MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

Couple smaller deals that would help us a bit the rest of the year.

Jason Smith and our 2021 2nd to Miami for Wayne Ellington
Thon Maker and Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Dwayne Dedmon and Vince Carter

Bledsoe | Hill | DDV
Brogdon | Brown | Ellington | Connaughton
Middleton | Snell | Carter
Giannis | Wilson | Wood
Lopez | Dedmon

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bledsoe | Hill | DDV
Giannis | Wilson | Wood
Lopez | Dedmon

huh... trying to figure out if it's worth it for ATL to take on Ilyasova's money in order to get Thon Maker. Vince Carter is basically a zero value player at this point in his career. I guess, the question is, do you think you could do better than Maker for Dedmon if you're ATL.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

huh... trying to figure out if it's worth it for ATL to take on Ilyasova's money in order to get Thon Maker. Vince Carter is basically a zero value player at this point in his career. I guess, the question is, do you think you could do better than Maker for Dedmon if you're ATL.

Yeah, it all depends on Dedmon's market. Thon fits that team nicely and Ersan's deal is only another year so it's not like it hinders a bad team from getting better. Plus, that front office is familiar with him. 

Will be interesting to see what we do.

14 hours ago, Spartacus said:

This game is brutal to watch. Up 24 points and down to 6 in like 6 minutes... 

Playing a good team on the road with Giannis on foul trouble.....you take the W and move on.  Certainly was frustrating to see a 24 point lead dwindle to 6, but you had to know a run from Toronto was coming.  

I feel it added something for MIL moving forward knowing that the rest of the team can withstand a run by a quality team even with Giannis not on the floor or playing lights out.  Brodgon, Bledsoe, Wilson, Middleton each made some "clutch" shots/plays when needed.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 9:48 PM, beekay414 said:

Bledsoe | Hill | DDV
Giannis | Wilson | Wood
Lopez | Dedmon

Something I missed earlier. Does Wayne Ellington even play in a post-season series? He can shoot, no doubt, but he is a sieve on defense. He's not playing over Snell, Brogdon, Brown, and Middleton on the wing. I'm not even sure he'd play over Patty C.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Something I missed earlier. Does Wayne Ellington even play in a post-season series? He can shoot, no doubt, but he is a sieve on defense. He's not playing over Snell, Brogdon, Brown, and Middleton on the wing. I'm not even sure he'd play over Patty C.

Depends on the unit, I guess. If Wes Matthews gets bought out, its the same story with him. Will be interesting to see what we do, if anything, by Thursday.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Depends on the unit, I guess. If Wes Matthews gets bought out, its the same story with him. Will be interesting to see what we do, if anything, by Thursday.

If Matthews is bought out, he's not going to end up in MIL. He'll go somewhere where he's guaranteed 20+ minutes (like PHI).

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

If Matthews is bought out, he's not going to end up in MIL. He'll go somewhere where he's guaranteed 20+ minutes (like PHI).

Oh, I know. The point was more, any available shooter that we might target, it's going to be the same story.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh, I know. The point was more, any available shooter that we might target, it's going to be the same story.

Yeah it's tough to find buyout candidates that would even get into our rotation. Just looking at the different teams that may actually utilize the buyouts, we're talking CLE, NYK, PHX, ATL, CHI, and MEM maybe.

CLE: Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, David Nwaba
-None of those guys are getting into the rotation.
NYK: Wes Matthews, Mario Hezonja
-Matthews is going to be highly sought after and want a larger role, Hezonja sucks
PHX: Nobody
CHI: Nobody
MEM: Garrett Temple maybe?
-I don't think Temple gets in the rotation either.

MIL is hard to improve because the 9th-11th guys on the roster are actually pretty good. The only spots you could really improve would be like the fifth string C lol