MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

On 8/24/2021 at 8:11 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Extended Bud for 3 years. 
thoughts 

I don't care if Bud starts at center for us this year. I'm just happy he helped bring us a title after 50 years. I assume my opinion will change by this same time next year. 

• Like 5

Have to give the guy an extension after they win the Championship. Unlike playoffs in the past, Toronto series, he made some great in series adjustments. Mostly continuing to go inside against the much smaller Suns. The Bucks weren't going to win a three point shooting contest. 

Have to give him some credit as well. He learned his lesson. 

Edited by Old Guy

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Have to give the guy an extension after they win the Championship. Unlike playoffs in the past, Toronto series, he made some great in series adjustments. Mostly continuing to go inside against the much smaller Suns. The Bucks weren't going to win a three point shooting contest. 

Have to give him some credit as well. He learned his lesson. 

The question does become, how much of that was Bud and how much of that was Giannis/Jrue? Bud wasn't as slow to make adjustments but he still had his issues. I won't complain because one title is worth a long leash but if we disappoint next year, I'll have my qualms. Bud is a solid coach, obviously, but he's stubborn. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The question does become, how much of that was Bud and how much of that was Giannis/Jrue? Bud wasn't as slow to make adjustments but he still had his issues. I won't complain because one title is worth a long leash but if we disappoint next year, I'll have my qualms. Bud is a solid coach, obviously, but he's stubborn. 

What is your definition of 'disappoint'? I kind of like how he wasn't that concerned with the regular season because he knew it was about being healthy come playoffs. 

Brooklyn is probably the favorite in the east no? You've got to not only have a good team you have to get lucky health wise to win. 

DiVincenzo is back from injury, but he has to be better than he was last year. I expect more from that kid because he has talent. It's going to be darn hard to repeat. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

DiVincenzo is back from injury, but he has to be better than he was last year. I expect more from that kid because he has talent. It's going to be darn hard to repeat. 

He's gonna lose burn to Grayson Allen. I wouldn't be surprised if Grayson's the starting 2 guard.

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason