MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I genuinely don’t care that he’s gone, he’s obviously not worth $20 million, but going out of your way to let a guy that constantly pouts and quit on the team have an easier path to signing with your closest rival just seems like such a ridiculous move.

If the worst case is that it forces him to take a significantly below-market deal with the Bucks, I just don’t see the downside. If he’s pouty and miserable, you’re still likely to get some small asset for a 20 ppg player on a $4 million expiring. He’d have a no trade clause, but he couldn’t have afforded to sit and block trades anyways.

In the end, it probably makes no difference. Just totally lost on how the move did anything other than help a disgruntled player and a rival team while giving us zero tangible benefits.

I'm not disagreeing that on the outside it seems silly, i just don't think it's a big enough deal to get upset about. I just think there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff the external fan doesn't know about. 

Like for instance, I could easily see bartelstein repaying the bucks with a solid in the future because of this. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Nobody was trading for Jabari on the QO. You dont get bird rights so players on QOs aren't assets at all. 

You honestly think he turns into a net-negative asset on a deal that’s vastly under market value with absolutely no risk involved?

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

You honestly think he turns into a net-negative asset on a deal that’s vastly under market value with absolutely no risk involved?

He's a net negative regardless. Just getting rid of his toxicity was enough. 

And literally, players without bird rights are worthless to teams. 

Edited by bkobow05

18 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Wut

They routinely benched him to kill his trade value, then lied constantly to the public to paint him out the fan base as a bad guy, then isolated him to the point where no one was going to give anything for him. Total crap management. It was obvious we were done with him, deal him at the deadline or last offseason, pennies on the dollar are better than jack .... You telling me you look at how the Brewers and Packers are run and think the Bucks are even in the same neighborhood? They're irrelevant, we're the Chargers of the NBA, never bad enough to get better, never good enough that anyone cares.

Once they re-sign Middleton to close to a max deal that will cement Giannis leaving sans even coming close to a championship. My only remaining hope is that we send him packing at some point and can dump some crap contracts and let Giannis recruit some stars via FA. Even then, does anyone want to come to Milwaukee?

The Bucks didn't kill Jabari's value, Jabari killed Jabari's value. 

The overreaction to losing someone that was such an obvious non-fit is baffling to me. Get past his name and look at what actually happened. He was a negative on the court, seemingly a negative in the locker room/on the bench (blame Kidd all you want, Jabari pouted in clear day light) and wasn't a fit with Giannis. Letting him go and bitching about "not getting something" is like the Brewers not getting something for Rickie Weeks.

Edited by bkobow05

Also, we're in a far better position by letting Parker walk than, say, Minnesota is by paying Wiggins just because he was their #1 overall pick. You don't pay players based on draft pedigree and PPGZ!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bkobow05

19 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

The Bucks didn't kill Jabari's value, Jabari killed Jabari's value. 

The overreaction to losing someone that was such an obvious non-fit is baffling to me. Get past his name and look at what actually happened. He was a negative on the court, seemingly a negative in the locker room/on the bench (blame Kidd all you want, Jabari pouted in clear day light) and wasn't a fit with Giannis. Letting him go and bitching about "not getting something" is like the Brewers not getting something for Rickie Weeks.

Agree to disagree, he's a 20ppg guy who the Bucks killed any value on to the other team. A good team gets something for Jabari. We tanked an entire year for nothing.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree to disagree, he's a 20ppg guy who the Bucks killed any value on to the other team. A good team gets something for Jabari. We tanked an entire year for nothing.

He's a 20 PPG guy that is 100% empty stats. The year he scored 20.1 PPG, we were 5 POINTS BETTER with him off the ******* court. 

Team Opponent Difference
Split Tm MP eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% ORtg eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% ORtg eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% ORtg
On Court MIL 1728 .531 21.2 74.3 48.5 62.2 8.3 10.8 14.7 109.2 .521 25.7 78.8 51.5 63.8 7.6 8.8 14.5 112.1 +.010 -4.5 -4.5 -3.1 +61.5 +8.2 +10.7 +14.5 -2.9
Off Court MIL 2228 .525 21.7 76.2 49.0 62.4 8.8 9.0 14.8 109.8 .516 23.8 78.3 51.0 62.9 8.1 7.3 16.3 107.3 +.009 -2.1 -2.1 -2.0 +61.8 +8.7 +8.9 +14.7 +2.5
On − Off MIL 44% +.006 -0.5 -1.9 -0.5 -0.2 -0.5 +1.8 -0.1 -0.6 +.005 +1.9 +0.5 +0.5 +0.9 -0.5 +1.5 -1.8 +4.8 +.001 -2.4 -2.4 -1.1 -0.3 -0.5 +1.8 -0.2 -5.4

PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY!

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What do you mean? Bucks would have rushed him back opposed to how Philly handled him? 

i personally don't think he's out of the woods, or really ever will be. i hope the dude stays healthy, i really do, but i would not put my life savings on him playing 10 more healthy years in the NBA.

obviously we take him if we know what we know now, but i do think there's still major risk there.

• Like 1