ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Leader

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Interesting question, if the Yankees win the next 2 games do the Astros start Cole on 3 days rest in game 6, or so they go for a bullpen game and save Cole for a potential game 7? 

I would think they would go with Cole in a win or go home situation.

No? You have to win 2 straight games regardless. It isn't like it's wild card game or game 7, win or take all. It's a we have to win 2 straight games to advance and one of those is gonna have to be a BP game regardless, so why would we throw Cole on short rest? If we had Verlander or Greinke ready to go on enough rest, maybe. But we won't. 

7 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

No? You have to win 2 straight games regardless. It isn't like it's wild card game or game 7, win or take all. It's a we have to win 2 straight games to advance and one of those is gonna have to be a BP game regardless, so why would we throw Cole on short rest? If we had Verlander or Greinke ready to go on enough rest, maybe. But we won't. 

Because if you lost a game 6 at home with a pitcher as hot as Cole available on short rest then you’d get a ton of heat. We will see if it gets to that

17 hours ago, kwolf68 said:

You can't say "you think" something was done, then complain about what "you think" happened. Unless you have evidence MLB is "deadening" the ball then this is tin foil hat stuff. I am sure if Houston can win this series, it won't be because they are a really great team, who may actually be better than NY. Nah, couldn't be that. 

I dont really give a **** if there is evidence or not, its never stopped me in the past

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I dont really give a **** if there is evidence or not, its never stopped me in the past

However, I think the fact that you have an MLB franchise that is coming out and saying they have evidence the ball is deadened is really something.  The fact that a team is willing to go against the commissioners office shows how blatant and egregious this is.