Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

🤔

I'm only guessing. But I don't think BA would want a stopgap QB. Which is what guys like Brady and Rivers would be.

He seems to want to right the ship, set up the roster, and set up the coaching staff so he can ride off into the sunset after winning the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Rivers would make no sense, he's like an older version of Jameis. 

Yeah, I would be concerned.  He has no mobilty and this oline isn t exactly stellar.  Rivers cap hit was 23 million, I just don t see how he doesn t want at least 25 million to continue his career.  So he s significantly older, less mobile to save possibly 5 million per yr.  Yeah, I don t know 

Figured Id keep stirring the pot. Not saying I’d like this or hate this but the only way we sign Rivers is as a bridge QB for far less than Jameis will take (or may be demanding with no wiggle room). JC was right on a lot of stuff last year. I guess we’ll find out soon enough if he is really plugged in.

EDIT: This is probably what JC is talking about.

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 1

Well, nothing with this organization would surprise.  However, they can t sign a 38 yr old QB and have Gabbert or Griffen behind him.  Still not a fan of drafting a Qb outside the first rd, which means in my world they ll be drafting a Qb at 14 or earlier in the spring.  It has to be Eason for me, not impressed with Herbert or Love.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I ll be relieved when this QB decision is finished.  I just don t understand how Rivers will be effective with this oline. I guess in theory he could make quicker decisions, but his arm strength considering his age has to be a concern.  Not like they would make the passing game more conservative next season.  My counter thought is Rivers should have significant input to the passing plan considering he is a vet.

I do believe this could happen because there is connection to BA.  Ken Whisenhunt and BA worked together with the Steelers, so have to fogure those 2 will be chatting this offseason

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

I didn't see any of Rivers during the season, but all I've heard is how bad he looked, and how much better the Chargers would be with a good QB. That's not very encouraging. But, he CAN'T be worse than Jameis. Draft a QB first round to learn under him. Sign an OT in free agency. 

6 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I didn't see any of Rivers during the season, but all I've heard is how bad he looked, and how much better the Chargers would be with a good QB. That's not very encouraging. But, he CAN'T be worse than Jameis. Draft a QB first round to learn under him. Sign an OT in free agency. 

We've already got three olinemen making $10M+. Do you really want a fourth?

On 1/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Figured Id keep stirring the pot. Not saying I’d like this or hate this but the only way we sign Rivers is as a bridge QB for far less than Jameis will take (or may be demanding with no wiggle room). JC was right on a lot of stuff last year. I guess we’ll find out soon enough if he is really plugged in.

EDIT: This is probably what JC is talking about.

i can get behind rivers + eason additions. rivers will be cheaper and we can cut our ties after 1 year instead of investing money on mediocre the next 3 years like we did with donovan smith.

• Like 1