance of the year so far. Targeted four times in coverage, he allowed three receptions for just 14 yards and registered an interception. All that added up to an NFL passer rating allowed of 39.6 on throws into his coverage.

FLEX D: CB JONATHAN JONES, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Speaking of impressive defensive backs in New England, Jonathan Jones had another stellar outing this week. From 30 snaps in coverage, he was targeted just twice and, while he allowed a reception on both targets, they went for just 13 yards and he added a forced fumble. Through five weeks, he has allowed just 12 receptions in coverage.

S KAREEM JACKSON, DENVER BRONCOS,

Jackson has moved between safety and the slot for much of this season, but he was primarily a free safety in the win over the Chargers, with 42 of his 70 defensive snaps coming as a deep safety. He made a huge play for the Broncos at the end of the first half, forcing a fumble as Chargers running back Austin Ekeler tried to dive for the pylon for a touchdown, with the play resulting in a touchback to end the half.

Edited by SirA1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I still stand by my vote however I do get where @SirA1 is coming from too. Brady finally looks human .

I don't expect anything less. I've not quoted you as I didn't expect your vote this week regardless. I'm waiting for the El Guapo vote against me to round out the normal voting block I have to deal with year in and year out. 

You've been all about the game plan this season but when I destroy that it's suddenly about production. I know I'm not winning that this week.

I could also mention that Rags completely forgot about Jimmy Graham so he's uncovered the whole game. Similar to people saying I forgot to cover David Johnson as a receiver week 1.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I don't expect anything less. I've not quoted you as I didn't expect your vote this week regardless. I'm waiting for the El Guapo vote against me to round out the normal voting block I have to deal with year in and year out. 

You've been all about the game plan this season but when I destroy that it's suddenly about production. I know I'm not winning that this week.

I could also mention that Rags completely forgot about Jimmy Graham so he's uncovered the whole game. Similar to people saying I forgot to cover David Johnson as a receiver week 1.

You think I am voting against you? I assure you, not the case bro. I ain't like that. 

I will admit, I over looked the fact he didnt even account for Graham. That's a fair point. Overall I thought you both did a great job on the gameplans. The reason I went 'production' this week is because it seems to be the path most people take and I am trying to be consistent with what others seem to believe should be the 'way of the vote', does rhat make sense?

Also the reason I voted on this game is not all the other games is because this one doesn't have anybody in it that is playing tonight.

But like I just said I don't appreciate the notion that I'm being biased against you because that's not the case. Someone always has a complaint about the way over I can't please everybody. To me this game could go either way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

You think I am voting against you? I assure you, not the case bro. I ain't like that. 

I will admit, I over looked the fact he didnt even account for Graham. That's a fair point. Overall I thought you both did a great job on the gameplans. The reason I went 'production' this week is because it seems to be the path most people take and I am trying to be consistent with what others seem to believe should be the 'way of the vote', does rhat make sense?

Also the reason I voted on this game is not all the other games is because this one doesn't have anybody in it that is playing tonight.

But like I just said I don't appreciate the notion that I'm being biased against you because that's not the case. Someone always has a complaint about the way over I can't please everybody. To me this game could go either way

Just my paranoia. I am not well liked and have at one time been accused of being a dictator in this league. 

It's just like you think I have something against you every time I quote you in the main thread. I don't you just perceive it that way.

Just now, SirA1 said:

Just my paranoia. I am not well liked and have at one time been accused of being a dictator in this league. 

It's just like you think I have something against you every time I quote you in the main thread. I don't you just perceive it that way.

Lmao I’ve never disliked you. JLash hates me but I still trade him Kupp. I think we do well as whole group in this league to be honest.

We treat Jimmy the same way we treated your FB.  You'll have to keep a TE in to block or ARod dies.  So Tremaine gets whichever TE doesn't block.  

Plus, Jimmy and Arod have crap for chemistry.  The one game they tried to involve Jimmy(which resulted in a whopping 61 yards, TD, and dropped TD), the Packers lost.  

But thank you for putting the lesser player on the field.