MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

On 6/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, Packerraymond said:

If we 5 year max Middleton I will revoke anything nice I've ever said about Horst. If that's Giannis' requirement to sign long-term and he won't be happy if we give that money to a better player, we can deal him too and start over.

This may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these boards. Thanks for that. 

Image result for laugh gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Giannis got 78 of the 101 1st place votes for MVP.

The comments on this twitter were interesting.  Yes, Harden had a superb season but Giannis dominated on offense and defense.   You could tell how much it meant to him when he got emotional during his acceptance speech.  And the media doesn't hate Harden.   He won the darn thing last season.

• Like 1

It's one thing for Ujiri to not win Exec of the year, but to finish 4th!? That's wild man.

Fires the COY, traded his star player for another one who was injured and rumored to sit out, made another big deal at the trade deadline, etc. That takes major balls and quite frankly was snubbed hard of Exec of the year.

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's one thing for Ujiri to not win Exec of the year, but to finish 4th!? That's wild man.

Fires the COY, traded his star player for another one who was injured and rumored to sit out, made another big deal at the trade deadline, etc. That takes major balls and quite frankly was snubbed hard of Exec of the year.

It’s voted on before the playoffs, after his team went from the 1 seed in 2018 to the 2 seed in 2019 despite the conference losing Lebron. You just don’t win exec of the year if you win fewer game(s) than the previous season.

If voting took place after the finals, he obviously would’ve won.

• Like 1

Back to Middleton....

Let's say that the he is allowed to leave.

What else is there in free agency that fits the club as well as Khris?  Looking for a pure shooter, with length, that will defend and take coaching.  Ability to play 1:1 when Giannis sits is also imperative.

To me, Khris is frustrating, but he's the best pure shooter on that team.  I dig Brogdon, but that shot isn't pure.  I don't want him at or near the max, but I don't know enough about the other free agents to understand who else could fill that role.

I don't think it is Mirotic.  Just not quick enough.  Leonard isn't coming here.  Neither is KD.  Or Klay.  So who is is there that is a good fit for this club?  What are a few fallback options?

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Back to Middleton....

Let's say that the he is allowed to leave.

What else is there in free agency that fits the club as well as Khris?  Looking for a pure shooter, with length, that will defend and take coaching.  Ability to play 1:1 when Giannis sits is also imperative.

To me, Khris is frustrating, but he's the best pure shooter on that team.  I dig Brogdon, but that shot isn't pure.  I don't want him at or near the max, but I don't know enough about the other free agents to understand who else could fill that role.

I don't think it is Mirotic.  Just not quick enough.  Leonard isn't coming here.  Neither is KD.  Or Klay.  So who is is there that is a good fit for this club?  What are a few fallback options?

giphy.gif

I think Jeremy Lamb would be fun.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Anything confirmed?

Nothing official. Some reports from some not all that reputable twitter accounts. I’ve just resigned myself to it given that we’ve been attached to no one in FA other than Taj Gibson. Going five years would be insane and so unneeded though. I just don’t think he actually has any sort of outside market for the 4 year max.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I don't give two ****s about next year. That contract will cloud everything. Short-sighted moves are beyond dumb. 

The message from the owners better be that they’re willing to spend whatever it takes. Because if maxing Middleton means that there’s a tax line they won’t cross to retain Brook and Brogdon, I’m going to lose all faith. Because handcuffing us for years with Middleton means you essentially have to run it back entirely.

• Like 1