#FireJasonGarrett

WizardHawk

On 11/25/2019 at 7:23 PM, Matts4313 said:

I get it, we are all emotional and not in a good way. JG is still the 3rd best coach we have ever had. He did a lot of good for this franchise.

Meh that's debatable. Switzerland won a SB while he and Jerry dismantled the 90s dynasty with their Idiocy. 

Parcels cleaned a whole lot of their mess and even though he didnt get us back into the deep playoffs, TBH he wasnt really given a chance too. 

I'd say it's pretty debatable. 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Meh that's debatable. Switzerland won a SB while he and Jerry dismantled the 90s dynasty with their Idiocy. 

Parcels cleaned a whole lot of their mess and even though he didnt get us back into the deep playoffs, TBH he wasnt really given a chance too. 

I'd say it's pretty debatable. 

Parcells was a toss up for me. But he also lost his only playoff appearance with terrible coaching. And he hung on to aging players at the expense of all the young talent he added. 

I would take Garrett over Switzer 100% of the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Honest question - what other coaches have blown your socks off under the Garret admin? I can think of the Harbaugh bro's early in his tenure. He wasnt going to be on the hotseat after lead leading 2014/16 when won COTY. So that basically rules out Shanny or McVay. I dont think Pederson is a good coach, he got carried by an all star cast.

Im a little surprised no one answered this. The "hot coaches" during Garretts 8-8 years, the most likely time for his to be fired, were who? Off the top of my head

Hue Jackson and Zimmer from the Bengals

Spagnolo

All those Bucs guys I cant remember: The college coach, the DB coach from the vikings, the OC from the Falcons

Rod Marinelli

Jim Schwartz

Rex Ryan

Singletary

Herm Edwards

Who else am I missing? John Fox?  Bill O Brian? Jim Caldwell?

Literally none of those guys are distinguishable better than Garrett. And we have no clue if the drafting/player development would have tanked with those guys.

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to Reddit/Colin Cowerd, and there was no video source to prove it, Jerry has a handshake deal in place with Lincoln Riley. What would be truly bizarre is if he took over this year, which would mean forgoing a bowl game. 

If that's the case, Jerry either rides with JG for the year or fires him and Richard comes in as interim.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to Reddit/Colin Cowerd, and there was no video source to prove it, Jerry has a handshake deal in place with Lincoln Riley. What would be truly bizarre is if he took over this year, which would mean forgoing a bowl game. 

That'd be kinda...wow. 

My thing is...who does Riley bring in as DC? He has no NFL connections, does he?

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If that's the case, Jerry either rides with JG for the year or fires him and Richard comes in as interim.

I think that just ticks Richard off because then we have to demote him. I dont think Rod would do it because he is uber loyal. The only coach on the offense with HC experience (that I know of) is Kitna in highschool. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

That'd be kinda...wow. 

My thing is...who does Riley bring in as DC? He has no NFL connections, does he?

If we do go Riley, I really really hope he either keeps a lot of the staff or he highers former NFL guys. I cant think of any off the top of my head that are trying to get back into the NFL though. A couple are analyst, but no one jumps out immediately. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Parcells was a toss up for me. But he also lost his only playoff appearance with terrible coaching. And he hung on to aging players at the expense of all the young talent he added. 

I would take Garrett over Switzer 100% of the time. 

I agree with you there. I still put that loss to the Seahawks on him for having Romo hold for FG's and not having Bledsoe or a WR do it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If we do go Riley, I really really hope he either keeps a lot of the staff or he highers former NFL guys. I cant think of any off the top of my head that are trying to get back into the NFL though. A couple are analyst, but no one jumps out immediately. 

The defensive staff really has been underwhelming though, not sure I'd like to see any of them retained. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I agree with you there. I still put that loss to the Seahawks on him for having Romo hold for FG's and not having Bledsoe or a WR do it. 

We lost that Seahawks game because our scheme was terrible. If you remember the top 4 (?) corners for the Seahawks were out of the game. We should have thrown all over them.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

I just seen something from BTB saying Urban Meyer and Josh McDaniel were top priorities.

Link?

I think the Cowboys with Dak is maybe the only team McDaniels would like the Pats and 74 year old Brady. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would be ecstatic if this was true. However this would be a complete violation of the Rooney Rule. And any interviews he does after season would goes against the spirit of the rule. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Link?

I think the Cowboys with Dak is maybe the only team McDaniels would like the Pats and 74 year old Brady. 

Can’t link atm, but I’d guess it’s on BTB or Freeman’s Twitter acct.

I don’t know about JM. He burnt Indy and BB assistants just don’t excite me much in general.