MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As someone that’s long criticized Khris, man did this series increase my appreciation for Khris.

Middleton was a more reliable scorer.  

Allen -- 1-7 FG in game 6
Matthews -- 2-6 FG
Portis-- 2-8 FG
Hill -- 0-3 FG

If any of those guys has decent scoring game, the game 6 outcome might be different

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Middleton was a more reliable scorer.  

Allen -- 1-7 FG in game 6
Matthews -- 2-6 FG
Portis-- 2-8 FG
Hill -- 0-3 FG

If any of those guys has decent scoring game, the game 6 outcome might be different

He can have some nights where he’s just so off, but he’s capable of creating his own shot in a way that we desperately needed. And even on his bad days, he’ll still consistently bury open jumpers, and nobody else on the entire roster could do that all series long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

He can have some nights where he’s just so off, but he’s capable of creating his own shot in a way that we desperately needed. And even on his bad days, he’ll still consistently bury open jumpers, and nobody else on the entire roster could do that all series long.

He's inconsistent but considering his game is based around a lot of jumpers, there's not many people who are. Even Steph, who is the greatest shooter of all time, can be inconsistent and has PLENTY of bad playoff series to point at where he wasn't shooting very good. Hell, he's in a several month shooting slump right now. The only people who are consistently dominant basically every night in this league are ones who can get to the rim and/or always create shots for their teammates. Giannis, LeBron, Jokic, Embiid, etc. The closest person we have to an always consistent jump shooter is KD, but even he is capable of bad shooting like this year or the 2016 WCF. 

I say all that to say that I think Middleton gets too bad of a rap for inconsistency issues. Yeah, he does have them more than players like Steph or KD but that's because he's not that caliber of player. His style of play lends itself towards inconsistency, but he still shows up big all the time, look at his Finals numbers last year. Bucks REALLY missed him this series, for his shooting more than anything honestly.

• Like 1

How many times last year did Kris end another teams momentum? I think that was one major thing the Bucks missed in this series. A team goes and hits a big three, then Kris comes down and sinks a mid range jumper. He could hit a mid range shot at the biggest times. Plus his defense was missed. I think the Bucks win in 6 with Kris. 

• Like 1