Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

why? Because he values the wrong attributes at QB

According to who?

Just say you disagree with his opinion and keep it moving rather than acting like you know better.  I have a simple philosophy when it comes to sports.  I trust the opinions of those with experience in the game over those that don't.

So when it comes to former players and coaches versus reporters that never played or coached, I'll trust the guys with experience over those that don't.

10 minutes ago, VanS said:

According to who?

Just say you disagree with his opinion and keep it moving rather than acting like you know better.  I have a simple philosophy when it comes to sports.  I trust the opinions of those with experience in the game over those that don't.

So when it comes to former players and coaches versus reporters that never played or coached, I'll trust the guys with experience over those that don't.

so you should trust the opinions of Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest and countless others who are far more credible than a guy who worked 1 year for the Patriots as a coaching assistant.

But you don't because it doesn't fit your agenda. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

so you should trust the opinions of Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest and countless others who are far more credible than a guy who worked 1 year for the Patriots as a coaching assistant.

He'll just say they're biased.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

So Vans, there have been countless guys over the years to come and go from the Patriots organization, where is one to corroborate Chris Simms claims?

Where is one to go against it?

Once again, Simms never said Brady wasn't an awesome QB.  Just that even he is replaceable in the eyes of Belichek and some of the other coaches in that building.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Where is one to go against it?

Once again, Simms never said Brady wasn't an awesome QB.  Just that even he is replaceable in the eyes of Belichek and some of the other coaches in that building.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Amongst countless others who've played with him and coached with/against him.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

When have they ever said Belichek views Brady as irreplaceable?

You guys seem to be trying to twist this into an argument over whether Brady is any good.  He's awesome.  No one would say he isn't.  The issue here is whether others could do what he's done in that system.  Chris Simms simply said that the coaches in that building believe there are other QBs who couldo do what Brady does.  PERIOD.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

So you’ll be back when Goff is playing well again? I didn’t realize this was a respectable approach. Hmmm 🤔. I should’ve disappeared too after Daniel Jones played the Vikings and Pats defenses. 

I've already put my opinions out there. No reason to waste my time. I recommend you do the same on Jones.

56 minutes ago, Elky said:

He'll just say they're biased.

No I won't.  Go and read my previous post.  This isn't a question of is Tom Brady an awesome QB.  He is.  The issue is how replaceable is he.  And according to Chris Simms the Patriots coaches believe he's replaceable.  In particular Bill Belichek.

I haven't heard Willie McGinnest or Rodney Harrison say otherwise.  No one (as far as I know) has said Belichek views Brady as irreplaceable. 

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

When have they ever said Belichek views Brady as irreplaceable?

You guys seem to be trying to twist this into an argument over whether Brady is any good.  He's awesome.  No one would say he isn't.  The issue here is whether others could do what he's done in that system.  Chris Simms simply said that the coaches in that building believe there are other QBs who couldo do what Brady does.  PERIOD.

Source?

Also, you keep spelling BeliCHICK wrong.

Edited by Elky

1 minute ago, Elky said:

Source?

Source = the now defunct "Simms and Lefkoe" podcast on Bleacher Report

Don't remember the date but it was sometime last year.  Anyone who follows Chris Simms has heard him say that.  He gets major heat from Patriots fans like you who call him a Brady hater for simply stating what he's heard.

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

Kurt Warner, a Hall of Famer who played against Brady in the Super Bowl, thinks Simms is a moron: https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/tom-brady-ranking-sparks-kurt-warner-chris-simms-media-war/

That's an argument over where Tom Brady ranks among current QBs.  Players are human like the rest of us and disagree all the time.

My assertion isn't that Chris Simms opinion is always right.  I simply repeated a story he said.   He said that the Patriots coaches view Tom Brady as being replaceable.  PERIOD.  He wasn't giving his opinion on Brady.  He was simply repeating what he heard while working in New England.

Edited by VanS