#FireJasonGarrett

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah, I’m good w/ GTFO.  He can keep his culture of playing soft, losing when it matters, and trying to clap his way out of being completely inept.

Agreed, plenty of coaches out there that can instill a Championship culture and develop players. Time for Garrett to move on! 

3 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah, I’m good w/ GTFO.  He can keep his culture of playing soft, losing when it matters, and trying to clap his way out of being completely inept.

You literally cant recognize a single positive? The guy rebuilt our entire team. Twice. He rebuilt our entire F.O. structure. 

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Agreed, plenty of coaches out there that can instill a Championship culture and develop players. Time for Garrett to move on! 

Name the coaches who have done a better job in player development. Isnt the entire reason you want him gone is because we know the caliber of roster THAT HE IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR BUILDING??!?

Seriously. Name them. What teams have a better culture and player development. Ill give you my list:

Pete Carrol

Billy B

J Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Thats it. Those are the only guys *clearly* better. Which makes JG somewhere between #4 and #8ish?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Name the coaches who have done a better job in player development. Isnt the entire reason you want him gone is because we know the caliber of roster THAT HE IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR BUILDING??!?

Seriously. Name them. What teams have a better culture and player development. Ill give you my list:

Pete Carrol

Billy B

J Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Thats it. Those are the only guys *clearly* better. Which makes JG somewhere between #4 and #8ish?

idk Matts, I get the point and all, but this feels very much like polishing a turd.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

idk Matts, I get the point and all, but this feels very much like polishing a turd.

Im not saying is on the same level as them as a total coach. And  clearly when you add in game planning, play calling, scheme and similar aspects of coaching other guys are up there. McVay/Shanny/Reid probably Riech. 

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

What do you want to happen?

9-7 win division, maybe steal a win in the wildcard round then get completely outclassed in the divisional round, but give Jerry an excuse to keep Garrett because we won the division and a playoff game?

No Thanks

Lol, Jerry would not keep Garrett for that result.

5 hours ago, D82 said:

I think he is...and in Dallas he wouldn't exactly be the GM like he was in Denver. He has a good track record with QBs and just seems to be Belichick's understudy more so than most of the other former coordinators under BB. 

Ehhh he may be as smart as people say he is. But the HC gig is a different kind of beast then a coordinator job is. 

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

It's been 9 years, What gives you any reason to believe that?

Its questions like this that annoy me so much. In the last 9 years has Jerry ever let Jason get to 5 games away from his contract expiring? And after game 11 go publicly that his team "needs to win some damn games" and that we lost against the Pats because of "coaching"?

No. So this is obviously not the same as the last 9 years.

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ehhh he may be as smart as people say he is. But the HC gig is a different kind of beast then a coordinator job is. 

I think he was younger, less experienced then. A lot of people learn from failure. 

But he also seems like a cocky know it all, so maybe not. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its questions like this that annoy me so much. In the last 9 years has Jerry ever let Jason get to 5 games away from his contract expiring? And after game 11 go publicly that his team "needs to win some damn games" and that we lost against the Pats because of "coaching"?

No. So this is obviously not the same as the last 9 years.

I think he was younger, less experienced then. A lot of people learn from failure. 

But he also seems like a cocky know it all, so maybe not. 

Ok, lets say he gets to 10 wins, Huge upset of either SanFran or Seattle in the Wildcard round and loses a close one to the Saints in the Divisional round

You're telling me Jerry gets rid of Garrett?

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Ok, lets say he gets to 10 wins, Huge upset of either SanFran or Seattle in the Wildcard round and loses a close one to the Saints in the Divisional round

You're telling me Jerry gets rid of Garrett?

I say yes, based on the fact that beating either the 49ers or Seahawks at home in the wild card round would be seen as a "huge upset." Zero progress in a decade.