MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Quintessential Bud tonight. Biggest threat left in this postseason is clearly him.

Only thing holding us back tbqh. I mean the clown drew up an ATO for Connaughton AGAIN. Just inexcusable coaching by him.

That and Middleton being a total ******* liability tonight. 6-23 and 0-9 from 3. 

I only got to see the final 4 minutes of the game (I had another commitment last night).  I don't understand, especially in the waning moments, why Bud didn't put out his best 3 point shooters out there when we needed 3 to tie the damn thing.  I'm kinda glad I missed most of it...   😕

Edited by Pugger

8 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

How would’ve donte fit in to this post Season? 

He would have been another on the ball, perimeter defender that could spell Holiday. That would probably be his biggest asset to their playoff run. Would of been a big plus in that regard.    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

How would’ve donte fit in to this post Season? 

More or less a rich mans Connaughton.  Not a game changer, but an improvement.  I'll be more than happy If MIL can get through the playoffs with nothing worse than the Donte injury.

17 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

More or less a rich mans Connaughton.  Not a game changer, but an improvement.  I'll be more than happy If MIL can get through the playoffs with nothing worse than the Donte injury.

Connaughton and DiVincenzo have very different games. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Connaughton and DiVincenzo have very different games. 

Bud Disagrees

How will the Bucks try to replace DiVincenzo?

When asked about how the Bucks might try to reconfigure their rotation with DiVincenzo’s absence on Friday, Budenholzer told reporters that the team was still working through how to do that. He did, however, make it clear three players will primarily be tasked with the role.

“Donte is unique and very, very gifted, but same with Pat, he has a lot of those same characteristics and qualities,” Budenholzer said.

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Bud Disagrees

Not seeking a meaningless pissing match here. Yes they have some of the 'same characteristics and qualities', but their games are still very different. They have some overlapping qualities to their games because they are versatile players, still very different. 

39 minutes ago, R T said:

Not seeking a meaningless pissing match here. Yes they have some of the 'same characteristics and qualities', but their games are still very different. They have some overlapping qualities to their games because they are versatile players, still very different. 

How are they different?

Genuinely curious how you view the differences

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How are they different?

Genuinely curious how you view the differences

Donte has the ability to be a facilitator and distributor for other. He is also a very good perimeter defender, someone who can defend another point guard in space. He is a true guard.  Pat is none of those things. Pat has the ability to defend a 2-3-4 on switches, even in the paint. The Bucks are never going to ask Pat to run the offense, nor are they ever going to game plan for Donte to cover stretch 4's. They are both white and went to Catholic Universities, they do have that in common though.   

• Like 2

MIL wasn't going to ask/expect Donte to be a facilitator in any meaningful way in the playoffs.  In the regular season, sure, he has improved in that area.  That was not going to be his role in the playoffs.  I have no issue with agreeing that Donte is a better defender than Pat, but not nearly to the degree that you are suggesting.  Pat  is an athletic and versatile defender that can be used to switch at multiple positions.  Just not to the degree that Donte can.  The are both decent but very streaky shooters, and very good rebounders for their position.  I am really at a loss to how you feel they have "very different" games.  They don't.

• Like 1