BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

BDL 2019 Week 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Singapore Sentinels  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:00 AM

Rags I'll go into more detail tonight when I can quote properly but you basically started off your game plan deriding my secondary as bad even though it is better than your group of rookies/fill in guys. I defended my guys since three of them took 3 out of 5 spots on the PFF Team of the week. Yet all you took away from that and are harping in is Jones let a WR catch 2 passes against him, not also saying they were for only 13 scoreless yards and a Forced Fumble. You then said I was "making stats up" and lies about your guys but when I post the links that have that information proving where I got it from you then further just attack me for liking a site that you personally don't. Then go on some tangent where you talk about someone needing to watch All-22 film of every game in order to understand. I know you are trying to use your lawyering degree to get out of this one but C'mon man. It's a bit thick at this point. My secondary is the one huge area I focused on this season and it is paying off. I'm not even throwing as much shade on your guys but just said they are Average and provided stats to prove it. You got lazy this week Bud. Your guys went off against lesser talent for sure. But that's not enough to get this one in your favor.

I really enjoyed both of these game plans. Two very smart football minds. I’m going with Berlin here. I think they do enough against a not poopie secondary in the passing game. Should have started Aaron Jones this week though. But good back rotation none the less. I think Singapore can be a team on the upswing but Berlin’s Williams wall shuts down Leveon. I do think Singapore gets some big plays out of their tight ends in this one and that keeps the game close. 28-24 Berlin. (We don’t have special teams so I don’t know how Singapore gets that field goal or Berlin gets 4 extra points but just bare with it)

I like Sing Sing at home. 

Both offensive lines will get dominated in this game. I don’t like how Berlin just assumes a TE/FB will have to stay in to block and I think that hurts them. Singapore has the better CBs and I consider the QBs as a close push. Berlin will have success running it, but Singapore will be able to pass better and their CBs give their D-line more of a window to succeed vs what Berlin brings. 

Singapore is a scrappy bunch on defense and offensive this week, but not good enough to contain Brady and Fuller. Berlin uses this combination repeatedly to move the ball down field and put up points. On the flip side the Singapore offense tries to match them point for point but come up just shy a few times resulting in FGs I stead of TDs

Berlin 35-27

I actually really like Berlin's defense and plan against a very good offense in Singapore.

I think both teams have a big advantage defensively in the trenches, but I like the wide mix of weapons Berlin has with some big bodies who can work all areas of the field and speed guys who can take the top off of defenses. So to me, the more varied and versatile offense will win a close one.

These teams are excellent. I’m not sure people understand how effective the receivers near Brady truly are. Both running backs are good dual ability individuals. Singapore is built extremely well on defense but I think Brady will make plays when the D focuses on the running game. His quick release is a great response to the pass rush but the 4 DB for Deion Jones and Jaylen Smith is going to be interesting.

Otherwise, Aaron Rodgers against Berlin’s defense is going to be fun to watch. I think Berlin can stop the run and get some pressure. Rodgers and Keenan Allen should hook up well as should he and Leveon Bell.

In the end the biggest mismatch is how limited in the secondary Berlin is in their lineup. I think Rodgers can make some big plays in those moments and offset a great performance by Brady.