BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:00 AM

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

They have been good since last postseason but thanks for trying.

Gilmore has been excellent.  Devin McCourty is also very good.  Jason is the far lesser twin, so Golladay or Fuller wouldn't even be challenged.  And Jones can't even keep the 3rd best Skins WR from catching passes...Godwin will have a field day.  

I mean this is not a BDL starting secondary. 

CB - Gareon Conley (16 of 23 targets allowed)
CB - Byron Murphy (20 of 31 targets allowed and warming a spot for PP).
S - Lamarcus Joyner (24 of 31 targets allowed and only a starter because Abrams went down.)
S - Juan Thornhill (3 of 4 targets allowed, and your best DB)

You planned to stop the run and cover deep with 2 Safeties and I attacked the middle/seam with TE's. Thanks.

Edited by SirA1

25 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I mean this is not a BDL starting secondary. 

CB - Gareon Conley (16 of 23 targets allowed)
CB - Byron Murphy (20 of 31 targets allowed and warming a spot for PP).
S - Lamarcus Joyner (24 of 31 targets allowed and only a starter because Abrams went down.)
S - Juan Thornhill (3 of 4 targets allowed, and your best DB)

You planned to stop the run and cover deep with 2 Safeties and I attacked the middle/seam with TE's. Thanks.

Oh, making up stats now?  How quaint.  Let's get footsy in here.

Byron will start across from PP.

Joyner was the starting NB for the Raiders and they move him back and forth because he can play both.

Thornhill has been very good in coverage.  Not the best in run support.

You wont be able to run the ball, Tremaine will shut down one TE, and Rashaan takes whichever of the RB or TE you dont keep in to block.  It's not like Rashaan is just gonna stand there.  Tremaine can shut down either TE.  Rashaan can shut down dead weight Jimmy and limit Waller plenty enough for us to win.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Shouldnt all these stats be added to gameplans if you want them to be considered?

Isnt the gameplan your opportunity to influence voting?

Ok, we are weird this way.  Including stats in the actual gameplan tends to be frowned upon cause we generally have a solid idea of how good players are and it makes gameplans forever long and tedious.  But it's fair game during mid-week banter because we find it fun.

And hey, you can influence voting up until votes are cast.  But overdoing it can come across as desperate.

Edit - Especially when it's a couple of us who have been in the league forever.  

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Oh, making up stats now?  How quaint.  Let's get footsy in here.

Nope. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not true. I'm sorry your secondary is only average at best.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/gareon-conley/11779

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/byron-murphy/44027

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/lamarcus-joyner/8676

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/juan-thornhill/50426

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/damontae-kazee/11904

Edited by SirA1
Added Kazee since he is also someone you trot out in coverage.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Ah yes, PFF stats with no actual knowledge or context behind them.  

For instance, I could go look at PFF and see that your boy Jones didn't stop a single Skins WR from catching the ball last weekend as you already stated.  For instance, how many of those completions were in 3rd down and long where they play a soft zone to come up and tackle?  How many were a quick pass where they made the tackle immediately for a minimal gain?  How many times did PFF decide one player was at fault when it was really another who screwed up(maybe safety failing to get over the top)?  Or where the pass rush gave the QB 6 seconds to throw?

Random numbers with no explanation or context mean nothing.  And you know that, but you're desperate so....I understand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah yes, PFF stats with no actual knowledge or context behind them.  

For instance, I could go look at PFF and see that your boy Jones didn't stop a single Skins WR from catching the ball last weekend as you already stated.  For instance, how many of those completions were in 3rd down and long where they play a soft zone to come up and tackle?  How many were a quick pass where they made the tackle immediately for a minimal gain?  How many times did PFF decide one player was at fault when it was really another who screwed up(maybe safety failing to get over the top)?  Or where the pass rush gave the QB 6 seconds to throw?

Random numbers with no explanation or context mean nothing.  And you know that, but you're desperate so....I understand.

Can’t we say this about basically any DB?

Marcus Peters hasn’t given up **** this season. Watch that play against Mike Evans. He clearly thought he was going to have safety help. PFF and Rotoworld and anyone else who credited him with 2/70/1 is WRONG 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Marcus Peters hasn’t given up **** this season. Watch that play against Mike Evans. He clearly thought he was going to have safety help. PFF and Rotoworld and anyone else who credited him with 2/70/1 is WRONG 

Yeah...dumb trade on my part...smh :(

6 minutes ago, Whicker said:

If you cut out any explanation, yes.  

But the difference is a description of what happened.  You didn't just copy-paste a couple links with minimal info and zero explanation.  I'm not saying none of my guys have given up a catch, but there is literally nothing given with those numbers to give any context.  

9 hours ago, Whicker said:

He did get smoked by Metcalf Thursday night though.

10 hours ago, Whicker said:

But what if Peters had the play wrong.  Wouldn't that still make it his fault?